SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Nothing looks out of the ordinary there. Please increase the sdepg log level to debug and run it again. Change the log level for the plugin only, leave the grabber log level at info. Change these settings in the plugin config screen for sdepg.

Also, check your sagetv_0.txt log file for any errors. The plugin itself may be crashing and logging something to there, though it doesn't look like it based on the info logs -- though debug logs should tell me more.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 10-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Because of its size, I have attached the output with SDEPG set to DEBUG as a text file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sdepg_debug.txt (101.1 KB, 117 views)
Old 10-28-2013, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

The plugin is definitely crashing. Need to see the sagetv debug log (sagetv_0.txt in SageTV\ folder).
Old 10-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Problems at least partially if not completely resolved.

I didn't have debug turned on in SageTV and I had to turn in on in order to generate the sagetv_0.txt file. When I did and ran a manual epg update I saw an error message in the sagetv_0.txt file indicating a problem with the class of my Airing filter. I don't know whether it was the length of the file name or the fact that I included a hyphen in the file name. In any event, I edited the file name for the airing filter to shorten it and eliminate the hyphen. I then ran another manual epg update and this time it completed processing without any problems, including picking up the correct language from my Chinese channels. The only thing I can't tell at this stage is if it got the language from my airing filter or the SDEPG download. Unfortunately, the airing filter keeps erasing everything and restarting for each airing so, while it was possible for me to confirm that the airing filter was processing the data, I couldn't determine whether the program language on these channels was present and then ignored by the airing filter or bland and then added by my airing filter. For now, I've temporarily disabled my airing filter. I'll watch the new epg data as it is added over the next week. If the new listings have the correct program language then your plugin is working fine. If the new listings have a blank program language, then you broke something when you optimized you plugin.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:21 PM
SageTVaholic

I'd like to see the error from the Sage debug log. An exception is getting thru that I should be catching and handling in the plugin.

The filter log you're logging to shouldn't be emptied on each airing it processes, but rather on each EPG refresh. Please confirm that's actually what you're seeing and if so, please log a bug report.

I'm 99% sure those Chinese channels will no longer set the language field properly from my code. Your filter is likely doing the work right now. After you confirm that, please open a bug report for this as well.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I'd like to see the error from the Sage debug log. An exception is getting thru that I should be catching and handling in the plugin.
The zip of the SageTV debug log file is attached

Quote:
The filter log you're logging to shouldn't be emptied on each airing it processes, but rather on each EPG refresh. Please confirm that's actually what you're seeing and if so, please log a bug report.
Confirmed, the filter log is being emptied after each airing. Bug report logged on the SDEPG website.

Quote:
I'm 99% sure those Chinese channels will no longer set the language field properly from my code. Your filter is likely doing the work right now. After you confirm that, please open a bug report for this as well.
Will do as soon as I have a chance to confirm that the correct language is not being picked up without my airing filter.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (160.9 KB, 100 views)
Old 10-28-2013, 06:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, so indeed it was the file name that Groovy didn't like. Makes sense when I think about it, but I thought groovy would be a little smarter than that. Anyway, yeah, you can't use special characters (and probably spaces) in your file names for filter/generator scripts. The scripts are named within Java based on the file name and so the file name must be a valid Java class name. File names with special characters (and probably spaces) will not please the Java classloader. I opened bug 372 to see what I can do to address it.

The filter log bug I see is opened. I'll wait to dig into that until after I know the status of the language setting situation. I will really only have time to dig into the code once this week so I'll wait and try to fix everything at once. Report one way or the other as soon as you know, please.

Last edited by Slugger; 10-28-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

I waited until SD updated their schedule listing and then requested an update through SageTV. The language for new shows on my Chinese stations came through correctly with my Airing filter turned off. Therefore, it looks like you didn't break things with your language optimization.

Therefore, the only issue I have at the moment is the fact that the log file for the Airing filter is clearing for each Airing rather than for each SDEPG download.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

0.0.5.1 Released

Bug fix release now available.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

I can confirm that beta 0.0.5.1 fixes the issue that I was having the the Airing filter log and based on this log output, I can also confirm that SDEPG is correctly picking up the program language from the SD file for my foreign language channels. Thank you.

Last edited by JerryB; 10-30-2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Correct typo
Old 11-18-2013, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

0.0.5.2 Released

Minor bug fixes + support for channel logos from Schedules Direct. By default, the channel logo installation is disabled. If you want channel logos installed you have to enable the feature in the sdepg plugin configuration settings.

Also of note, I have migrated the sdepg plugin project from Google Code to SourceForge. Google is disabling binary downloads from their projects in January and so I am starting to migrate my active projects back to SourceForge. This plugin, being my most active, is the guinea pig for the migration efforts.

Source Code now here.

Issues should be opened here.

Binary downloads are also on SourceForge, but not linked here since all downloads should be handled by the SageTV Plugin Manager.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Updated to .05.3 and logos vanished

After updating the Schedules Direct Plugin to the latest beta, I noticed all my logos vanished. I had left the logo download otion in the configuration disabled, but the directory where I had logos from years ago (pre Sage EPG logo availability) was empty. No big deal as I had backed up the directory, but I was wondering if this is a result of the latest beta?
Old 11-21-2013, 03:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdippel View Post
After updating the Schedules Direct Plugin to the latest beta, I noticed all my logos vanished. I had left the logo download otion in the configuration disabled, but the directory where I had logos from years ago (pre Sage EPG logo availability) was empty. No big deal as I had backed up the directory, but I was wondering if this is a result of the latest beta?
This is a bug introduced in 0.0.5.3. I'll try to get a fix uploaded after work and before I'm off to play hockey otherwise, first thing in the morning.

Until it's fixed, every EPG update will wipe your logos dir regardless of the config setting.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:54 PM
SageTVaholic

0.0.5.4 Released

One change only in this release: Fixes the logo issue referenced in the post directly above this one.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:22 AM

Invalid user issue

Hello, I am new to SageTV but reasonably proficient at PC tasks such as writing VBA code, setting up the old school XML methods for getting EPG data etc but I cannot get any results with the Schedules Direct plugin for SageTV. If I follow the command line reference for using the JSON service my user name and password are accepted and I can successfully register my zip code's OTA headend. When I check again later my headend is still registered.

I have been trying for long periods over several days to use the Schedules Direct plugin and can never get past an Invalid user error, from the web ui or the plug in itself (and then checking the log).

My username is all lower case letters with an underscore in the middle. My password is all lower case letters with one numeral and no punctuation. As I said, these both work when using the command line method.

I don't have any tuning hardware installed, I'm using Faker on port 5000 I read about in another thread. When I get to the part where I choose a Program Guide method it only shows the original non-working method and the Canadian method, there is no Schedules Direct option.

I'm using the latest v7 SageTV download, with only the Web UI and Schedules Direct plugins added.

What do I do now?
Old 12-28-2013, 12:33 AM
SageTVaholic

There won't be a specific "Schedules Direct" option when configuring your EPG source. Instead just select "Use US, Canada or XMLTV". When you select that, give it your zip code. If the next screen after that is an error message then ensure your username and password are correct in the Schedules Direct plugin settings. If you're sure they are then I'll need to see the *.log files in SageTV\plugins\sdepg\logs\ folder.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:24 AM

WORKAROUND!: using pc keyboard to enter passwords into plugins

Thank You Slugger for replying. It seems that when I use my keyboard (on two different PC's with SageTV) to enter passwords, the Schedules Direct and Jetty Web Service plugins both accept my initial and confirmed entries and confirm that they matched. However when I go back to the configure settings of either and enter the same password into the Current password box (as though I was going to change it), my entry is rejected as not matching the password that was accepted and confirmed originally.

As I said in my previous post, my username is lower case letters with one underscore in the middle, and my password is lower case letters with one numeral.

After resetting configuration and starting over, I noticed that for a quick instant after entering a numeral or punctuation mark with my physical keyboard, a row of characters appears onscreen between the entry box and onscreen keypad that I could be clicking on with the mouse (but apparently only has upper case letters) instead of using my physical keyboard. The key that I pressed is highlighted and seems to be the one that gets used. The row disappears on it's own before i can interact with it.

But apparently that is NOT the character that actually gets stored. If I reset configuration and start over, and use my physical keyboard to enter lower case letters, but click the onscreen keypad to choose numerals or punctuation marks (the row of characters that appears stays onscreen and I can scroll if necessary to the proper choice) then everything works. I can reset, enter and confirm a password, then check the configuration afterwards and my correct password has been stored.

Previously when I tried the XML option to set up the EPG with my zip code on the FAKER:5000 input device I would get an error saying my internet setup or zip code choice was incorrect. The only difference now is that I have entered my username and password into the Schedules Direct plugin usually the hybrid method described above, everything is working and I have a successful Schedules Direct JSON channel guide and Program Listings.

So it seems that there is a bug in the way physical keyboards are handled in SageTV (not just the Schedules Direct plugin) when numerals or special characters are entered (maybe just in the password manager since I can visually confirm my username entries and the underscore is there. Obviously I can't confirm the password entry to see what was actually stored since there is no "Show Password" option to use while typing, like many other programs/websites have).

There is an earlier post from someone who was lamenting the issue of lower case letters not being "Sage Friendly" but he was trapped because he had used them in his Schedules Direct account setup. Maybe this reply could help him if he sees it.

Now on to the next step, hopefully getting USBUIRT to work with the EPG (my entire goal is to have a small netbook pc with no capture card give me a pretty EPG that I can click on a channel then have USBUIRT change the channel on my not-so-smart Sammy HDTV).

Any advice or warnings about USBUIRT in SageTV?
Old 12-29-2013, 09:29 AM

Are channel logos currently working?

Hello- I have "Install Channel Logos" set to "True" in the plugin and have restarted my PC and refreshed the EPG, the ChannelLogos folder is empty and no logos appear in the EPG (which is set to show logos and there is a blank spot to the left of each channel number).

Any help please? If I can't get them from Schedules Direct is there a manual way that works?
Old 12-29-2013, 11:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Slugger let me know that there's an issue, and I'll be looking into it in the morning. Stay tuned.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Re: Keyboard input: There is a way to change the input mode so buttons are just seen as what's pressed instead of the mode where numbers are actually multiple characters. The terminology slips my mind, but it's all in the SageTV manual. This isn't a bug, just a misconfiguration.

Re: Channel logos: There are issues with Schedules Direct where some logos are missing, but unless you're OTA, it's unlikely you shouldn't be getting some of the logos at least. Again, the sdepg.log file is the source for problem determination. Without that file, I can only guess what the problem might be. To actually try and solve issues, I'll need to see that file.

Re: UIRT: No real warnings, I've been using one (the same one) for 7+ years now. It's rather solid. Not quite sure I understand what it is you're trying to accomplish with your setup, but as far as the UIRT sending IR signals, it does a fine job by all accounts.