SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

That's just a debugging message.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
Installed as per directions and it seemed to work fine. Noticed late last week that was no longer two weeks of EPG in Sage. I'm now down to just a couple days worth of EPG data... Have tried forcing the plugin, but no luck. Here's the output from the command line info query:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sdepg\tools>"C:\Program Files (x86)
\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar sdjson.jar -u phydeaux -p xxxxxxxxx -c info
UserStatus [userId=phydeaux, expires=Sat Mar 15 19:52:33 CST 2014, lastServerRef
resh=Sun Apr 14 15:39:51 CST 2013, lastMetadataRefresh=Wed Apr 10 08:52:44 CST 2
013, nextSuggestedConnectTime=Thu Apr 25 11:11:27 CST 2013, userMessages=[], sys
temMessages=[Message [id=82879dda4f97981b154fb0, date=Mon Apr 15 20:19:49 CST 20
13, content=2013-02-22: New data temporarily paused while import routine re-writ
ten., clnt=org.schedulesdirect.api.NetworkEpgClient@1901437]], headendInfo=[0009
995=Sun Apr 14 13:03:04 CST 2013], jsonEncoding={
   "account": {
      "expires": "2014-03-16T01:52:33Z",
      "maxHeadends": 4,
      "messages": [],
      "nextSuggestedConnectTime": "2013-04-25T17:11:27Z"
   },
   "code": 200,
   "headend": [{
      "ID": "0009995",
      "modified": "2013-04-14T19:03:04Z"
   }],
   "lastDataUpdate": "2013-04-14T21:39:51Z",
   "lastMetaDataUpdate": "2013-04-10T14:52:44Z",
   "notifications": [{
      "date": "2013-04-16T02:19:49Z",
      "message": "2013-02-22: New data temporarily paused while import routine r
e-written.",
      "msgID": "82879dda4f97981b154fb0"
   }],
   "response": "OK",
   "serverID": "AWS-web.1",
   "systemStatus": [{
      "date": "2012-12-17T16:24:47Z",
      "details": "All servers running normally.",
      "status": "Online"
   }],
   "userId": "phydeaux"
}, maxLineups=4]
Any idea what this "pause" is all about?

RLW
Right so the Schedules Direct JSON service is still in beta itself and it's undergoing some work. This particular dev iteration, for various reasons, has been on going for ~2 months now and it's just about done. During this time, updates of the EPG data on the production SD server (the server this plugin is tied to) are done manually every 10-12 days, not automatically every day. These manual refreshes are always done before the current data runs out so yes you only have data until Friday, but SD will always provide a refresh of the data before the current data runs out.

We're right on the edge of moving to the next version of the service. I have the plugin ready for all to upgrade. This upgrade will return the automatic daily EPG refreshes (i.e. you'll continually have that 12-14 days of data on a rolling basis). I found a couple more issues on the test server today (I'm currently running the next version on my Sage production box, which is a good sign that we're about ready to release). Once those issues are addressed, the new plugin will be released. If we can't make that upgrade before tomorrow then Robert will refresh the current SD production server with a manual load. Either way, by tomorrow evening new data will be available for everyone to pull down before the current data runs out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkulagow View Post
That's just a debugging message.
In case everyone's not aware, this is Robert. He's the man on the Schedules Direct end making this JSON service tick.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...

Last edited by Slugger; 04-25-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Excellent information Slugger. I had read your description of the current state of SD in earlier threads and was thinking along the lines of a needed refresh there. Now you've tied this to the status message I'm getting and it all makes sense.

Thanks!
RLW
Old 04-25-2013, 07:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
2013-04-17 06:48:01,249 ERROR [EpgDownloader]: sdjson download failed! [rc=1]

So the EPG download at that time failed. In your log you see a bunch of "This stationid isn't in any of your headend" errors, etc. Schedules Direct was probably doing db maintenance at that time and didn't flip their switch to notify clients that they shouldn't be trying to download. Had they have, you would've gotten a different error, but something more understandable. The result still would have been the same: No EPG data in Sage.

2013-04-17 08:07:57,584 INFO [EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect]: Performed EPG download in 56898ms

Then this run completed with no errors and downloaded all your EPG info. Then your EPG info showed up in Sage. Schedules Direct responded to the download request properly, gave sdepg the data, the data was loaded.

This was nothing to do with licensed/non-licensed, just your first epg download attempt happened to be at a bad time.

If you remove the license file, deleted the EPG cache file and forced an EPG update, it should still work fine. You can test that if you like, but there's no need to, just leave the license in place since you've already paid for it. No refunds on the license, but I truly thank you for your donation to the Canadian Cancer Society!

I am happy I paid for the license anyway because it allows you to use the flush EPG cache and force update button from the SD plugin which is nice if you need it and don't want to do it manually.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:58 AM
SageTVaholic

No upgrade this week; current production being refreshed now

The new release of the plugin will not be coming this week. Instead, Robert is refreshing the current production server's data now. Sometime tonight (or by tomorrow morning at the latest), everyone will be able to download another two weeks of data.

Warning: In anticipation of the new release, I updated the sdjson-api plugin in the Sage repository earlier this week. From what I can tell, two other users have upgraded this plugin. Those two users must replace the sdjson-api jar with this one or else they will not be able to pull down the new data refresh from the SD servers.

Do not upgrade the sdjson-api plugin manually. Let the sdepg plugin upgrade it for you as needed when you upgrade that plugin.

Usually I wouldn't release the api plugin update without the sdepg update along side it, but some last minute bugs on the SD service side halted the release plans for this week. Sorry for the inconvenience, but as long as you never upgrade that plugin manually, you shouldn't ever have an issue with mismatched jars for this plugin.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:58 PM
SageTVaholic

0.0.3.0 Released!

Just waiting for one final test to complete then the final build will be uploaded to the repository. Should be available within the next couple hours.

Schedules Direct updated its service to the new API release earlier today meaning the current version of sdepg is no longer able to talk to Schedules Direct. You will need to upgrade to the new release of the plugin in order to continue to receive EPG updates.

Lots of new features in the plugin in this release; the biggest being web based Schedules Direct configuration & management now available. A new menu item has been added for users of the web UI plugin so just load the home page to find it. These web pages allow easy configuration of lineups and a way to view account and system status. There are some touchups to be done, but they'll be done and released in a minor update in the future.

The upgraded server API on the Schedules Direct side also brings about new changes. Biggest of all is that daily updates of the EPG data return with this release. Users should always have that 12-14 days of EPG data now as Schedules Direct is once again able to process its upstream data daily.

Enjoy...
Old 05-03-2013, 06:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

SD Web Error Wrong SDjson.api?

Slugger, I was one of the two people mentioned in your earlier post who inadvertently updated the SDjson.api and had to manually re-install the earlier version. I have now updated the SD plugin but I receive an error message when trying to access the SD menu items. I've attached a screen shot. Also, I have only epg data to May 8. I suspect my earlier actions may have screwed things up. I've attached the most recent SDJson log. BTW, the version of the Sdjson.api is 0.20130311.00 beta modified 4/22/13 and installed 4/24/13. Thanks for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SD Web Error Message.JPG (142.3 KB, 182 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt SDJson log.txt (63.4 KB, 203 views)
Old 05-03-2013, 07:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdippel View Post
Slugger, I was one of the two people mentioned in your earlier post who inadvertently updated the SDjson.api and had to manually re-install the earlier version. I have now updated the SD plugin but I receive an error message when trying to access the SD menu items. I've attached a screen shot. Also, I have only epg data to May 8. I suspect my earlier actions may have screwed things up. I've attached the most recent SDJson log. BTW, the version of the Sdjson.api is 0.20130311.00 beta modified 4/22/13 and installed 4/24/13. Thanks for your help.
Ok, right. So if you manually downgraded that jar then Sage still thinks you're actually at the newer version and wouldn't have upgraded it back to the new version when you upgraded sdepg. So you'll just have to manually upgrade the jar back to the current level. Use this jar. Future updates will then be properly applied by the Sage plugin manager.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ok, right. So if you manually downgraded that jar then Sage still thinks you're actually at the newer version and wouldn't have upgraded it back to the new version when you upgraded sdepg. So you'll just have to manually upgrade the jar back to the current level. Use this jar. Future updates will then be properly applied by the Sage plugin manager.
Thanks!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

I installed the new update and have 2 minor issues and a question.

Issues
1) Regardless of what I choose for a source, no Season/Episode information is downloaded. I don't know if this is a continuation of the difficulty in retrieving Season/Episode information or a bug in the software.
2) My sd4j.api log contains >7000 copies of the following warning: "2013-05-03 08:58:38,741 WARN [Airing]: Unknown DolbyStatus encountered! [DOLBY]." I assume this means that SD is returning a Dolby status that is not listed in the SDEPG airing/program interface.

Question
Robert, did you every do anything about the missing/incorrect language information that we discussed during the closed beta or have you been too busy with the download issues to get to it? There is no problem if you didn't. I'm currently handling this issue through an Airing filter but I obviously don't need to continue using my filter if the correct information is now available through the Schedules Direct API.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryB View Post

Issues
1) Regardless of what I choose for a source, no Season/Episode information is downloaded. I don't know if this is a continuation of the difficulty in retrieving Season/Episode information or a bug in the software.
So the metadata is still a work in progress on the SD side. If you go to the status page in the web UI you'll see it tells you the last time SD did a metadata update. Currently that is Apr 24. So anything airing after ~May 3 has little chance of having S/E data available just because Robert hasn't pulled metadata for any of those airings. That's still being worked on and as it's addressed, the data should just automagically appear in the EPG when it becomes available.

To check if it's a bug in my sdepg plugin code, crack open the sdjson.epg file (it's just a zip file) in your favourite zip viewer and head to the metadata folder. Look for a file in there that corresponds to the program id you're missing S/E data for. If there is a file for metadata for that program AND it contains the S/E data inside it then it's a bug on my end that needs to be reported. If the file does not exist then there was no metadata for that id last time SD pulled metadata. If there is a file but there is no S/E data in it, then SD tried to pull the data for that episode, but could not find it.

Quote:
2) My sd4j.api log contains >7000 copies of the following warning: "2013-05-03 08:58:38,741 WARN [Airing]: Unknown DolbyStatus encountered! [DOLBY]." I assume this means that SD is returning a Dolby status that is not listed in the SDEPG airing/program interface.
Hmm... I thought I limited those warnings to once per run. Can you ticket that for me to look at for the next release. That log file is on a size limit then will roll so it shouldn't fill your disk, if that's your worry.

Quote:
Question
Robert, did you every do anything about the missing/incorrect language information that we discussed during the closed beta or have you been too busy with the download issues to get to it? There is no problem if you didn't. I'm currently handling this issue through an Airing filter but I obviously don't need to continue using my filter if the correct information is now available through the Schedules Direct API.
Not sure if he has, but even if he has there are two parts to this. SD needs to support it then I need to support it in the plugin, which I don't b/c the field hasn't existed up until now. So if Robert says the support is there then you'll need to ticket me to add it to sdepg.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Issues
Right, there were a lot of problems getting 20130331 out the door and it took much much longer than anticipated for a number of reasons. Moving forward I believe that things should be a bit smoother, since I have a dev box that can be used to develop the next version of the API without affecting production.

Metadata is the next thing to get fixed before any new API work starts.

Quote:
Question
I'm in the process of setting up a ticketing system. Forums are fine, but are terrible for bug tracking / feature requests. If I recall, there was an issue with certain stations saying "English" even though 99.999% of the time they were going to be something else?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
To check if it's a bug in my sdepg plugin code, crack open the sdjson.epg file (it's just a zip file) in your favourite zip viewer and head to the metadata folder. Look for a file in there that corresponds to the program id you're missing S/E data for. If there is a file for metadata for that program AND it contains the S/E data inside it then it's a bug on my end that needs to be reported. If the file does not exist then there was no metadata for that id last time SD pulled metadata. If there is a file but there is no S/E data in it, then SD tried to pull the data for that episode, but could not find it.
Thanks for the explanation. I checked and, while there are many files in the metadata folder with S/E information, none of the them corresponding to programs that I'm missing metadata information on.

Quote:
Hmm... I thought I limited those warnings to once per run. Can you ticket that for me to look at for the next release. That log file is on a size limit then will roll so it shouldn't fill your disk, if that's your worry.
Done
Old 05-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'm in the process of setting up a ticketing system. Forums are fine, but are terrible for bug tracking / feature requests. If I recall, there was an issue with certain stations saying "English" even though 99.999% of the time they were going to be something else?
Correct. This is especially a problem with stations that broadcast programs in languages that don't use a letter-based alphabet, eg Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. As a reminder in absence of a ticketing system, in our last communication on this subject you said "OK, I think that I'm going to make the program Language part of the schedule metadata rather than modifying the actual program object. That way, it will be possible for the application to apply a filter before the program is downloaded. So downloading a stationID will now also include program Language along with HDTV flags and all the rest of the metadata."
Old 05-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Please use the issue tracker at

https://github.com/SchedulesDirect/JSON-Service/issues

and please use Feature Request: {whatever} in the title.

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Has the recent update to this plugin killed it? I noted a system message several days ago and updated, it has not worked since. I assumed the diminishing EPG I had was the same as previously and Robert would be updating yesterday sometime shortly before the programming "ran out", but I still see no data. So I've just tried a manual update and this is the result in my log:

Code:
2013-05-08 18:16:31,837 INFO  [Plugin]: EPG refresh forced by user!
2013-05-08 18:16:33,163 ERROR [EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect]: Error accessing Schedules Direct
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.schedulesdirect.api.ZipEpgClient.fetchLineups(ZipEpgClient.java:281)
	at org.schedulesdirect.api.Headend.getLineups(Headend.java:126)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:90)
	at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:233)
	at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl$GetBeanMethodMetaProperty.getProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:3481)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.GetEffectivePojoPropertySite.getProperty(GetEffectivePojoPropertySite.java:61)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callGetProperty(AbstractCallSite.java:227)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect$_getProviders_closure1.doCall(EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.groovy:113)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureMetaClass.invokeMethod(ClosureMetaClass.java:272)
	at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:906)
	at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:415)
	at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:428)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.DefaultGroovyMethods.each(DefaultGroovyMethods.java:1326)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.DefaultGroovyMethods.each(DefaultGroovyMethods.java:1298)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.dgm$148.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PojoMetaMethodSite$PojoMetaMethodSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.invoke(PojoMetaMethodSite.java:271)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PojoMetaMethodSite.call(PojoMetaMethodSite.java:53)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:45)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:108)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:116)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.getProviders(EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.groovy:112)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite$PogoCachedMethodSite.invoke(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:231)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite.call(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:64)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:45)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:108)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:112)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.plugin.Plugin.refreshEpgData(Plugin.groovy:123)
	at sagex.plugin.AbstractPlugin.fireButtonClick(AbstractPlugin.java:442)
	at sagex.plugin.AbstractPlugin.setConfigValue(AbstractPlugin.java:412)
	at sage.e.w$49.void(Unknown Source)
	at sage.az.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a.m$b.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a.m.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.e.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.be.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.be.null(Unknown Source)
	at sage.be.for(Unknown Source)
	at sage.cb.char(Unknown Source)
	at sage.EventRouter.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.EventRouter.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2013-05-08 18:16:33,163 WARN  [Plugin]: Failed to dispatch button event for: sdepg/refresh to method refreshEpgData in class sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.plugin.Plugin
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at sagex.plugin.AbstractPlugin.fireButtonClick(AbstractPlugin.java:442)
	at sagex.plugin.AbstractPlugin.setConfigValue(AbstractPlugin.java:412)
	at sage.e.w$49.void(Unknown Source)
	at sage.az.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a.m$b.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a.m.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.e.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.be.null(Unknown Source)
	at sage.be.for(Unknown Source)
	at sage.cb.char(Unknown Source)
	at sage.EventRouter.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.EventRouter.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.schedulesdirect.api.ZipEpgClient.fetchLineups(ZipEpgClient.java:281)
	at org.schedulesdirect.api.Headend.getLineups(Headend.java:126)
	at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl$GetBeanMethodMetaProperty.getProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:3481)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.GetEffectivePojoPropertySite.getProperty(GetEffectivePojoPropertySite.java:61)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callGetProperty(AbstractCallSite.java:227)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect$_getProviders_closure1.doCall(EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.groovy:113)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureMetaClass.invokeMethod(ClosureMetaClass.java:272)
	at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:906)
	at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:415)
	at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:428)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.DefaultGroovyMethods.each(DefaultGroovyMethods.java:1326)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.DefaultGroovyMethods.each(DefaultGroovyMethods.java:1298)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.dgm$148.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PojoMetaMethodSite$PojoMetaMethodSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.invoke(PojoMetaMethodSite.java:271)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PojoMetaMethodSite.call(PojoMetaMethodSite.java:53)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:116)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.getProviders(EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.groovy:112)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite$PogoCachedMethodSite.invoke(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:231)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite.call(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:64)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:112)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.plugin.Plugin.refreshEpgData(Plugin.groovy:123)
	... 19 more
2013-05-08 18:16:33,163 WARN  [Plugin]: Failed to handle ButtonClickHandler: 'sdepg/refresh' in class: sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.plugin.Plugin
2013-05-08 18:17:11,864 INFO  [ProgramGenerator]: Processed show generators in 16ms
2013-05-08 18:17:12,004 INFO  [EpgDownloader]: -f flag inserted via user refresh request!
2013-05-08 18:17:12,004 INFO  [EpgDownloader]: [C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java, -Xmx512m, -jar, C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sdepg\tools\sdjson.jar, -c, grab, -u, phydeaux, -p, *****, -o, C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sdepg\sdjson.epg, -a, sagetv-sdepg/0.0.3.0 (Windows 7 x86 6.1), -t, 200, -b, https://data2.schedulesdirect.org, -pc, 50000, -sc, 1000, -l, INFO, -g, C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sdepg\ignore.txt, -x, -f]
2013-05-08 18:17:49,990 ERROR [EpgDownloader]: sdjson download failed! [rc=1]
2013-05-08 18:17:49,990 ERROR [EpgDownloader]: stdout:
INFO - Identified 0 program ids requiring an update!

2013-05-08 18:17:49,990 ERROR [EpgDownloader]: stderr:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.schedulesdirect.grabber.Grabber.removeIgnoredStations(Grabber.java:592)
	at org.schedulesdirect.grabber.Grabber.updateZip(Grabber.java:495)
	at org.schedulesdirect.grabber.Grabber.run(Grabber.java:629)
	at org.schedulesdirect.grabber.Grabber.main(Grabber.java:666)

2013-05-08 18:17:50,006 ERROR [EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect]: Download of EPG data failed!
java.io.IOException:  download failed! [rc=1]
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor.invoke(CachedConstructor.java:77)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor.doConstructorInvoke(CachedConstructor.java:71)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.ConstructorSite$ConstructorSiteNoUnwrap.callConstructor(ConstructorSite.java:81)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallConstructor(CallSiteArray.java:57)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:182)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:190)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.io.EpgDownloader.download(EpgDownloader.groovy:83)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.io.EpgDownloader$download.call(Unknown Source)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.doUpdate(EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.groovy:259)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite$PogoCachedMethodSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.invoke(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:272)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite.callCurrent(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:52)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallCurrent(CallSiteArray.java:49)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:133)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:137)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.updateGuide(EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.groovy:162)
	at sage.ae.y(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a2.e(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a9.dK(Unknown Source)
	at sage.ae.run(Unknown Source)
2013-05-08 18:17:50,053 INFO  [AiringGenerator]: Processed airing generators in 16ms
Any ideas?

RLW
Old 05-08-2013, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

The local cache looks corrupted. Delete the sdjson.epg file and force another EPG update. Should fix things up.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I deleted the cache file as directed, then went to the plugin and clicked Refresh EPG. Got the spinning circle for 2 seconds. Went to System information and it still showed the last update was when I tried it an hour ago and next update in 23 hours.

Restarted the SageTV service and did the above again. Doesn't seem to want to accept my request to Refresh.

Log says:

2013-05-08 19:09:40,651 INFO [Plugin]: EPG refresh forced by user!
2013-05-08 19:13:21,875 INFO [Plugin]: EPG refresh forced by user!

RLW
Old 05-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

It doesn't appear that you have any headends in your account. Have you added one using the API / slugger's tools? Adding them at the Schedules Direct website is for the old XML service, and they're not automatically copied over.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

I configured the plugin as per the directions in the original post of this thread a couple months back. It's worked perfectly until the recent update. Are you saying I should go back and re-do the configuration from the command line as per the instructions?

I decided to add a channel to my lineup and save that - which forced an EPG update, which I couldn't seem to make happen by clicking the plugin Refresh EPG button... It created a new sdjson.epg file, but there is no EPG information in SageTV (all channels No Data). Here's the log entries for this:

Code:
2013-05-08 19:35:02,191 INFO  [ProgramGenerator]: Processed show generators in 47ms
2013-05-08 19:35:02,378 INFO  [EpgDownloader]: -f flag inserted via user refresh request!
2013-05-08 19:35:02,378 INFO  [EpgDownloader]: [C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java, -Xmx512m, -jar, C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sdepg\tools\sdjson.jar, -c, grab, -u, phydeaux, -p, *****, -o, C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sdepg\sdjson.epg, -a, sagetv-sdepg/0.0.3.0 (Windows 7 x86 6.1), -t, 200, -b, https://data2.schedulesdirect.org, -pc, 50000, -sc, 1000, -l, INFO, -g, C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sdepg\ignore.txt, -x, -f]
2013-05-08 19:35:06,029 ERROR [EpgDownloader]: sdjson download failed! [rc=1]
2013-05-08 19:35:06,029 ERROR [EpgDownloader]: stdout:
INFO - Identified 0 program ids requiring an update!

2013-05-08 19:35:06,029 ERROR [EpgDownloader]: stderr:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.schedulesdirect.grabber.Grabber.removeIgnoredStations(Grabber.java:592)
	at org.schedulesdirect.grabber.Grabber.updateZip(Grabber.java:495)
	at org.schedulesdirect.grabber.Grabber.run(Grabber.java:629)
	at org.schedulesdirect.grabber.Grabber.main(Grabber.java:666)

2013-05-08 19:35:06,044 ERROR [EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect]: Download of EPG data failed!
java.io.IOException:  download failed! [rc=1]
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor.invoke(CachedConstructor.java:77)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor.doConstructorInvoke(CachedConstructor.java:71)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.ConstructorSite$ConstructorSiteNoUnwrap.callConstructor(ConstructorSite.java:81)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallConstructor(CallSiteArray.java:57)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:182)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:190)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.io.EpgDownloader.download(EpgDownloader.groovy:83)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.io.EpgDownloader$download.call(Unknown Source)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.doUpdate(EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.groovy:259)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite$PogoCachedMethodSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.invoke(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:272)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite.callCurrent(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:52)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallCurrent(CallSiteArray.java:49)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:133)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:137)
	at sagex.epg.schedulesdirect.EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.updateGuide(EPGImportPluginSchedulesDirect.groovy:162)
	at sage.ae.y(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a2.e(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a9.dK(Unknown Source)
	at sage.ae.run(Unknown Source)
2013-05-08 19:35:06,075 INFO  [AiringGenerator]: Processed airing generators in 15ms