SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Phoenix Core Services problem

I'm not sure if this is the place to post it but I'm noticing that my phoneix core services on my client PC dies after the first reboot.

When I initially install it it's working find but when I exit and restart sage it shows failed.

If I uninstall then exit and restart sage it will work again until the following restart.

As a result of this I can't run Gemstone on my client and it appears phoenix core corrupts, or is doing something to my googleweather api as it stops working after phoenixcore services is installed. Once I remove phoenix core and remove re-install googlewether-api my weather comes back and works fine even after a reboot.

Last edited by sacrament055; 11-19-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: update title
Old 11-19-2012, 02:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Look in the sage logs and see what the error for the failed plugin is saying.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm including the Sage Client log.. Not sure if that's all you need.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvclient_0.zip (60.7 KB, 243 views)
Old 11-19-2012, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Perhaps Stuckless can comment on what this error is but I think it's related to a phoenix dependency not found...

Code:
ERROR loading plugin class sagex.phoenix.plugin.PhoenixPlugin of:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sagex/plugin/AbstractPlugin

Loading of plugin phoenix-core failed!
Besides this, the log file is full of exceptions... so much so it looks like some jar files must be missing or corrupt.

WIcons is failing... if you are using the latest SageTV and the new google weather then you should disable or uninstall WIcons as they are not compatible.

There are also many errors similar to...

Code:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class tmiranda.rpad.Log
Again... not sure what plugin this is from but it is certainly failing.

Not sure this helped but perhaps someone else can jump in and assist in suggesting something to clean this up.

k
Old 11-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

I went through and removed all plugins via the ui when gemstone wouldn't work then installed phoenix core and noticed that failed after a reboot. I guess i could just clean install sage again since its a client not my server.

Thanks for your help
Old 11-20-2012, 06:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Because of this error...

Code:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sagex/plugin/AbstractPlugin
It seem as if the sagex-api didn't get extracted correctly. This is a very base and core library that is used but many plugins... so if it doesn't extract correctly then I can see you having issues with several plugins, including Phoenix core.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Same issue with new client. Kinda odd.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ok so at least its not just me working fine on my server though
Old 11-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Because of this error...

Code:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sagex/plugin/AbstractPlugin
It seem as if the sagex-api didn't get extracted correctly. This is a very base and core library that is used but many plugins... so if it doesn't extract correctly then I can see you having issues with several plugins, including Phoenix core.
You're response gave me the clue of how to fix it for me. I took the known good jars from my server and copied them to my client and now all is fine.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:59 PM
SageTVaholic

This is still happening just did a clean Install and it fails on extracting will not update property files so cannot just copy from a working client.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
This is still happening just did a clean Install and it fails on extracting will not update property files so cannot just copy from a working client.
Does it give an error during the extracting? ie, permissions, etc. Sometimes SageTV will track when files are not full extracted and it will attempt to do it again during the next restart. So I would restart the client and see if fixes it.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Does it give an error during the extracting? ie, permissions, etc. Sometimes SageTV will track when files are not full extracted and it will attempt to do it again during the next restart. So I would restart the client and see if fixes it.
All other plugins extract and install except for the Phoenix Core part. I tried restarting rebooting same error.
Screen attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phoenix.jpg (119.4 KB, 229 views)
Old 11-21-2012, 08:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
All other plugins extract and install except for the Phoenix Core part. I tried restarting rebooting same error.
Screen attached.
can you send your sagetv_0.txt debug log as well... If sage failed to extract this, then the error should exist in the sagetv log file.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
can you send your sagetv_0.txt debug log as well... If sage failed to extract this, then the error should exist in the sagetv log file.
Stuckless,

I started from scratch ... Installed phoenix core and sagex api and it installed fine.
log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvclient_0.zip (36.0 KB, 196 views)
Old 11-21-2012, 10:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Stuckless,

I started from scratch ... Installed phoenix core and sagex api and it installed fine.
log attached.
So it's now working? Again, I've seen this from time to time where Sage will not extract a plugin correctly (permissions, or some other random error), and when that happens, you can't actually force a plugin to reload/reextract, you have to unload it, and all the dependent plugin, and start over. There needs to be a way in sage to just "refresh" a single plugin
Old 11-21-2012, 10:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Guess what it failed on my 2nd client. It must be a permission issue on my 2nd client. It does not create the C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\Phoenix folder

log attached.

Eureka... I found the problem.
In the one I had a problem installing with I had it load at startup fullscreen In windows 8... Windows 8 security is a lot tighter so I had to run as administrator. Even though my logon has administrator privileges. In the one that it was working on is because I start sagetv manually once I am logged on.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvclient_0client2.zip (38.5 KB, 200 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-21-2012 at 12:30 PM.