SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

This was not the output I got when I originally configured this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sdepg\tools>"c:\program files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" sdjson.jar -u phydeaux -p xxxxxxxxx -c info
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sdjson/jar
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sdjson.jar
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: sdjson.jar. Program will exit.

RLW
Old 05-08-2013, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Go to

Code:
http://sagehost:port/sage/sdjson/index.gsp?m=headends
in the web ui. What's it list under "Configured Headends"? If there are none listed then you need to reconfigure them. You can do that on the same web site now. All the errors are pointing to no headends configured in your SD account (I've opened a ticket for me to identify this and report it instead of dumping NPEs all over the place).
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 05-08-2013, 08:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
This was not the output I got when I originally configured this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sdepg\tools>"c:\program files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" sdjson.jar -u phydeaux -p xxxxxxxxx -c info
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sdjson/jar
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sdjson.jar
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: sdjson.jar. Program will exit.

RLW
You're missing the '-jar' flag in front of sdjson.jar in that command line, but save the hassle of doing the command line config and just configure it all from the web ui plugin (see last post).
Old 05-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here's what I get at that we URL:
HTML Code:
HTTP ERROR 503

Problem accessing /sage/sdjson/index.gsp. Reason:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Template engine not instantiated.

Caused by:

javax.servlet.UnavailableException: javax.servlet.ServletException: Template engine not instantiated.
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.makeUnavailable(ServletHolder.java:406)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:442)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.getServlet(ServletHolder.java:339)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:478)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)

Powered by Jetty://

Thanks for catching the command line omission. Here's the output of the corrected command:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sdepg\tools>"c:\program files (x86)
\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar sdjson.jar -u phydeaux -p xxxxxxxxx -c info
UserStatus [userId=phydeaux, expires=Sat Mar 15 19:52:33 CST 2014, lastServerRef
resh=Wed May 08 08:57:56 CST 2013, lastMetadataRefresh=Wed Apr 24 16:33:35 CST 2
013, nextSuggestedConnectTime=Thu May 09 00:59:01 CST 2013, userMessages=[], sys
temMessages=[], headendInfo=[], jsonEncoding={
   "account": {
      "expires": "2014-03-16T01:52:33Z",
      "maxHeadends": 4,
      "messages": [],
      "nextSuggestedConnectTime": "2013-05-09T06:59:01Z"
   },
   "code": 200,
   "headend": [],
   "lastDataUpdate": "2013-05-08T14:57:56Z",
   "lastMetaDataUpdate": "2013-04-24T22:33:35Z",
   "notifications": [],
   "response": "OK",
   "serverID": "AWS-web.1",
   "systemStatus": [{
      "date": "2012-12-17T16:24:47Z",
      "details": "All servers running normally.",
      "status": "Online"
   }],
   "userId": "phydeaux"
}, maxLineups=4]

How did it lose my headend?

RLW
Old 05-08-2013, 09:00 PM
SageTVaholic

I think you said it's been a few months since you've used the plugin? There was a transition between end of closed beta and open beta where you would have needed to reconfigure your account. I'm guessing that's when you lost it.

As to the web error, there is something wrong with your web ui installation (I think). Could be a missing/corrupted jar, hard to say. The sage debug logs might point you in the right direction on that.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, thanks. I've had to step away for a short while, so I'll look further and re-add the headend. I've never used the web ui before, so doesn't surprise me it's not configured properly.

Thanks for the assistance and. I'll close the loop on this as soon as it's repaired.

RLW
Old 05-08-2013, 09:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok, thanks. I've had to step away for a short while, so I'll look further and re-add the headend. I've never used the web ui before, so doesn't surprise me it's not configured properly.

Thanks for the assistance and. I'll close the loop on this as soon as it's repaired.

RLW
If you just installed the web ui plugin now to access that web site then it's probably just a matter of restarting sage in order to get that working. Sage may not tell you it needs to be restarted after installing new plugins, but some plugins need it regardless of what the core actually thinks it needs.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks again Slugger. Yes, I had just installed the web ui plugin, so a restart got me to the interface. Searched out my headend code and re-added it. Tried a Refresh EPG again but it doesn't seem to force it to happen. I had to add a new channel to the lineup in Sage to get it to automatically kick off the update. And it now seems to be fine - I have an EPG again.

Thank you both...

RLW
Old 05-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Slugger, any idea why "out of the blue" I would suddenly lose my channel lineup? Came home from work today and found my Sage EPG wacky - tons of channels I have never had turned on, and many of the ones I did, turned off. Went into the channel configuration, and lots of channels are suddenly no longer available for selection.

RLW
Old 05-30-2013, 04:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Have a look inside the sdjson.epg file (it's just a zip file). Look in the lineups directory. If the lineup is "out of whack" in there then it's a result of the data received from Schedules Direct and you need to open a support request at their site. If the data in the zip file isn't matching what's showing up in your EPG then that's on me and I need to fix it and will then need examples of what's going on.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Slugger, I'll keep that in mind if it happens again. I ended up clearing everything, deleting the sdjas.epg file and log file and setting up again. Seemed to work fine. I'm guessing it was a corrupt file - and I've seen that once before, though different circumstances. If it happens again I'll look into the contents of the epg file and report what I see.

RLW
Old 06-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Happening again, Slugger. In fact, I'm not sure it was ever really fixed. Here's the real issue - it seems that most, maybe all the HD channels are reported to be at the wrong location. Example works better:

I'm with Shaw Direct Canada (West), have been since day one. For me, PBS Detroit HD (WTVS) is received on channel 324 on the STB. And previous to sometime last week this was the case with the listing I received via Schedules Direct using your plugin. Suddenly now it says it's on channel 562. But it's not - there's either nothing there or it's a channel I don't have access to.

It's the same with all my HD channels which are all located between 300 and 367. They have all been "relocated" to the 500's. Looking at the lineups file inside the sdjson.epg (zip) file, in my case 0009995.txt - I can see the gap:

Code:
    {
      "channel": "293",
      "stationID": 42774
    },
    {
      "channel": "344",
      "stationID": 19450
    },
    {
      "channel": "379",
      "stationID": 80131
    },
    {
      "channel": "380",
      "stationID": 45867
    },
    {
      "channel": "381",
      "stationID": 72755
    },
The above is consecutive in my file - missing large gaps in the 300's where my channels actually are - and putting them all up the 500's where they are not...

Any ideas? Or who do I need to contact about this?

RLW
Old 06-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

The gap also exists in the data that Tribune has:

291 CPAC
292 EWTNC
293 SALT
344 SCINFO
379 FRHD
380 CBFTDT
381 CFTMDT
382 RDSHD
383 SERIEHD

So if there's supposed to be a channel "294", then that means that Shaw told Tribune "delete 294" and Tribune did.

If there's a 294 on your set top box, then please open a ticket at the Schedules Direct website so that we can start the process of backtracking where the error came from. (If there is one).
Old 06-03-2013, 08:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Happening again, Slugger. In fact, I'm not sure it was ever really fixed. Here's the real issue - it seems that most, maybe all the HD channels are reported to be at the wrong location. Example works better:

I'm with Shaw Direct Canada (West), have been since day one. For me, PBS Detroit HD (WTVS) is received on channel 324 on the STB. And previous to sometime last week this was the case with the listing I received via Schedules Direct using your plugin. Suddenly now it says it's on channel 562. But it's not - there's either nothing there or it's a channel I don't have access to.

It's the same with all my HD channels which are all located between 300 and 367. They have all been "relocated" to the 500's. Looking at the lineups file inside the sdjson.epg (zip) file, in my case 0009995.txt - I can see the gap:

Code:
    {
      "channel": "293",
      "stationID": 42774
    },
    {
      "channel": "344",
      "stationID": 19450
    },
    {
      "channel": "379",
      "stationID": 80131
    },
    {
      "channel": "380",
      "stationID": 45867
    },
    {
      "channel": "381",
      "stationID": 72755
    },
The above is consecutive in my file - missing large gaps in the 300's where my channels actually are - and putting them all up the 500's where they are not...

Any ideas? Or who do I need to contact about this?

RLW
Yeah, so Shaw launched their new G1 satellite last week and when they did, they remapped all of their channels and told Tribune about it. However, Shaw messed up because people who don't have access to the new satellite (you need 6xx receivers and the new xKu LNB on your dish) did not receive the new channel mappings and so now the lineup data at Tribune is wrong for you and right for me (I have the new LNB and receive all the channels at their newly reported locations). As Robert mentioned, this is a Shaw/Tribune issue and needs to be corrected on their end. The "fix" is to include the duplicate/multiple mappings of channels at the new and old channel numbers.

As Robert suggested, head over to the Schedules Direct web site, login with your id and open a lineup issue report there. Robert will take it from there.

EDIT: I can't say for sure, but since the Sage EPG server gets its data from the same place (Tribune), switching back to the Sage EPG isn't likely to help any, just in case you were thinking about it. I'm fairly confident in saying that because if you go to Zap2It.com and look there, the same channel mappings exist there, so Sage would be pulling the same map as well. In other words, Shaw really messed up when reporting the new channel mappings to Tribune. Though I have to give them credit for at least trying - most providers would have never been so proactive about getting such a massive lineup change reported a day early. Too bad they messed it up so severely.

Last edited by Slugger; 06-03-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

There is no 294, but the point is the gaps in the 300 region. OK, here's my actual HD lineup - the channels I use for the STBs in my house:

300, 302, 303, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 338, 340, 361, 362, 364, 365, 366, 367

Yet you see that none of them are listed in the lineup pulled from SD. But if I search the file by station call sign, they ARE all in the file but assigned to numbers that are all actually in the range listed as Radio channels by Shaw Direct (in the 500's).

So, even though I know Slugger's plugin does not pull from the same "place" as my SD account via the web, I did look at that account (which I used to use for a different EPG plugin) and I see that it too no longer lists the above channels and they appear to have all been assigned numbers in the 500's. So does that mean it's the feed from Shaw to SD that is goofed up? And if so, who needs to be made aware?

I assure you, the channels in the 300's are still working fine on the STB and they are NOT in the 500's, it's just radio when I tune them in.

Thanks for your assistance,
RLW
Old 06-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ah, OK. I was typing my response when you were filling in the details that were missing in my mind... Thanks Slugger, for clarifying the root of the issue.

I'll log a ticket at Schedules Direct...

Thanks to Robert also...

I have no intention of "going" back to the standard SageTV method - I'm pleased to be independent of that now. This is clearly a Shaw issue, I see that now.

RLW

Last edited by Phydeaux; 06-03-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

The channels have been put back into the lineup in today's data, so if slugger's JSON client honors the "last updated" timestamp it should realize that there are headends updates available and you should be OK.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you Robert. I'll check after the next update and let Slugger and yourself know.

RLW
Old 06-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

This is all looking back to normal now. Thanks Robert!

RLW
Old 06-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm glad that we were able to resolve your issue so quickly.

I've also learned "assume nothing". If there's an error in the lineup, it may be due to miscommunication between a provider and Tribune, so if you're a Schedules Direct user, open a ticket.