SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Bug fixes:

LiveTV OSD (not Media Player) would go into an endless loop if a media file (MP3, M4A, or other non-video file was found)...... fixed.

Menu configuration (to add new menu items, etc.) used to just show numbers and not the actual menu links....... fixed.

Upcoming Recordings would sometimes cause the TV EPG to get corrupted..... This was due to the same variable being used in both menus.... fixed.

Set Comskip updates to be spaced out over a 1 minute interval. Instead of polling it every second which it had been doing, I inserted a new thread to pause for 1 minute and then recheck. If you change the TXT file generated by Comskip and don't see it update right away, it will update within 1 minute. Also, if Comskip is actively running on the file, the updates will also update every 1 minute (and skipping will be active once the update is done each time)

To do list:
-----------
I'm still trying to get the Music Jukebox screen to display *and* play MP4 files and possibly WMA files. It's quite possible, but the system keeps showing them as video files (possibly due to the fact that it has to go through DirectShow).... this will be done first (along with any possible bug fixes)

Sometimes the STV switches from Skinned timebar mode to simple timebar if you jump back without using the Home key. This should be fixed shortly.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 03-20-2005 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Sage Expert

Update:

New property added:
"laurenglenn/main_menu_XML_file" is now added and set to "laurenglenn.xml" which is included in the ZIP file.

Fixed occasional bug that would pop up (no pun intended) when using the pop-up menus. Sometimes I would pass a parameter to a subroutine, but since you would not leave the original menu when closing an Options Menu and bringing up another one, it would keep passing the same parameter.... Anyway, that has been worked around with a simple instruction... All solutions in life are easier than we think.....

Changed automatic Comskip advancing to .25 seconds to make it much smoother.

* When jumping backwards via comskip, automatic comskip advancing is now turned off for 20 seconds and then returned to its original state. This would prevent having the system automatically jump itself forwards.

Sluggish menu response that comes after closing a video file has been reduced.

As always, please let me know what you think or if there are any bug fixes (or questions too....)

Thanks!
Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 03-24-2005 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:42 PM

I am a newbie to this. I unzipped the files to the frey\sagetv directory but nothing changed. Do I need to unzip it to another directory and after that do I need to do something?
Old 05-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenglenn
* When jumping backwards via comskip, automatic comskip advancing is now turned off for 20 seconds and then returned to its original state. This would prevent having the system automatically jump itself forwards.
That is a GREAT idea!!

Jere
Old 05-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasan
I am a newbie to this. I unzipped the files to the frey\sagetv directory but nothing changed. Do I need to unzip it to another directory and after that do I need to do something?
Try to see if the file was unzipped with "Preserve Folder name" or something to that effect.

Some STVs allow for you to switch STVs on the fly from the Detailed Setup menu. I haven't had too much success with that, but then, I guess I'm biased and I use my own quite a bit.

There is an update coming soon. I've been making a few minor changes here and there with maybe a minor fix or two.... Just so you all know, I've been working reallllly long hours at the IRS processing tax returns. The shifts are getting back to normal and I should be able to post an update soon enough.

The work on the music player has been delayed for a bit and I hope to pick up with that again. I've seen people asking for an AAC player and Sage *does* play those (if you're playing one via the Library Import screen and you go to my music page, the display will show it there). Now, all that's left to do is to clean up the interface some more and have it parse through all files to get to the music ones (since Sage reports anything that's not MP3 and WAV as a Video file)....

Anyway, let me know if that solution works for you. The STV reads parameters from Sage itself, so it shouldn't matter what directory Sage is installed in. If you loaded the STV in another STV, you might need to exit Sage and restart for it to show. (This used to happen to me with other STVs also....) If that fails, there's always editing the Sage.Properties file when Sage isn't loaded....

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 05-11-2005 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Sage Expert

New update. The IRS has reduced my hours a bit and now I can post what changes have been made before I go to see Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith......

Setting Watched and/or Don't Like on a popup menu would cause CPU usage to go over 90%... This should be fixed now.

Hitting Record in the Upcoming Recordings menu would sometimes cause a Refresh() to fire. This ended up changing the value of a variable back to the first instance of a popup menu causing you to have to search for the original file to change. This has been fixed....

There were quite a few other cosmetic changes and some bug fixes..... Too many little ones here and there. After entering so many 1040's in the IRS, I just didn't have too much time free to catalog them all.... Just so you know that if it happened to me that I fixed it...

Lauren
Old 05-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Sage Expert

OK. I loved Revenge of the Sith!

Now.... on to the STV.

The STV now uses the "translucent_rendering" property. If you set it to TRUE, transparency and gradient fills should be turned off on all items. If there are any that haven't had it turned off on, please let me know. This will speed up the display for those of us using the xCard plugin, which has to dither the display to 8-bit color.

I took out the background graphic for the same reason listed above. I can't seem to make it conditional in the Sage theme, but I'll keep working on it.

BTW, the Show Logos show up verrrrrry nice with the xCard plugin.

Lauren
Old 05-29-2005, 04:26 AM
Sage Expert

New version..... finally!

I changed the display of the Recordings menu. If you set the columns to 1, it will split the button in two and give you the show description to the right.

Setting the display to 3 rows and 1 column seems to speed up the display a bit for the xCard plugin. It turns out that the buttons had the show image underneath the color fill for the button. This has been removed to speed up the display. To do this, right-click with the mouse (or hit Options) when on the Recordings screen.

System Information was not being displayed..... fixed.

For those who are using Show Analyzer, copy the ShowAnalyzer.exe file to the Sage directory and rename the file to "comskip.exe" to make it work for now. It would be better to have a setting in the Options menu, which I should have in there when ShowAnalyzer is released to the public.

Option to turn off gradients has been added to the Video Menu settings in Detailed Setup.

*EDIT*: TV Grid was updated to be less curved (which was the style in 1.4, but not too much anymore after seeing other STVs). Gradients were also removed when transparency/gradients were turned off. This results in much quicker performance with xCard. If gradients are turned on, the selected item appears brighter than non-selected items.

Enjoy!

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 05-29-2005 at 08:39 AM.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:35 AM
Sage Expert

Well.... work on the STV is still alive. I've been adding stuff from the v3 STV that comes with SageTV 3, so when that's released, there will be an update.

There also has been progress with speeding up the display when using the xCard plugin. So, for those of you with the xCard and use this plugin, it will reduce the CPU usage during file playback as well as when the File Properties popup comes up. Usage during playback with the OSD off is actually about 1% on my system instead of the 85% or so it uses up with the current version.

Changes done:
OSD now uses the new UI in the v3 STV for the time scroll bar and the buttons as well. DVD Chapter Fwd & Back still will operate the Comskip jumping as before.

Colors are being changed a bit from Teal to the Gray pattern used in the v3 STV... Let me know if you prefer the Teal instead or if you like the Gray....

The Media Player will be replaced with the version from v3.

A few numerous bug fixes and optimizations (minor ones really)....

Detailed Setup has been completely replaced with the v3 STV's implementation. There were so many additions that it seemed better to replace it all. ---- As a result, Import STV has been added....

Also, I added a dialog box to add new recording qualities. The only cavat is that you'd have to close and restart Sage for it to take effect. It will allow you to select between the 3 sizes, and the MPEG-2 parameters. MPEG-4 should be able to be added fairly easily and should be ready when v3 is.

Because of the beta process, I can't go into all the new features of v3. When it's released, a new version of the STV will be uploaded.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 06-24-2005 at 04:40 AM.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Sage Expert

I went away from the forum for a while and realized that they recently released v3 beta to the forum. There's one small bit of code I want to fix, but I should have my STV loaded by Saturday night. The v3 STV's options are changing for the better and I want to include some of that in there as well.....

Lauren
Old 10-24-2005, 09:13 PM

Unhappy STV locks-up SageTV

Maybe it's me, I am fairly new to SageTV and I never tried to use a customized STV before. But after I unzipped the laurenglenn.zip archive into my C/...STVs/OriginalV2/ folder, and then switched to the laurenglenn.stv, Sage locks-up on a black screen with only the time showing. If I right-click I get a menu asking if I want to save the new menu. Other than that nothing in SageTV works. Am I missing something?
Old 10-25-2005, 03:18 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petech
Maybe it's me, I am fairly new to SageTV and I never tried to use a customized STV before. But after I unzipped the laurenglenn.zip archive into my C/...STVs/OriginalV2/ folder, and then switched to the laurenglenn.stv, Sage locks-up on a black screen with only the time showing. If I right-click I get a menu asking if I want to save the new menu. Other than that nothing in SageTV works. Am I missing something?
Try unzipping the archive to the same directory as the SageTV.exe file is in and make sure that you archive with the folders included. If that doesn't work, let me know. It sounds like the system is trying to load nielm's Java files, but can't find them.

Lauren