SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
SD treats all zip codes in the same area as the same lineup, as does the Sage EPG, I believe. To my knowledge there is no solution other than to use a basic cable lineup as your second lineup. But for OTA, why not just copy the lineup for the second input? It's not like OTA lineups are going to change all that often, if at all. Assign a copy of the OTA lineup to the second input then enable/disable channels on that copy as needed.
Actually Sage EPG doesn't for OTA broadcasts. I have one of my servers setup with 6 different zipcodes 50310 thru 50315 (all Des Moines, IA) one for each tuner in the server on OTA. I did it this way to get separate lineups for each tuner to see what the differences are between that and just copying the existing lineup to each tuner like my other 3 servers. Sage DOES do that for my Cable/Sat lineups
Old 02-14-2013, 04:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Actually Sage EPG doesn't for OTA broadcasts. I have one of my servers setup with 6 different zipcodes 50310 thru 50315 (all Des Moines, IA) one for each tuner in the server on OTA. I did it this way to get separate lineups for each tuner to see what the differences are between that and just copying the existing lineup to each tuner like my other 3 servers. Sage DOES do that for my Cable/Sat lineups
That's unfortunate b/c OTA lineups really don't need to be separate, where as cable lineups would be more useful if they could be duplicated on the EPG server. Why? As I said, OTA lineups change so infrequently, if ever, that a copy of one OTA lineup in Sage should not cause a problem where as cable/sat lineups change so frequently, relatively speaking, that copying them within Sage for different inputs usually isn't the best idea.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 02-14-2013, 04:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Quote:
That's unfortunate b/c OTA lineups really don't need to be separate, where as cable lineups would be more useful if they could be duplicated on the EPG server. Why? As I said, OTA lineups change so infrequently, if ever, that a copy of one OTA lineup in Sage should not cause a problem where as cable/sat lineups change so frequently, relatively speaking, that copying them within Sage for different inputs usually isn't the best idea.
Although thinking about it some more, I could make this plugin present the same SD lineup multiple times such that one could assign distinct "server" side copies of the same lineup multiple times to different devices. I suppose if there were a lot of interest for such a feature I'd consider doing it. Certainly not on my radar as I personally don't need the feature.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I totally agree. That is one reason I had to go to 50014 (Ames IA) for a cable lineup. It was far enough away that Sage had a different lineup for it. I knew the lineups were similar since I had just moved from the 50014 zipcode to the 50313 zipcode.

Quote:
Although thinking about it some more, I could make this plugin present the same SD lineup multiple times such that one could assign distinct "server" side copies of the same lineup multiple times to different devices. I suppose if there were a lot of interest for such a feature I'd consider doing it. Certainly not on my radar as I personally don't need the feature.
Since you can copy a lineup I really don't see a need for it personally. I just tried it to see if there were any differences. There might be when the SageEPG servers are having problems since I can still see programming for all channels all days when only a single lineup is listed as dropped from the EPG servers. But that may cause problems too - if this is true: tuners that should be able to record something are skipped because their lineup no longer has data available.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Since you can copy a lineup I really don't see a need for it personally. I just tried it to see if there were any differences. There might be when the SageEPG servers are having problems since I can still see programming for all channels all days when only a single lineup is listed as dropped from the EPG servers. But that may cause problems too - if this is true: tuners that should be able to record something are skipped because their lineup no longer has data available.
There's no problem copying a lineup within Sage until that lineup changes (i.e. a channel is added/deleted/moved/etc.). The original lineup picks up the change; the copy of the lineup does not. The only way the copy of the lineup sees the changes is if you delete whatever is using the copy and create a new copy and reassign it to the appropriate inputs.

That's why it's not a huge deal for OTA. OTA lineups change so infrequently (i.e. almost never) whereas cable/sat lineups are changing all the time.

If I made the plugin present multiple copies of a lineup then you'd be able to assign distinct lineups to each input and as the lineups change upstream, you automatically get the changes in all "copies" of the lineup you've assigned. But, again, don't hold your breath as it wouldn't be trivial to introduce this ability and since I don't need it, it's definitely not on my radar.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
If I made the plugin present multiple copies of a lineup then you'd be able to assign distinct lineups to each input and as the lineups change upstream, you automatically get the changes in all "copies" of the lineup you've assigned. But, again, don't hold your breath as it wouldn't be trivial to introduce this ability and since I don't need it, it's definitely not on my radar.
Since SageTV would still have to process both lineups, the only advantage I could see for this change would be to reduce the load on the SD server (i.e. only needing to download the data for one lineup instead of two virtually identical lineups, as I currently do). Whether the SageTV load on the SD server is or will become a sufficient issue to justify the work involved is something that only you and SD can determine.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Another possibility would be for the SD interface to allow creation of alias IDs for headend IDs (and with slightly different names), in a way that would fool the sdepg plugin into thinking they are different, when they really have the same data. Of course this would be up to rkulagow to help us with.

On the strictly sdepg plugin side of things, I have been spoiled by the ability of the mc2xml plugin to export and import lineups. It sure would be handy to be able to save my enabled & disabled sdepg channel lists in the same way...
Old 02-15-2013, 05:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinG View Post
On the strictly sdepg plugin side of things, I have been spoiled by the ability of the mc2xml plugin to export and import lineups. It sure would be handy to be able to save my enabled & disabled sdepg channel lists in the same way...
I don't even remember implementing this in the mc2xml plugin. What exactly am I exporting? What's the file format?
Old 02-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I don't even remember implementing this in the mc2xml plugin. What exactly am I exporting? What's the file format?
Oh, so sorry, I lied - you don't get the credit for that.
It's the import/export channel lineup plugin by 2dOptics!!

Hooray, that means I can still use it and you don't have to do anything.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Where do you select the number of days of schedule to download?
Old 03-06-2013, 08:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
Where do you select the number of days of schedule to download?
There is no option. The JSON service itself doesn't provide such an option, therefore the plugin does not either. Each pull from the SD service pulls as many days that are available (usually 12-14).
Old 03-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK. I have no data past this Sunday. I've been watching it for several days and it hasn't changed. Starting on Monday... No data.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, work is being done on the SD side. Last I spoke with SD, I was told new data would be available before the 9th (when the current data runs out).
Old 03-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Glad to hear that. I thought I had hosed it somehow!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
OK. I have no data past this Sunday. I've been watching it for several days and it hasn't changed. Starting on Monday... No data.
I can confirm, there appears to be a problem with the Schedules Direct JSON service. I just checked and also don't have any data past Sunday. I then checked the SDEPG log files. The SDEPG plugin ran within the last 24 hours and there were no errors listed. I then forced a manual download in the plugin. It ran without an apparent errors but the downloaded file from Schedules Direct only had listings through Sunday (3/10). Of note, the listings in the downloaded file started from 2/25 (11 days ago), which seems too far back to be of any use or correct.

Edit: Please ignore this message. I just saw Slugger's message with the update on the Schedules Direct service that he apparently sent while I was composing this one.

Last edited by JerryB; 03-07-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Saw message with status update from Schedules Direct.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Plugin FAQ updated with explanation on how to investigate lack of data issues.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Sage Expert

No Epg Data

I have no epg data. I thought the update to the plugin might have been the cause so I restored the drive with a backup and still no guide data. Can you look at the logs and tell me what is wrong. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip sdepg.zip (301.1 KB, 255 views)
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
I have no epg data. I thought the update to the plugin might have been the cause so I restored the drive with a backup and still no guide data. Can you look at the logs and tell me what is wrong. Thanks
What type of lineup do you use (sat, cable, OTA)?

If it's anything other than satellite then email me your sdjson.epg file, please. If it is satellite then I think I know the problem.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Sage Expert

It's cable lineup. I have the file zipped but don't have your email address and it's too big to upload as an attachment.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:36 PM
SageTVaholic

PM'd you my email. Please send me your current sdjson.epg file then after you do, delete it (or rename it) and then force another EPG update. Does that fix the issue?