SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Sage Expert

You are right. I had copied the license file to the plugins folder but forgot to add mail email address to the configuration of the license plugin. I now have the analog option. Thanks!
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Channel available on SD lineup not avaialbe on JSON lineup

I confirmed that a channel on my cable provider's lineup (Time Warner Digital Queens, NY) is available on SD's lineup. Apparently it isn't on my registered JSON lineup. I did notice that it was disabled on SD's lineup, so I enabled it but I don't think this has anything to due with the JSON lineup. BTW, this is channel 721 (MIlitary channel HD) on Time Warner cable. Is there a way to get this channel on the JSON lineup? Thanks
Old 07-19-2013, 06:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Open the sdjson.epg file with a zip viewer. Go to lineups folder & open the file for that lineup. Check to see if the channel is in there. If it's not, open an issue ticket at Schedules Direct; be sure to mention that it's the json service you're using. If it's in there, but not showing up in Sage then that's on me to fix and I'll need more details.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 07-19-2013, 07:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

It's not in the lineup. I'll bring up the issue with Schedule's Direct. I don't know f this has any bearing on the problem, but SD Status in the Sage web browser indicates the last epg update as July 14 and last Meta Data update is null.

Last edited by gdippel; 07-19-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can't add second line despite having license

Since Time Warner Kicked off CBS, I had to attached my rabbit ears to my Hauppauge 1850 in lieu of Clear QAM to get CBS. I registered the OTA head end with the JSON service via the web UI but can't seem to add the OTA lineup. I'm using a cable line up for my HDPVR.

I have a license and it's configured with my correct email address and path for the license file. I checked the License plugin log file and there appears to be an error. I've attached the pertinent portion of the log file. Thanks for any help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt License log.txt (944 Bytes, 153 views)
Old 08-03-2013, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

The location of the license file in the sagetv-addons plugin config screen is not valid. Be sure you set it either from the server itself or from an extender. You cannot set it from a client PC as it will almost certainly never work.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
The location of the license file in the sagetv-addons plugin config screen is not valid. Be sure you set it either from the server itself or from an extender. You cannot set it from a client PC as it will almost certainly never work.
I'm configuring the plugin from the server. The path is correct. Other plugins such as SJQ4 show as being licensed, but the log for the license plugin show file not found! Apparently, I've had this problem all along, going back to 2011 but never checked the log as I never needed two configurable lineups. I also had the license file sent to my e-mail address again just in case it was corrupt. Is there a chance the original file I'm being emailed is corrupt?
Old 08-03-2013, 12:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, so the logging in that file is a little misleading, sometimes. It seems above you changed the email address and when you do that, it processes the other inputs, blah, blah, blah. If SJQ says it's licensed then the file is fine. Is your license entitled to sdepg? In the sdepg.log file, it should tell you during an epg update whether or not the sdepg plugin thinks it's licensed. What does that log say?
Old 08-03-2013, 12:18 PM
SageTVaholic

I checked the license that was mailed out, it is entitled. Need to see what sdepg.log has to say about the license response it received.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ok, so the logging in that file is a little misleading, sometimes. It seems above you changed the email address and when you do that, it processes the other inputs, blah, blah, blah. If SJQ says it's licensed then the file is fine. Is your license entitled to sdepg? In the sdepg.log file, it should tell you during an epg update whether or not the sdepg plugin thinks it's licensed. What does that log say?
Checked the log, it says unlicensed. I do have a project wide lifetime license according to the email and my recollection. Is there a separate license for sdepg plugin?
Old 08-03-2013, 12:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Nope, should be working.

What is the cause, should be a message in that sdepg.log file like:

Code:
LOG.warn "Not processing airing generators: ${licResp.getMessage()}"
Need to know what that licResp message is. Should be a clue as to the problem.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've attached latest portion of the log. Appears to be a problem with the email. I've been using the same email for years, checked in the config file, it's correct.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Sage License Log.txt (5.1 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by gdippel; 08-03-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Which config file? The email needs to be set in the sagetv-addons plugin config screen. If it's right in there, take a peek in the Sage.properties file on your server. Look for the line that starts with:

sagetvaddons/license/email=

Is it right there? If not, stop Sage and just edit it directly in there and restart.

The error message means the email is blank in the sagetv-addons plugin config.

Last edited by Slugger; 08-03-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

My email is in the the correct add-on plugin config and I checked the properties file it's there. Could it be that because my email has two (2) periods, i.e. *****@nyc.rr.com it's causing a problem? As I said, apparently it's never worked from the get go. I had obtained individual licenses before the introduction of the license server and never noticed the problem until now. Maybe the license file was generated with an incorrect email address?
Old 08-03-2013, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

It's not the license file that is the problem, the problem is that the sdepg plugin is asking the license server for the email address you've registered in the plugin config screen and that is returning the empty string for some mysterious reason.

Given you say the proper email address is in the Sage.properties file then that means the issue is that the sagex api call is failing.

Run this in a web browser:

Code:
http://your_ip:your_port/sagex/api?command=GetServerProperty&1=sagetvaddons/license/email&2=oops&encoder=json
If the response contains 'oops' or you get some kind of other http error then the problem is that the sagex plugin isn't working for you and that needs to be fixed. If that url returns your email address as expected then I'm really stumped.

Edit: I'm not even sure why that api call is failing. It's all in process so sagex is just passing thru the api call directly to the core. The sagex-api network services shouldn't be called in this context.

Last edited by Slugger; 08-03-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

I get the response:

{"Result":"my email"}

With my correct email in place of "my email". Do I uninstall and re-install the license server? I suspect since it never worked since I installed the license server, some other plugin is causing a problem. I may just run sage from a backed up image of the server and try disabling plugins.

Last edited by gdippel; 08-03-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:16 PM
SageTVaholic

You can try, but I don't expect anything different to happen. For some reason, when sdepg asks for that property from Sage core, it's returning null. I see from your logs you're using Java 7. I've never tested any of my code on Java 7, if I had to guess I'd say there's some kind of negative interaction between the groovy code and Java 7. But that's nothing more than a "grasping at straws" kind of guess. What I'd suggest:

1) Check your SageTV\JARs folder for duplicate jar files; that could be a cause of problems

2) Reinstall the license server; I only suggest this because it's easier than the next suggestion and though it may work, I doubt it will change anything.

3) Downgrade to Java 6. This is a PITA, and it's only a guess. I have no good basis for the suggestion.

As a 2b), if you run the web ui, create a file in SageTV\webserver\groovy (create the groovy subdir if it doesn't exist) called test.gsp and put the following in it:

Code:
<% import sagex.api.* %>
<h1>${Configuration.GetServerProperty('sagetvaddons/license/email', 'ooops')}</h1>
Then in a web browser go to:

Code:
http://your_ip:your_port/sage/test.gsp
If this prints out "oops" then I'm thinking it's a Java 7 issue. If it prints out your email address then I really am out of ideas.

If you happen to get oops or a blank page as a response then change the file to this:

Code:
<% import sage.SageTV %>
<h1>${SageTV.api('GetServerProperty', ['sagetvaddons/license/email', 'ooops'] as String[])}</h1>
If that also prints oops or blank then it's almost definitely an issue with Groovy + Java 7. If the first fails and this last one prints your email then it would seem to be an issue with Groovy + sagex + Java 7 (or some combo thereof). Then the next step is to downgrade to Java 6.

If both of those print your email address then it's a bug in my code, which I will need to create debug jars to diagnose (and it's probably not a Java 7 issue so I wouldn't bother downgrading). It's a long weekend here in Canada and I'm about ready to head out and start enjoying it so if a debug jar is necessary to try and track this down, it won't be coming much before Monday or Tuesday.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Slugger,

Thanks for your help. Since all your other plugins recognize the license, I think I'll just revert back to the Sage epg. I really don't want to down grade to Java 6, so enjoy your weekend.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Which other plugins do you use? SJQv4 is pure Java so I can understand why that's not giving any problems. Do you use SREv3? SRE is written in Groovy and would validate the license the same way so if that's recognizing the license then it seems to be a bug in the sdepg plugin.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Which other plugins do you use? SJQv4 is pure Java so I can understand why that's not giving any problems. Do you use SREv3? SRE is written in Groovy and would validate the license the same way so if that's recognizing the license then it seems to be a bug in the sdepg plugin.
I'm using SRE V4, Sage Alert, SJQ4. I don't think it's a problem with Java 7. As I mentioned, my License plugin log goes back to 2011 when I was using Java 6 and apparently the problem existed then. I've attached a portion of the log. I really didn't check it until now as all the other plugins were working and I only needed one lineup until CBS and Time Warner went to war.
Attached Files
File Type: txt salicense.log.txt (2.1 KB, 154 views)

Last edited by gdippel; 08-03-2013 at 03:09 PM.