SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:41 AM
Sage User

Schedules Direct plugin not compatible

What I did

1) I downloaded SageTV for Windows 7.1.9.
2) I installed it and replaced the SageTV.exe file with the one that wnjj had made.
3) It launches and plays ok, but neither of the Schedules Direct plugins seem to work (0.0.8.1 and 1.0.0.1). Both have "not compatible"

Incompatibility Reason: Java Version 1.7+

What should I do?

Last edited by Damstas; 09-15-2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damstas View Post
What I did

1) I downloaded SageTV for Windows 7.1.9.
2) I installed it and replaced the SageTV.exe file with the one that wnjj had made.
3) It launches and plays ok, but neither of the Schedules Direct plugins seem to work (0.0.8.1 and 1.0.0.1). Both have "not compatible"

Incompatibility Reason: Java Version 1.7+

What should I do?
You need to install Java 7 or higher on your box.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
You need to install Java 7 or higher on your box.
But I have. :/

These are installed:
Java SE Development Kit 8 Update 51 (64 bit)
Java 2 Runtime Environment, Se v1.4.2_19
Java 8 Update 60 (64-bit)
Java(TM) 6 Update 10

Last edited by Damstas; 09-15-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

These are installed:
Java(TM) 6 Update 10
I saw some posts in the past that there were problems with version 8 but I thought that was with SageTV 7.1.9 and earlier.

Try dropping to Java 7 then and see if that fixes your problems.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
I saw some posts in the past that there were problems with version 8 but I thought that was with SageTV 7.1.9 and earlier.

Try dropping to Java 7 then and see if that fixes your problems.
Where can I download it? It says on Oracles website that they don't offer it anymore.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

To be clear, SageTV core has no issues (that I know of) with Java8, but the Jetty web server does have issues, and because of that other plugins that might leverage it, also has issues (incuding bmt and sagex remote apis).

So, Java 7 for the server, for now, until the plugins are updated to be Java 8 compatible.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:33 PM
Sage User

I found Java 7 Update 80 and installed it. I now have version 7 along with version 6, which was a required install with the server. Still says "Not compatible"
Old 09-15-2015, 01:05 PM
Sage

Look in the Windows registry under HKLM\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion

Be sure it's not set to 1.4 and is set to the Java 7 one instead (it should match one of the keys below this folder...so likely 1.7).
Old 09-15-2015, 01:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
Look in the Windows registry under HKLM\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion

Be sure it's not set to 1.4 and is set to the Java 7 one instead (it should match one of the keys below this folder...so likely 1.7).
It was set to 1.6. I changed it to 1.7 and now when I'm trying to start Sage it says: "Could not get information on current JVM." It works only with 1.6.
Also I installed the DVBDecrypter plugin and now the server crashes and restarts infinite times without any error messages.

Last edited by Damstas; 09-15-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

These are installed:
Java(TM) 6 Update 10
SageTV is a 32-bit Java program, so those two 64-bit are not used. It was likely running with the 6u10 version that was installed.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-16-2015, 07:08 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
SageTV is a 32-bit Java program, so those two 64-bit are not used. It was likely running with the 6u10 version that was installed.
Ok, thanks. That's probably it. I can't try it because of this infinite reload situation.

EDIT: Got it installed now and fixed the reload issue.

Last edited by Damstas; 09-16-2015 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:32 AM
Sage User

Got everything set up now (thx everyone for helping out), but I am wondering one thing. How can I see the episode artwork that comes from Schedules Direct, like in this pic: http://static.flickr.com/4035/4621050583_4d81417253.jpg
Where the picture is supposed be, I have currently ongoing TV-show.

Last edited by Damstas; 09-16-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

The sagetv plugin for SD does not currently support fanart. For fanart, you'd have to add a plugin that deals with fanart (BMT, I believe) and you'd have to use an STV (or STVi) that knows how to use that fanart source and display it.

The raw SD data that my plugin pulls down has all the references to all the fanart you'd ever want, just the plugin doesn't support accessing it, loading it into wiz.bin or otherwise displaying it. I decided to defer those features to other already available plugins.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 09-16-2015, 01:39 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
The sagetv plugin for SD does not currently support fanart. For fanart, you'd have to add a plugin that deals with fanart (BMT, I believe) and you'd have to use an STV (or STVi) that knows how to use that fanart source and display it.

The raw SD data that my plugin pulls down has all the references to all the fanart you'd ever want, just the plugin doesn't support accessing it, loading it into wiz.bin or otherwise displaying it. I decided to defer those features to other already available plugins.
The SD is the only source that has good artwork data in my country. Lot's of shows will then miss artwork.. Any chance of adding this feature?

Last edited by Damstas; 09-16-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:09 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
The SD is the only source that has good artwork data in my country. Lot's of shows will then miss artwork.. Any chance of adding this feature?
Or maybe (the means of provisioning for) a plugin for the SD plugin?

Sounds like the SD service is a good source for a number of things, and while other plugins may be going to other sources to obtain/handle those items. Should they want to make use of SD as well, why not do (hopefully) a little work to allow them to potentially use the SD plugin as a means of getting to it?
Old 09-16-2015, 05:34 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't want to provide false hope, so I'll just give it to you straight...

I personally have no plans to do it. I use Phoenix2 and its fanart mechanisms (BMT, etc.) to grab and display all the fanart I use. It works for me and so adding the extra features to the SD plugin just isn't on my radar.

The SD plugin arose mostly out of fear when Google moved in. My only goal with that plugin was to load my wiz.bin with epg data in case the worst happened. It does that and so I don't really plan on doing much more with it other than maintaining the current functionality.

But the good news is all the source code (for both the Sage plugin and all the SD apis it uses) is on github. I gladly accept pull requests from anyone wishing to enhance the current plugin. If someone wants to completely take over the Sage plugin and run with it, I'm open to that, too. As I said, the most I expect to do with the plugin is to maintain currently functionality if/when SD updates their protocol, which I'm hoping doesn't happen anytime soon. I have a few wishlist items for the plugin, but no plans to even look into those before 2016 and none of those items from my list have to do with fanart support.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 09-16-2015, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Support for people & show art is something I plan to do for SD... but that comes with a caveat that it might not be real soon either.

Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:42 AM
Sage User

Quote:

I personally have no plans to do it. I use Phoenix2 and its fanart mechanisms (BMT, etc.) to grab and display all the fanart I use. It works for me and so adding the extra features to the SD plugin just isn't on my radar.

The SD plugin arose mostly out of fear when Google moved in. My only goal with that plugin was to load my wiz.bin with epg data in case the worst happened. It does that and so I don't really plan on doing much more with it other than maintaining the current functionality.

But the good news is all the source code (for both the Sage plugin and all the SD apis it uses) is on github. I gladly accept pull requests from anyone wishing to enhance the current plugin. If someone wants to completely take over the Sage plugin and run with it, I'm open to that, too. As I said, the most I expect to do with the plugin is to maintain currently functionality if/when SD updates their protocol, which I'm hoping doesn't happen anytime soon. I have a few wishlist items for the plugin, but no plans to even look into those before 2016 and none of those items from my list have to do with fanart support.
Ok, thanks for letting us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Support for people & show art is something I plan to do for SD... but that comes with a caveat that it might not be real soon either.

Andy
Great to hear! To you have any ETA to give. Weeks, months?
Old 09-17-2015, 06:33 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:

Completely understandable, you made it to do something you needed it to do. You decided to share it with others because you wanted to. You don't need or want it to do those other things, and you don't benefit from making them. Thank you for doing what you have done.

Quote:
For which other plugin authors can be thankful for, should they decide to use SD as a media source in the nearish-future, as it saves them from having to reinvent the wheel to access SD with Sage.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Great to hear! To you have any ETA to give. Weeks, months?
Yes, that probably covers the anticipated time frame. Sorry, but I can't give an estimate. (And if someone else beats me to it, that's fine too.) In my previous post, I just wanted to say that getting some of that extra info out of the SD EPG data source was going to be done at some point.

Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.