SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-17-2015, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

The sagetv debug log is where to look when plugins fail to install/load. When files are missing it's either the source zip files are bad when downloaded (unlikely since others would be hitting the same issue and no one else is reporting it) or something is messing with your Sage installation.

The sage debug log will confirm, but my guess is there are missing jar files on your classpath and that's why the plugin fails to load. Other dependencies are likely missing -- I've seen users hit this is the past (not just this plugin, but others as well) where the Sage plugin manager becomes corrupt and jars start to go missing. Do your due diligence, though, because I'm only guessing. You need to start with finding out (from the sage debug log) why the plugin is failing to load.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 05-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well ... it makes no sense. I've been trying to get the SD plugin to install successfully for weeks now. When I tried to get debug logging working (successfully for the Server, unsuccessfully for the Client after it rebooted), I decided to keep the Client active after setting debug logging "On" for both instead of the suggested resetting after turning on debugging.

The SD plugin successfully installed this time for the first time since I started seeing the failures.

The SD plugin seems to be running fine now, after resetting and restarting SageTV Server & Client.

Oh, well. I guess I don't need to understand the source of the problem or why it worked this way, if it is working now.

SageTV: v9.x (on Win7x64)
CPU: Core i7-3770 @ 3.40+ GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600
GPU: nVidia GTX-770
RCVR: HD-Homerun
STB: STX-HD100, HD-300
Old 07-09-2015, 01:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Slugger. I noted a few days back that my lineup was not being updated. A manual attempt failed with errors and shortly afterward I received the below email from Schedules Direct. I see no Sage notification about an updated EPG plugin... is there something I need to do manually to get back up and running?

Cheers,
RLW

Code:
Hello - the API that you are using (API 2014-05-30) is now end-of-life
effective 2015-07-01, and no further schedule updates will be
performed.

From the server logs, your grabber is still making requests to the old
API. Because the old API had a max of 13 days of data, sometime in the
next few days you will have no schedule data remaining.

The developers of your applications were notified that the API would
be going end of life on 2015-04-17, and by now should have updated
their software to use the new servers.

Please see

http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2676

for the end-of-life notification, and please contact your developer if
you need instructions on how to switch your grabber / update your
software to use the new API.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.0.8.1 of the plugin was released back in April and uses the latest version of the SD API. That's the version you should be on. If Sage claims you have that version installed then it may not have installed properly (or the old version may not have uninstalled properly). Check to see how many *sdepg*.jar files you have in your Sage/JARs/ folder.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Slugger, as always. Uninstalled, reinstalled and all is well again.

Cheers,
RLW
Old 07-12-2015, 07:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
Thanks Slugger, as always. Uninstalled, reinstalled and all is well again.

Cheers,
RLW
I just installed this on my test system and I get this error.

Code:
2015-07-12 06:19:15,448 INFO  [AiringGenerator]: Processed airing generators in 3ms
2015-07-12 06:19:15,454 INFO  [SeriesInfoLoader]: Generated series info entries for 0 objects in 1ms!
2015-07-12 06:21:57,183 INFO  [ProgramGenerator]: Processed show generators in 0ms
2015-07-12 06:21:57,184 WARN  [EpgDownloader]: Skipped local cache backup; it doesn't exist! [plugins\sdepg\sdjson.epg]
2015-07-12 06:21:57,194 INFO  [EpgDownloader]: Requesting 39 channels
2015-07-12 06:21:57,194 INFO  [EpgDownloader]: JVM options: [-Xmx512m, -Dsdjson.fs.capture="C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sdepg\capture\grabber"]
2015-07-12 06:21:57,194 INFO  [EpgDownloader]: [C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sdepg\tools\grabber\bin\sdjson-grabber.bat, --username, NYPLAYER, --password, *****, --user-agent, sagetv-sdepg/0.0.8.1 (Windows 8 x86 6.2), --max-threads, 200, --url, https://json.schedulesdirect.org, --grabber-log-level, INFO, grab, --target, C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sdepg\sdjson.epg, --max-prog-chunk, 5000, --max-sched-chunk, 250, --stations, C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sdepg\stations.txt, --purge-cache]
2015-07-12 06:21:58,715 ERROR [EpgDownloader]: sdjson download failed! [rc=1]
2015-07-12 06:21:58,715 ERROR [EpgDownloader]: stdout:
INFO - MemStats:
	FREE: 8 MB
	USED: 15 MB
	 MAX: 494 MB

2015-07-12 06:21:58,715 ERROR [EpgDownloader]: stderr:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index 16: file:/C:/Program Files (x86)/SageTV/SageTV/plugins/sdepg/sdjson.epg
	at com.sun.nio.zipfs.ZipFileSystemProvider.uriToPath(ZipFileSystemProvider.java:87)
	at com.sun.nio.zipfs.ZipFileSystemProvider.newFileSystem(ZipFileSystemProvider.java:107)
	at java.nio.file.FileSystems.newFileSystem(Unknown Source)
	at java.nio.file.FileSystems.newFileSystem(Unknown Source)
	at org.schedulesdirect.grabber.Grabber.updateZip(Grabber.java:486)
	at org.schedulesdirect.grabber.Grabber.execute(Grabber.java:827)
	at org.schedulesdirect.grabber.Grabber.main(Grabber.java:972)
Caused by: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at index 16: file:/C:/Program Files (x86)/SageTV/SageTV/plugins/sdepg/sdjson.epg
	at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URI$Parser.parseHierarchical(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URI.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.nio.zipfs.ZipFileSystemProvider.uriToPath(ZipFileSystemProvider.java:85)
	... 6 more

2015-07-12 06:21:58,715 ERROR [EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect]: Download of EPG data failed!
java.io.IOException:  download failed! [rc=1]
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor.invoke(CachedConstructor.java:77)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor.doConstructorInvoke(CachedConstructor.java:71)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.ConstructorSite$ConstructorSiteNoUnwrap.callConstructor(ConstructorSite.java:81)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:190)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.io.EpgDownloader.download(EpgDownloader.groovy:138)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.io.EpgDownloader$download.call(Unknown Source)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.doUpdate(EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.groovy:349)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.updateGuide(EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.groovy:210)
	at sage.ae.y(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a2.e(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a9.dK(Unknown Source)
	at sage.ae.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2015-07-12 06:21:58,716 INFO  [AiringGenerator]: Processed airing generators in 0ms
2015-07-12 06:21:58,716 INFO  [SeriesInfoLoader]: Generated series info entries for 0 objects in 0ms!
Old 07-12-2015, 07:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Your test system is using a very old version of Java 7 (like something around 1.7.0_3 or below, I believe), which contains a bug in the zipfs implementation. I don't remember when it was fixed, but I know upgrading to the version of Java 7 mentioned in my signature will fix the problem.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Your test system is using a very old version of Java 7 (like something around 1.7.0_3 or below, I believe), which contains a bug in the zipfs implementation. I don't remember when it was fixed, but I know upgrading to the version of Java 7 mentioned in my signature will fix the problem.
Thank You the last java 7 release worked.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Season and Episodes.

I notice you do not use SchedulesDirect to get season and episode ... Is there any reason why. I believe schedules direct has Season and Episode info.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:49 PM
SageTVaholic

I do use the S/E data from SD whenever it's available. Have been since they started providing it.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I do use the S/E data from SD whenever it's available. Have been since they started providing it.
Ok maybe I was mistaken but it did not show up until I selected Tribune or theTVDB in plugin configuration.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

I did a clean Install setup schedules direct plugin ... setup tuner guide data is there ... but there is no Season Episode info... I then Go into plugin config select Tribune as season episode ... re-add the tuner then I have season and episode.

So even though I use Schedules direct I will not get season and episode info unless I configure season episode in Schedules direct plugin... to use tribune etc...

Maybe configuring season episode (tribune etc...) is just part of the normal Installation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg noepisode.jpg (84.4 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg episode.jpg (85.5 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-23-2015 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like a bug, but not 100% sure. What was the default setting at after initial install? Either way, with a workaround available, I won't be rushing to fix it but I would like to know the default for when I do get around to it. Even better, please log a bug here.
Old 08-14-2015, 02:20 PM
Sage User

Looks like compatibility is hard coded to only work for V7 of STV. So, those trying out the open source V9 currently can't use this plugin.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerbrad View Post
Looks like compatibility is hard coded to only work for V7 of STV. So, those trying out the open source V9 currently can't use this plugin.
Yes, that is true & was discussed earlier.

I've been trying to find time to look into it (hopefully next week). Having said that: if someone else beats me to it, that isn't a problem. Either way, the issue isn't being ignored.

Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerbrad View Post
Yes, v7.1.9 was hard coded for the plugin as a necessity. The plugin would not "just work" on Sage 9 (or another version older/newer than 7.1.9). The technical reasons probably don't interest anyone, but I may have touched on them somewhere further up this thread (class file obfuscation is the underlying reason that the plugin is tied to a very specific version of Sage).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Yes, that is true & was discussed earlier.

I've been trying to find time to look into it (hopefully next week). Having said that: if someone else beats me to it, that isn't a problem. Either way, the issue isn't being ignored.

Andy
Yes, Andy approached me as being interested in tackling this issue for Sage 9 and I've given him all the info he needs to update the plugin. I do not have any env for Sage development at this time (it blew up and died a couple months back) nor plan on rebuilding anything until after the summer. I have not tried to upgrade to Sage 9 and have no plans on doing so at this time. I plan on diving into the code and perhaps contributing some ideas, etc., but I have no plans on starting any of that until after the summer (i.e. mid October). In the meantime, I'm in Toronto paying ridiculous prices to get into these Jays/Yankees games this weekend and loving every minute of it!

I took a few minutes to look around and I'm quite excited to see the level of interest now that the source is opened up. I look forward to rejoining at some capacity in the fall.

Heading back to the dome...
Old 08-15-2015, 10:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Heading back to the dome...
I am originally from NY relocated to Portland still a loyal Yankee fan what a series..
Old 09-07-2015, 09:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Apparently been happening for a couple of weeks, I noted my EPG dwindling down... Logs shows multiple entries similar to this:
HTML Code:
2015-09-07 00:08:39,521 ERROR [Plugin]: Error in Watchdog
java.nio.file.ClosedFileSystemException
	at com.sun.nio.zipfs.ZipFileSystem.ensureOpen(ZipFileSystem.java:1084)
	at com.sun.nio.zipfs.ZipFileSystem.getFileAttributes(ZipFileSystem.java:316)
	at com.sun.nio.zipfs.ZipPath.checkAccess(ZipPath.java:767)
	at com.sun.nio.zipfs.ZipFileSystemProvider.checkAccess(ZipFileSystemProvider.java:187)
	at java.nio.file.Files.exists(Unknown Source)
	at org.schedulesdirect.api.ZipEpgClient.<init>(ZipEpgClient.java:153)
	at org.schedulesdirect.api.ZipEpgClient.<init>(ZipEpgClient.java:212)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor5.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor.invoke(CachedConstructor.java:77)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.ConstructorSite$ConstructorSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.callConstructor(ConstructorSite.java:102)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:190)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.plugin.Plugin$_startWatchdog_closure2.doCall(Plugin.groovy:174)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.plugin.Plugin$_startWatchdog_closure2.doCall(Plugin.groovy)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:90)
	at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:233)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureMetaClass.invokeMethod(ClosureMetaClass.java:272)
	at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:906)
	at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:415)
	at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:409)
	at groovy.lang.Closure.run(Closure.java:493)

Any ideas?

RLW
Old 09-07-2015, 11:10 AM
SageTVaholic

There should be other errors reported in the sdepg.log file? If not, look in the sdjson-api.log file.

The error you've pasted in is caused by the epg cache file closing unexpectedly, which would happen in case of another error.

Or... if there are no other errors in those log files then it could be a bug with the zipfs implementation in your version of java. This situation is not unprecedented as we know that very early versions of Java 7 have bugs in this area that caused problems with this plugin before (but not this specific error).

Check the sdepg and sdson-api log files for other errors and report those if they exist. If they don't then I'll need to know the following:

SageTV Version
sdepg version
Java version (and vendor: Oracle, IBM, OpenJDK, etc.)
Old 09-07-2015, 11:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Slugger,

The sdepg.log file has several hundred of entries similar to what I posted. I've included a few more iterations below. I'm also including the contents of the sdjson-epg.log. Nothing has been changed or upgraded on this headless SageTV server for a long time.

SageTV 7.1.9.256
sdepg plugin version 0.0.81 Beta
Oracle Java Version 7 Update 76 (build 1.7.0_76-b13)

Also note that I opened a ticket at Schedules Direct since, looking at the status in the Sage Web Server I saw the following:

HTML Code:
Server status: Online as of Mon Mar 23 12:47:00 CST 2015 [msg: Lineup responses updated. See http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2645&p=8379 for details.]
Robert suggested checking here since he saw only that my client is connecting but not actually telling the server which programs and schedules it wants.

A little more from sdepg.log:
Code:
2015-09-07 00:08:39,521 ERROR [Plugin]: Error in Watchdog
	at com.sun.nio.zipfs.ZipFileSystemProvider.checkAccess(ZipFileSystemProvider.java:187)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.ConstructorSite$ConstructorSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.callConstructor(ConstructorSite.java:102)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.plugin.Plugin$_startWatchdog_closure2.doCall(Plugin.groovy:174)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.plugin.Plugin$_startWatchdog_closure2.doCall(Plugin.groovy)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureMetaClass.invokeMethod(ClosureMetaClass.java:272)
2015-09-07 00:18:39,527 ERROR [Plugin]: Error in Watchdog
2015-09-07 00:28:39,533 ERROR [Plugin]: Error in Watchdog
2015-09-07 00:38:39,536 ERROR [Plugin]: Error in Watchdog

Contents of sdjson-epg.log:
Code:
2015-07-09 13:26:29,546 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Creator]
2015-07-09 13:26:30,912 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Guest Voice]
2015-07-09 13:26:31,363 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Makeup Artist]
2015-07-09 13:26:31,364 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Hair Stylist]
2015-07-09 13:26:31,863 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Action Choreographer]
2015-07-09 13:26:31,863 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Director of Photography]
2015-07-09 13:26:31,916 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Conductor]
2015-07-09 13:26:31,916 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Fight Choreographer]
2015-07-09 13:26:31,916 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Supervising Sound Editor]
2015-07-09 13:26:31,916 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Sound Designer]
2015-07-09 13:26:31,926 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Supervising Art Direction]
2015-07-09 13:26:32,573 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Unit Production Manager]
2015-07-09 13:26:32,595 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Editor]
2015-07-09 13:26:32,610 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Original Song]
2015-07-09 13:26:32,617 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Second Unit Director]
2015-07-09 13:26:32,617 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Stunt Coordinator]
2015-07-09 13:26:32,643 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Original Music and Songs]
2015-07-09 13:26:32,643 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Co-Editor]
2015-07-09 13:26:32,649 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Music Supervisor]
2015-07-09 13:26:32,650 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Location Manager]
2015-07-09 13:26:32,652 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Makeup Department Head]
2015-07-11 10:44:47,908 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Creator]
2015-07-11 10:44:48,147 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Key Hair Stylist]
2015-07-11 10:44:48,147 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Key Makeup Artist]
2015-07-11 10:44:49,877 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Guest Voice]
2015-07-11 10:44:51,199 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Supervising Animator]
2015-07-11 10:44:51,263 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Production Supervisor]
2015-07-11 10:44:51,263 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Lead Man]
2015-07-11 10:44:51,263 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Music Editor]
2015-07-11 10:44:51,757 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Makeup Artist]
2015-07-11 10:44:51,758 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Hair Stylist]
2015-07-11 10:44:52,252 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Unit Production Manager]
2015-07-11 10:44:52,252 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Props]
2015-07-11 10:44:52,252 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Sound Mixer]
2015-07-11 10:44:52,667 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Supervising Art Direction]
2015-07-11 10:44:52,893 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Director of Photography]
2015-07-11 10:44:52,893 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Conductor]
2015-07-11 10:44:52,893 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Fight Choreographer]
2015-07-11 10:44:52,894 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Supervising Sound Editor]
2015-07-11 10:44:52,894 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Sound Designer]
2015-07-11 10:44:52,980 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Animation Supervisor]
2015-07-11 10:44:52,997 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Story]
2015-07-11 10:44:52,997 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Music]
2015-07-11 10:44:52,997 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Special Makeup Design]
2015-07-11 10:44:53,099 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Music Supervisor]
2015-07-11 10:44:53,715 WARN  [Program]: Unknown Role encountered! [Special Effects Supervisor]

ETC......
RLW