SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Procedure to install phoenix on windows client machine

Hi all,

I've been having a hell of a time trying to get phoenix installed correctly on a client machine. Just using the sage plugin manager doesn't work as indicated by other posts in this thread (gets stuck at UI initialization).

The only way I can get it partially working is to start off with no plugins installed, and use Stuckless's tool for manually installing. The issue I'm having then is that for some reason I can't pull in TV show fanart. Movie fan art works great for some reason.

Also in phoenix settings (under Fanart/Metadata options) if I set "local fan art Enabled" to False, I won't get any fan art at all. Isn't this setting supposed to go fetch the fan art from my Sage tv server? I see the benefit in this, with only having to manage all my fanart in one place, the downside is speed of browsing will probably slow down. Any suggestions on all this?
Old 12-30-2012, 06:25 PM
SageTVaholic

If you are using central fanart, then the fanart must be reachable as files from the client. ie, you'll need to set the central fanart location on the client to point to the the mapped drive of where the fanart is stored.

Local fanart refers to fanart that is local the media file,ie, in the same directory as the media file.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

ahh got it..

so will it accept something like this

s:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\userdata\phoenix

or even UNC paths?

\\sage-pc\c\progam files\sagetv\sagetv\userdata\phoenix

update: yup this works (didn't try the unc path)

Last edited by Gustovier; 12-30-2012 at 08:56 PM.