SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Somewhere in the standard stv you can go to Settings and turn on debug logging, the details are fuzzy, but it's definitely in there somewhere. After you enable it, you'll need to stop Sage and restart it to get that debug logging from the plugin init phase, which I think is what's failing.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 09-18-2014, 05:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Slugger,
Here is my log. I am not really sure what I am looking for in this log. Right now, the only guide data I have on channels 704-718 is "No Data". I do not see any other issues with the guide data.
Gary
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (286.5 KB, 144 views)
Old 09-18-2014, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

You don't need to stop Sage or anything, but look in your Sage.properties file and see if this line exists:

epg/epg_import_plugin=sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect

Just search for the epg/epg_import_plugin= part and see if the value is set as shown. If it is, then Sage is using the plugin for epg data. There are no signs of errors in the sage debug log, so force another epg update and see what happens. Something has to be logged to sdepg.log. If not, in the same dir as that log file should be one called sdjson-api.log. Anything in that? If that property is set and forcing the epg refersh still doesn't do anything then paste the updated sage debug log after you've tried to force the epg update -- it might have more info.

Though it sounds stereotypical being in Canada, tonight is the start of my hockey season so heading out for the season opener here shortly. Depending on what you find out, I might be able ot reply when I get home if it's something obvious, otherwise we'll have to pick this up tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

The line in question is in my sage.properties file.

epg/epg_import_plugin=sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.EPGImportPluginSchedules
Direct

I am at least now seeing data in the log file. I also just noticed that I no longer have the HD channels for the Sunday Ticket in my lineup, 704-718. The channels showing up are the SD channels and they are the ones showing "No Data". Not sure where the HD channels went.

Get with me when you have a chance. Thanks for the help.
Gary
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (712.3 KB, 111 views)
File Type: txt sdepg.log.txt (3.9 KB, 112 views)
File Type: txt sdjson-api.log.txt (13.6 KB, 111 views)
Old 09-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

One other thing, it doesn't look like I am getting any logging to the sdepg.log unless I have logging turned on inside Sage. Could this be something with the sdjson-api.jar that I replaced earlier today?
Old 09-18-2014, 09:07 PM
SageTVaholic

These logs look normal. So let's recap... what exactly is wrong/missing? My understanding is you have no EPG data right now? Is this correct or is it just some channels have no data? We need to reset here because all the logs you're showing me look normal and suggest everything should be working fine.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

All guide data is normal except for the Sunday Ticket data on channels 704-718. If I go to Sunday at 12:00 PM noon and look at the Guide Data for those channels I show "No Data". Also, ever since I replaced the sdjson-api.jar file that you gave me yesterday I have lost my HD channels for 704-718 and now all I see is the SD channels, channels with the "No Data". When I try and add the HD channels back they are no longer in my Channel Lineup for me to see. One other thing, the log file sdepg.log doesn't seem to have any logging in it unless I have Sage set to Debugging. A few minutes ago I initiated a Guide Download and just now I looked and that log file is empty. I turned off the Sage debug last night after I captured the logs for you.
Gary
Old 09-19-2014, 06:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Well, we're going to need the sage debug logging back on. Then I need you to force an epg update with it on and then send me that log file.

Also, you have the web ui plugin installed, right? If so, place the attached file in SageTV\webserver\groovy\ and rename it to debug.gsp then in your browser go to the web ui:

Code:
http://<server>/sage/debug.gsp
Save the web page as html and attach that. Don't just copy paste the text because the formatting gets horribly messed up and it's impossible to read.

The new jar has nothing to do with the lineups as configured in sage so that shouldn't be affecting anything, I don't think. Let's see what this debug output gets us.
Attached Files
File Type: txt debug.gsp.txt (1.2 KB, 112 views)
Old 09-19-2014, 07:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Here you go.
Gary
Attached Files
File Type: txt Debug Report.htm.txt (40.7 KB, 360 views)
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (728.4 KB, 111 views)
File Type: txt sdepg.log.txt (11.6 KB, 105 views)
Old 09-19-2014, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Ok, so here's what we know:

The plugin is installed, registered and operating properly. You can turn off sage debug logging if you like.

The plugin is triggering epg updates as needed. The sdepg.log file shows output for the run you did at 8:25ish this morning.

What seems to be happening here is that in DirecTV's infinite wisdom, they seem to have renamed the Sunday Ticket channels, from the debug web page:

NFL707 (17681/[707])
NFL708 (17682/[708])

Didn't they used to be called like HDNFLx where x was 1-14 or however many ST channels are on DirecTV? This is why the game data won't be showing up -- Robert has been overlaying the game data on top of those HDNFLx channels.

To confirm it's not a processing issue on my end, open up the map file for DirecTV from the epg file and search for HDNFL1 (or any of them). If they aren't showing up in the DirecTV map then they aren't going to be imported by sdepg and you won't get game data because Robert has been overlaying data on top of HDNFLx. If they are missing from the map then either DirecTV has removed them or there's an issue at the SD servers.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:03 AM
SageTVaholic

A quick look at zap2it's web site and the HDNFLx channels are gone from DirecTV on there, so I'm thinking DirecTV removed those channels from it's lineup, leaving just the NFLnnn ones. If that's the case, Robert may have to start overlaying the game data on these other channels, too. Not sure, but as far as I can tell all things sdepg are working as expected.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, earlier this week all my channels were in the format HDNFLx. Now I do not see any channels in that format. I do see those channels if I look directly on a DirecTV HD receiver. Maybe something has changed on the SD end. I will wait and see what rkulagow says. Thanks for looking at everything and I appreciate what you do for the community.
Gary
Old 09-19-2014, 09:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, the issue is because of the new lineup channel names. It's a fairly easy fix. The issue is that now that there's just a single channel number it's going to be difficult to differentiate between SD and HD, so for now I will populate the new stationIDs with the HD data; the user/grabber will need to strip that metadata if they're SD only.

I'll post a message when the schedule has been updated.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just did a manual download of the Guide Data and now have All of my DirecTV guide data populate with the exception of Channels 710 and 712. At least both of those channels are showing up with the title "NFL Football" and show to be Live and not from 2008. I just hope the games on DirecTV are in HD. I have also noticed that my Channel 11-1 for 12:00 PM CST does not have teams in it. This is in my "USA-OTA-76180" lineup. Being this is two completely different lineups I am not sure if its related or not. At least most of the teams made it in for this week. I thank both of you for your assistance.
Gary
Old 09-20-2014, 07:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Your OTA channel is unrelated to the Sunday Ticket effort. I've got one CBS channel on my satellite (KIRO Seattle) that never has the game data in it. That's on KIRO for not sending the info up to Tribune. Nothing you can do unless you're going to go scrape the affiliates' web sites for that info. In Canada, it's not necessary because all Sunday Ticket games are available on the ST channels, but I think in the US, games on local affiliates are blacked out on ST? And I assume that's why you're needing that data? But, again, there's nothing to be done other than opening a ticket at SD asking them to ask Tribune to ask the local affiliate in question to send the game data.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:42 AM
SageTVaholic

For what it's worth my regular sage guide now has all the sunday ticket data. It notified me that I had new channels on my lineup and there they were. Odd that that suddenly happened.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Hmm... so they did. Seems Tribune is providing the game data for the DirecTV channels, at least for today. Wonder if that'll continue.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sunday Ticket Guide Data in Stream

rkulagow, what is the normal day that the guide data is updated with the name of the teams? I tend to record my favorite match ups for the week and like to set that up earlier than later. I have been doing a manual download 2 or 3 times a day hoping to find the updated data. I believe that everything is still working on my end and am assuming that the data is just not there yet. Would it be possible to get this data in the stream on Monday or Tuesday prior to the Sunday games?
Old 09-28-2014, 01:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just an Update

As panteragstk mentioned earlier, the Sunday Ticket guide data is now in the default SageTV guide. The main reason I tried this plugin, other than the fact that I was unsure how long the default guide data was going to last, was to get the game data for my Sunday Ticket channels. That being said, I have moved back to the default SageTV guide data. Slugger, I appreciate everything that you do for the community. The work you have done on this plugin, and many other plugins just like this, has enhanced my SageTV experience. I just found the inconsistencies of the Schedules Direct guide data more than I wanted to take on at this time.
Gary
Old 10-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

]I have a love/hate relationship with the SDEPG plugin. Actually it's mostly love... but every 3-6 months or so after having provided flawless service, it simply stops providing new program information. Usually I delete the sdjson.epg file, force an update by temporarily adding a new channel to my video source setup and away it goes. But not this time. And the log show a couple errors. Can someone translate this and tell me what the issue is?

sdepg.log.txt