SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Sage Expert

IMDB scraper problem, is it on my end?

I've run into a small issue for about 2 weeks now, and I am wondering if IMDB has changed something or if its something on my end (ie am I the only one seeing this)?

BMT finds/matches the movie and downloads the basic meta ok. However, it doesn't get the description, MPAA rating, cast info, original screening date, user rating and a few other fields. I am using the non-XBMC scraper, the XBMC scraper has never really worked for me. This is not just with some titles but with everything, and I went back, erased the meta for a few of my movies and rescrapped to test it.

This started a couple weeks ago and I just thought I would wait it out and see if it was some network issue or temporary site problem. My movies are starting to back up on me now though, so I thought I would check and see if it was me.

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2013, 01:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkshadow View Post
I've run into a small issue for about 2 weeks now, and I am wondering if IMDB has changed something or if its something on my end (ie am I the only one seeing this)?

BMT finds/matches the movie and downloads the basic meta ok. However, it doesn't get the description, MPAA rating, cast info, original screening date, user rating and a few other fields. I am using the non-XBMC scraper, the XBMC scraper has never really worked for me. This is not just with some titles but with everything, and I went back, erased the meta for a few of my movies and rescrapped to test it.

This started a couple weeks ago and I just thought I would wait it out and see if it was some network issue or temporary site problem. My movies are starting to back up on me now though, so I thought I would check and see if it was me.

Thanks!
I just re-ran the unit tests for imdb.... It does appear to be broken. I'll see if I can take a look at it over the next few days.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:57 AM
Sage Expert

You rule Stuckless, thanks!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkshadow View Post
You rule Stuckless, thanks!
I'm guessing most people just use the themoviedb if you seem to think that it's been broken for 2 weeks and no one else has complained I know imdb has been doing some work to their site, hopefully the changes aren't too extensive.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Sage Expert

I don't blame them as TMD is great, actually better in some areas (like foreign movies) than IMDB. What keeps me stuck on IMDB is the user rating field, which I use extensively with your filtering system in Gemstone.

TMD's user ratings are sometimes wildly inaccurate simply because their sample size is so much smaller than IMDB's. There are a few movies on there with really low ratings that I actually rated poorly (because I hated them) and was the only vote, or one of a handful, but are rated in the 7 (70) range on IMDB. Then most movies have a 0 for user rating. Also, IMDB's cast info is, on average, more complete but not always and sometimes its far better on TMDB.

I could adjust to a TMD system but I would have to change all my filterings . I might guess that most SageTV users have done exactly that.

Thanks for looking into this, totally no rush or anything and really appreciate your continued support of SageTV!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:09 PM
SageTVaholic

I've written the update for the imbd scraper, I just need a little more testing.

I'll try to get a new phoenix update out later this week, or weekend.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you...
HD-DVD Titles 166
DVD Titles - Too Many To Count..
Old 02-06-2013, 04:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Phoenix 2.3.60 has been created and is in the plugin updates. Hopefully this fixes the imdb issues. Because of how IMDb use geolocation IPs to serve up different content to different geographies... this scraper is becomming harder to maintain.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Sage Expert

Awesome, working again .

I can see the geo location issue in action. Now I am not getting MPAA ratings consistently and when they are there, they are incomplete (extended ratings blank). I am also seeing Australian ratings standard (R-16, R-18, etc) instead of the Filipino or US standard (which are essentially the same) in a couple of cases.

However, if I run Sage through a US VPN, I get the MPAA ratings and extended ratings again. I think movies that were not released in the Philippines or, in the case of using the US VPN, released in the US the field is blank Then nothing but the US has extended ratings info. I will test it through a VPN service in Hong Kong and see if some of the Chinese movies, which were getting no MPAA data via US VPN or local connection, scrape MPAA ratings.

This is just an interesting side note. The scrapper is working again! Thank you x10 for your time and work!
Old 02-06-2013, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I'm seeing a similar thing, in that I'm seeing Canadian Ratings instead of the more MPAA ratings.

I may add a few tweaks to the ratings manager to handle conversion to a consistent set of ratings.... but that's another project
Old 02-08-2013, 01:49 AM
Sage Expert

I love you !