SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:28 PM
Sage Expert

no lineups available

I am switching from timewarner cable to OTA. I cinfigured the lineup on Schedulesdirect and it shows the channels. I deleted the sjson.epg. I tried using the web interface and entered my zip which is 04240 and USA for country code then search and no headends are shown. My username and password are correct because this was working with different zip code and cable. What am I missing?
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Country code is two letters only; try just US.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 01-22-2014, 08:23 PM
Sage Expert

I looked at the first 15 pages of this thread looking for that because it is the only thing I wasn't sure of. After I posted this I read a few more pages of this thread and found I neede to enter US. All works fine now. Thanks
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Next release: Java 7 required

This is an early warning to all users that the next release of this plugin looks like it will require Java 7. It's not quite set in stone at this stage, but it's definitely looking that way.

I'd say we're at least two weeks away from the next release so you've got time should you need to upgrade. The plugin will have the Java 7 requirement in its manifest so it will refuse to upgrade on systems with older Java versions, but the current release will cease to work shortly after the next release, so you've got two choices:

1) Upgrade to Java 7 then upgrade to the new version of this plugin

OR

2) Uninstall the sdepg plugin and go back to the SageTV EPG servers

Again, you've got probably about two weeks minimum to decide. There is a chance I abandon the Java 7 only code I've put in there, but seems unlikely. Anyway, once I know for sure which way I'm going, I'll post that info here (probably within the next week). Those needing to know my decision before deciding on whether or not to upgrade to Java 7 may want to nudge me with a reminder in this thread if I haven't said anything by this time next weekend.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Schedule fix for Stewart, Colbert & @Midnight (Canada only)

So if you're in Canada and you record any of The Daily Show, Colbert or @Midnight off of The Comedy Network then you've probably noticed that, for the last month or so, the airing times have been incorrect. In the EPG, TDS runs 31 minutes followed by 30 minutes for the other two. But TDS only actually runs 30 minutes in Canada on The Comedy Network and you end up with the first minute of the other two in the previous recording. This is annoying.

Long story short, Tribune says Comedy Central (USA) runs TDS over 31 mins so therefore Comedy Network must, too. Well, they're wrong, but they seem to be refusing to fix it. Lucky for us sdepg users, we can fix their crappy data ourselves!

Install the script below in your plugins/sdepg/airing_filters/ directory (name it anything you like as long as it has a .groovy extension) and this will fix the problem. It does create a one minute gap in your schedule following @Midnight, but if you record whatever's on after @Midnight then you can just extend this script as needed to keep correcting whatever you need to.

Enjoy!

Code:
def start = _src_.gmtStart
if(_src_.station.callsign ==~ /COMDCHD/ && _src_.program.id ==~ /^EP(?:00293053|00774699|01799535)\d{4}/) {
	start[Calendar.MINUTE] = (30 * Math.round(start[Calendar.MINUTE]/30)) as int
	_src_.duration = 1800
	_log_.warn "Modified airing ${_src_.id}!"
}
Old 02-16-2014, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
This is an early warning to all users that the next release of this plugin looks like it will require Java 7. It's not quite set in stone at this stage, but it's definitely looking that way.

I'd say we're at least two weeks away from the next release so you've got time should you need to upgrade. The plugin will have the Java 7 requirement in its manifest so it will refuse to upgrade on systems with older Java versions, but the current release will cease to work shortly after the next release, so you've got two choices:

1) Upgrade to Java 7 then upgrade to the new version of this plugin

OR

2) Uninstall the sdepg plugin and go back to the SageTV EPG servers

Again, you've got probably about two weeks minimum to decide. There is a chance I abandon the Java 7 only code I've put in there, but seems unlikely. Anyway, once I know for sure which way I'm going, I'll post that info here (probably within the next week). Those needing to know my decision before deciding on whether or not to upgrade to Java 7 may want to nudge me with a reminder in this thread if I haven't said anything by this time next weekend.
Definitely will require Java 7 for the next release of this plugin.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:53 AM
Sage User

I noticed that I only have schedule data until Feb. 23 around 6:30 PM. do you know if there is an issue SD data, or is this possibly related to inpending upgrade? I recently installed BMT plugin and played around with the Plex scanner, could either of those be an issue? When I look at Sage Web Apps, the schedules direct info indicates (Last server EPG update: Mon Feb 10 20:26:55 EST 2014). I have done several "forced updates".

Any help would be appreciated, I definitely don't want to return to SAGE epg!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iumgrad View Post
I noticed that I only have schedule data until Feb. 23 around 6:30 PM. do you know if there is an issue SD data, or is this possibly related to inpending upgrade? I recently installed BMT plugin and played around with the Plex scanner, could either of those be an issue? When I look at Sage Web Apps, the schedules direct info indicates (Last server EPG update: Mon Feb 10 20:26:55 EST 2014). I have done several "forced updates".

Any help would be appreciated, I definitely don't want to return to SAGE epg!
If you have the webui installed, go to it, then go to the Schedules Direct menu >> Status/Messages

On that page, you should see a line like this:

Last server EPG update: Mon Feb 10 20:26:55 EST 2014

That's what I'm seeing as of 30 seconds ago. So that means the SD server last updated on Feb 10 so having data until Feb 23 sounds about right. There is no status message from SD saying that daily updates have been suspended so your next course of action would be to open an issue ticket at SD to see why the data hasn't been updated since Feb 10. You don't need to open a ticket this time, I've already alerted SD. But in the future, check the status page on webui, if it says data hasn't been updated on the SD side in more than a few days (really, it should be done once per day, except on Sundays unless there's a status message saying otherwise) then head over to SD and open a ticket.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:28 AM
Sage User

Thank-you! I will keep all of that in mind for future :-). Thanks for the great plugin!!!
Old 02-26-2014, 08:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

json.org update?

I noticed in my installed plugins menu there is a notification that an update is available for json.org. Should I update? There was no notification form the sage plugin server, possibly due to the recent server maintenance?
Old 02-26-2014, 08:15 AM
SageTVaholic

You don't need to. I updated that because the next release of sdepg will require that version. The current version is fine as is, though updating it on your own should be fine. I'd recommend not updating it until sdepg decides to do it for you (i.e. if it ain't broke...).
Old 02-27-2014, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

sdepg users: do NOT upgrade json.org plugin

If you've been tempted to update the json.org plugin to the latest and greatest version in the repository, don't.

That update is for the next release of this plugin and I've just discovered some side effects of using that new jar with the current release of sdepg.

If you upgrade that jar, sdepg will stop loading your data. It will download it from the server fine, but will bail out trying to load it throwing a JSONException error.

If you've already updated it then you may notice that your EPG is slowly running out of data. Confirm the issue by checking your sdepg.log file and if you see all sorts of JSONException erorrs in there then this is the problem.

The fix? I was going to do a point release of sdepg, but I haven't done a release since migrating back to SourceForge so the overhead required to do it is a burden -- more than I want to deal with right now. Instead, I have the updated jar you need to fix you up. Just PM with your email address, an example of the exception you're seeing in your log file, and if it's this issue you're hitting then I'll send the replacement jar to you.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:37 AM
Sage User

Date exception when loading EPG data?

I'm getting the below error in the log when downloading EPG data. It also shows up in the 'status' menu item. Anyone know what's causing this?
Code:
HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /sage/sdjson/index.gsp. Reason:

java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "Z"

Caused by:

org.schedulesdirect.api.exception.InvalidResponseException: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "Z"
	at org.schedulesdirect.api.UserStatus.<init>(UserStatus.java:96)
	at org.schedulesdirect.api.NetworkEpgClient.initStatusObjects(NetworkEpgClient.java:197)
	at org.schedulesdirect.api.NetworkEpgClient.getUserStatus(NetworkEpgClient.java:210)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:90)
	at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:233)
	at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl$GetBeanMethodMetaProperty.getProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:3481)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.GetEffectivePojoPropertySite.getProperty(GetEffectivePojoPropertySite.java:61)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callGetProperty(AbstractCallSite.java:227)
	at SimpleTemplateScript2.run(SimpleTemplateScript2.groovy:19)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.groovy.templates.IncludeTemplateEngine$SimpleTemplate$1.writeTo(IncludeTemplateEngine.java:120)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.groovy.servlets.SageTemplateServlet.service(SageTemplateServlet.java:99)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.include(Dispatcher.java:192)
	at javax.servlet.RequestDispatcher$include.call(Unknown Source)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:45)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:108)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:120)
	at SimpleTemplateScript1.run(SimpleTemplateScript1.groovy:175)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.groovy.templates.IncludeTemplateEngine$SimpleTemplate$1.writeTo(IncludeTemplateEngine.java:120)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.groovy.servlets.SageTemplateServlet.service(SageTemplateServlet.java:99)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
Caused by: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "Z"
	at java.text.DateFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.schedulesdirect.api.UserStatus.<init>(UserStatus.java:87)
	... 49 more

Caused by:

at java.text.DateFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.schedulesdirect.api.UserStatus.<init>(UserStatus.java:87)
	at org.schedulesdirect.api.NetworkEpgClient.initStatusObjects(NetworkEpgClient.java:197)
	at org.schedulesdirect.api.NetworkEpgClient.getUserStatus(NetworkEpgClient.java:210)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:90)
	at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:233)
	at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl$GetBeanMethodMetaProperty.getProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:3481)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.GetEffectivePojoPropertySite.getProperty(GetEffectivePojoPropertySite.java:61)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callGetProperty(AbstractCallSite.java:227)
	at SimpleTemplateScript2.run(SimpleTemplateScript2.groovy:19)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.include(Dispatcher.java:192)
	at javax.servlet.RequestDispatcher$include.call(Unknown Source)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:45)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:108)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:120)
	at SimpleTemplateScript1.run(SimpleTemplateScript1.groovy:175)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
-Thanks
Old 04-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevernickname View Post
I'm getting the below error in the log when downloading EPG data. It also shows up in the 'status' menu item. Anyone know what's causing this?

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /sage/sdjson/index.gsp. Reason:

Whoops, i see what happened. My lineup was removed by schedules direct and replaced with a new one with a different ID. The plugin crashes with the above error code if you try to download a lineup from SD that no longer exists.

Replaced it with the right one in the configuration screen, and it works fine now.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Existing user upgrade instructions

Looks like the next release will hit the Sage plugin repository at some point this weekend.

If you are upgrading from a 0.0.5.x version of this plugin to the new 0.0.6.1 release then you must follow the upgrade instructions outlined in this wiki page. If you just upgrade the plugin when the Sage repository alerts you and don't do anything else as outlined in that wiki page, you will slowly lose your EPG data. This is due to non-backwards compatible data changes in the new Schedules Direct API release.

First time installers can ignore this and just follow the user guide for installation.

Also, a reminder that, as previously mentioned, this new release of the plugin will require Java 7. The plugin will not offer an installation/upgrade option unless you're running Java 7.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

0.0.6.1 released

The latest version of the EPG plugin is now in the Sage plugin repo.

Please refer to the user guide for installation instructions or if you are upgrading then you must perform the upgrade steps as outlined here.

This version upgrades the plugin to use the latest version of the Schedules Direct API (v20131021). This initial plugin update just basically maintains the status quo, but moves us to the new servers for service. Over the coming weeks (maybe months, after all summer is coming), I will start to incorporate various new features available in this new Schedules Direct API. Some of those things include:

* Fanart
* Additional metadata
* Many optimizations of the code based on the various new metadata available in this SD release
* Other things I can't remember right now

The biggest one is #3, which won't be very exciting to most users, but right off the bat, I've got my average EPG download from SD and loaded into wiz.bin down to 40 seconds from 55-70. And there are more chances to squeeze a little more performance still.

Anyway, the first step was getting a version of this plugin that could talk to the new API release at SD. Now that that's done, I can start looking at what new features are available and how best to incorporate them into Sage. Fanart seems to be the biggest new thing that people may notice/appreciate. Not really sure how I can automatically get that loaded into Sage, but that's just one of the things I'll be pondering over the next little while.

This version (and all future ones) will require Java 7+.

The old SD servers serving the previous version of the API is still up, but will be taken offline at any time, without notice. You might have a week or two or longer to upgrade or you might have 6 hours, I don't know. It's up to the SD team to decide when the old API will be taken down.

Go ahead and upgrade and report any issues.

Last edited by Slugger; 04-26-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

When I try to register a lineup thru the eb page I get the following error message "USA-NY55858-X: FAILED [Lineup(REGISTER): A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at character 1 of The page you are looking for could not be found. Check the address bar to ensure your URL is spelled correctly. If all else fails, you can visit our home page at the link below."

Last edited by gdippel; 04-26-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdippel View Post
When I try to register a lineup thru the eb page I get the following error message "USA-NY55858-X: FAILED [Lineup(REGISTER): A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at character 1 of "
Go to the plugin settings, change the "Capture sdjson Data" setting to "ALL". Reproduce the issue. Zip up the contents of SageTV\plugins\sdepg\capture\ and ship it to me, please.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Here's the file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip capture.zip (5.8 KB, 110 views)
Old 04-26-2014, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

This is a bug on my end; fixed in 0.0.6.2.

Last edited by Slugger; 04-26-2014 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Update cause of issue