SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Slugger, that worked. Now I just have to determine which headend to register, there are 4 with rather cryptic suffixes, e.g. X, L, R & Default. Hopefully SD will answer soon.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Robert may answer here or he will answer your ticket at SD, but from what I remember:

Default = Basic/analog cable lineup (i.e. ch 2-63 or whatever)
X = Digital lineup (usually STB required)

Any other letter is test/temp lineups so my guess is L or R will become X on June 3 or whenever they switch it over. So I think you want to just use X right now and then X should be updated when the move happens.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 06-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Robert may answer here or he will answer your ticket at SD, but from what I remember:

Default = Basic/analog cable lineup (i.e. ch 2-63 or whatever)
X = Digital lineup (usually STB required)

Any other letter is test/temp lineups so my guess is L or R will become X on June 3 or whenever they switch it over. So I think you want to just use X right now and then X should be updated when the move happens.
Robert replied. L is the new lineup (Digital rebuild.) I need to register the new headend. I registered the new headend and removed the old one via the web ui. I now plan to remove the video sources and re-install them with the new lineup. Does this sound right?

Last edited by gdippel; 06-02-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Per Robert, I registered the "L" headend, unregistered old headend, removed video sources, deleted old epg file. When I reinstalled video sources with new lineups, the epg data is the same, not reflecting the change in the lineup as of 6/3. There are too many moving parts here. I don't know if there's a problem on SD's end, with the plugin or did I miissed some steps in changing the headend?
Old 06-02-2014, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Unzip the .epg file and browse the contents. The answers are all in there.

lineups.txt: This contains the details on which lineups are inside this .epg file, make sure your new lineup id is listed as expected.

maps/<id>.txt: Assuming the right id is inside lineups.txt, take a look at the file for your lineup inside maps. Specifically, search for "map". This will contain the channel mapping as received for the lineup. If it's the same here as was loaded in Sage then sdepg is doing what it should, talk to Schedules Direct/Tribune about why the lineup isn't correct on their end. If the map in there isn't what's being loaded into Sage then that falls into my department.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Al is ok now. I guess I didn't wait long enough for the new lineup to populate.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Last call for fixes/issues for 0.0.6

I just committed the last fixes I plan on releasing before shutting it down for the summer. I plan to bundle it up and release it Sunday morning. After that, only critical EPG down type issues will be addressed until the fall. If you have anything needing attention speak up now.

@osx-addict I haven't heard from you in a few days, is that a good thing? Either way, please get back to me before tomorrow night if you still need assistance on this release.

Between work/summer time stuff, etc. June is pretty much a write off for me after this weekend. July is even worse (or better from my perspective). A rare year where I get to use most of my vacation days in the summer months instead of Dec/Jan/Feb and I'm planning on taking full advantage!
Old 06-05-2014, 10:19 AM
SageTVaholic

0.0.6.8 released

The final release of the summer is now available. This release addresses some bugs found by users over the last week or two. This is the recommended version for all users.

Barring major bugs, this will be the last release of this plugin until the fall. I'm around so feel free to post questions, etc., but only major issues will be patched before the fall.

Enjoy!
Old 06-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Sage Expert

no program guide

I installed the latest sagex update and rebooted my system and now I have no program guide data. I looked at the log file and it says I have no license file so can only use one listing but I am only using one. I checked and the headend is registered. Any ideas? I am including the log files.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sd4j-api.txt (187.0 KB, 110 views)
File Type: txt sdepg.txt (365.7 KB, 104 views)
File Type: txt sdjson-api.txt (6.9 KB, 112 views)
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Based on the logs provided, there seems to be an issue pulling all your schedule data, which is causing the pull to return an error code and is why the cache file isn't being processed. I will need a full debug trace of the pull to get more details. Please follow these directions.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:08 PM
Sage Expert

I had imaged my drive 1 week ago so I restored the image and updated sagex and schedules direct plugins and it's working fine. Something must not have installed properly when I did the sagex or schedulesdirect update.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:26 PM
Sage User

1/2 of EPG

I have installed the Schedules Direct plugin as per the instructions. The line up appears when I configure my video card, but then the listings do not ever get entered, leaving "NO DATA" on all entries. I assumed that if the lineup was there, I had properly entered it using their java tool and the programs would get listed. Anyone know why that doesn't finish the job?
Old 07-18-2014, 01:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Need the log files plus the details on your setup (cable, satellite, OTA, etc?). How many inputs? Same lineup for all inputs? Different lineups per input? All channels have no data? Some have data, some don't?

Logs are in SageTV\plugins\sdepg\logs\
Old 07-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Sage User

Missing listings

I have only one line up installed, which is USA-OTA-20016_Antenna and only one tuner card. All of the correct local channels appear in the listings but there are no (zero) shows listed for today or any other day for any channel. I have attached the two log files as you requested.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sdepg.txt (40.4 KB, 96 views)
File Type: txt sdjson-api.txt (243.2 KB, 93 views)
Old 07-18-2014, 04:04 PM
SageTVaholic

OTA seems to be the most troublesome. Start by deleting the existing sdjson.epg file and forcing an epg refresh. If that doesn't work then I'm pretty sure it's a mapping problem with your channels.

If the epg refresh above doesn't fix things then, assuming you have the sage web ui installed, copy the attached script to SageTV\webserver\groovy\ and rename it to debug.gsp. Load http://<srv>/sage/debug.gsp and attach the raw html response (as an attachment) for me to look at (don't just copy/paste because the formatting gets lost and it's too hard to read).

If you don't have the web ui installed then it's going to take a whole lot more effort to get me the info I'm looking for and since I just logged off of work and am starting another week of vacation, you're best bet to get help from me in a relatively timely manner is to get me the output of the attached script.
Attached Files
File Type: txt debug.gsp.txt (1.2 KB, 88 views)
Old 07-19-2014, 07:37 AM
Sage User

I will have to reinstall the Schedules Direct plug in as i tried using your XML plugin which got me only todays lisings and some from the next day.

Is it true that Sage finally dropped their program feed as this is what started me on this quest. I just stopped getting listings using their native source.

Also, I confess that i do not know what the web UI is. Can you tell me how i can install it. I had to run their java code directly to add the "broadcast" lineup to the JSON feed.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidel View Post
I will have to reinstall the Schedules Direct plug in as i tried using your XML plugin which got me only todays lisings and some from the next day.

Is it true that Sage finally dropped their program feed as this is what started me on this quest. I just stopped getting listings using their native source.

Also, I confess that i do not know what the web UI is. Can you tell me how i can install it. I had to run their java code directly to add the "broadcast" lineup to the JSON feed.
Sagetv has never dropped their EPG feed nor have we heard that they will any time soon.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:13 AM
Sage User

Sage EPG

That is good to know but when I set up to receive their EPG, adter working fine for years it says it cannot connect. Any idea what could have changed?
Old 07-19-2014, 09:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That is good to know but when I set up to receive their EPG, adter working fine for years it says it cannot connect. Any idea what could have changed?
Keep trying. I've had to repeat the connect many many times before it connects. Recently I setup a tuner again in one of my servers and it took 15+ minutes to get the EPG lineup and then an hour and a half to get the channels for that lineup.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Have you tried today they were moving around Servers in the past few weeks. I redid my line up and took less the 1 minute to download.