SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

View Poll Results: Would you like this plugin working on Linux?
Yes, please 7 63.64%
No, thanks 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Sage User

OSCAM server not contacted

Hi, I just installed your tool, but I'm encountering an issue.
The installation was fine, even if I had to register the DVBDCC.ax file manually.
I started the oscam server, but it seems that it is not contacted by sage for encrypted channels (tivusat).
Another thing which seems strange is that I don't see any oscam.user file in the CAM folder.
Probably I'm missing something trivial, could you please help me ?

Thanks in advance
Gian Piero
Attached Files
File Type: zip log.zip (60.5 KB, 172 views)
Old 02-22-2014, 04:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianpieroizzo View Post
The installation was fine, even if I had to register the DVBDCC.ax file manually.
I suspect you didn't install with an administration account or with a user with administration privileges, but I'm glad you sorted out.
Quote:
Another thing which seems strange is that I don't see any oscam.user file in the CAM folder.
This is because the oscam.server is missing one setting. You should have a look at the DVBDCC-tuner-xx.log files which gives you an indication of error. If you look at the plugin announcement thread the minimum required settings are highlighted in bold, however here what is missing in your particular case:

audisabled = 0

This is important to clearly allow the plugin sending entitlement updates to your card (for tivusat is safe).

Please change your "ident" setting to:

ident = 183d:005411

Also, it is not mandatory, but I would personally add this to be on the absolute safe side:

blockemm-unknown = 1

Please let me know, but this should be sufficient.

ciao
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 02-23-2014, 06:13 AM
Sage User

I changed the settings in oscam.server but still with no success.
The problem is that I can't find at all the DVBDCC-tuner-xx.log files. Where are they supposed to be ?
Please note that the system is running on windows 8.1 32 bits, I don't know if this can affect something.
What is needed to run with administrator privileges ? sagetv or oscam ?

thanks for your support
Gian Piero
Old 02-23-2014, 06:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

If you have to register the DVBDCC.ax file manualy maybe the following registry key is missing as well

32-bit OS
Quote:
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\AdditionalCaptureSetups\PluginFilter\PrePlugin="DVBDCC Transform Filter (SageTV)"
64-bit OS:
Quote:
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432\Frey Technologies\Common\AdditionalCaptureSetups\PluginFilter\PrePlugin="DVBDCC Transform Filter (SageTV)"
DVBDCC.log and DVBDCC-Tuner-xx.log are created in SageTV Directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV).
Old 02-23-2014, 06:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I changed the settings in oscam.server but still with no success.
Please keep those changes as they are necessary any way.
Quote:
The problem is that I can't find at all the DVBDCC-tuner-xx.log files. Where are they supposed to be ?
This sounds to me the DVBDCC.ax filter has not been registered properly. The files are generated in the <../SageTV/SageTV/> installation directory, also another file DVBDCC.log should be there to confirm whether the DLL has been registered correctly (by means of regsvr32.exe), please check that. You should have as many DVBDCC-Tuner-xx.log files as native tuners currently configured in SageTV.
Quote:
Please note that the system is running on windows 8.1 32 bits, I don't know if this can affect something.
Not really, I have users running 8.1 without issues.
Quote:
What is needed to run with administrator privileges ? sagetv or oscam ?
SageTV must run with administrator privileges, also did you go through the troubleshooting section regarding the windows's firewall?

ciao
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 02-23-2014, 09:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubdich View Post
If you have to register the DVBDCC.ax file manualy maybe the following registry key is missing as well
Yes, good point, if you manually registered the filter you need to manually add the above key as well.

I suggest you uninstall the plugin, un-register the filter and do it again with SageTV service running with admin privileges. this way the setup is done properly.

I do have a separate user account on my server dedicated to SageTV service and all the mounted NFS media drives uses the very same account, this way I can tune R/W access (if you have kids is a must to avoid accidental delete).

Eddy

Old 02-23-2014, 04:01 PM
Sage User

Hello,

thanks for your help. Indeed the problem was the installation of the plugin without the administrator privileges.
I deinstalled it and reinstalled launching sage as administrator and everything was ok.
Maybe it could be useful to specify this need in the installation guide

Now Sage works perfectly with my Technotrend S2-3200, but unfortunately it crashes as soon as I try to add the FireDTV card. Is there any known issue with it ? Could it be related to the fact that the card has the capability to mount its own hardware CAM ?

I attach the log if it could be useful.

However I'm already happy with this single card configuration, the second one is just a "nice to have"....

ciao
Gian Piero
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_1.zip (46.2 KB, 160 views)
Old 02-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hello,

thanks for your help. Indeed the problem was the installation of the plugin without the administrator privileges.
I deinstalled it and reinstalled launching sage as administrator and everything was ok.
Maybe it could be useful to specify this need in the installation guide

Now Sage works perfectly with my Technotrend S2-3200, but unfortunately it crashes as soon as I try to add the FireDTV card. Is there any known issue with it ? Could it be related to the fact that the card has the capability to mount its own hardware CAM ?

I attach the log if it could be useful.

However I'm already happy with this single card configuration, the second one is just a "nice to have"....

ciao
Gian Piero
I'm really happy to hear that

Regarding your FireDTV, I've no experience with that card whatsoever, sorry.

How many DVBDCC-Tuner-xx.log files you've got? Can you please send me those if more than 1? From your log it looks like that only one card (Technotrend) is declared in SageTV? How the FireDTV is declared in SageTV? Is it crashing as soon run SageTV or when trying to tune? Did you use that card to descramble before and how? What actually convinced you to do the switch to this plugin?

If you have two or more satellite feeds, may I recommend the TBS6985 instead? It works really well natively in SageTV.

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 02-23-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
How many DVBDCC-Tuner-xx.log files you've got?
The S2-3200 is already configured and working. I try to add a new source, I can select the Firedtv, but as soon as I select "digital TV tuner" sagetv crashes.
The second DVBDCC-Tuner-01.log is created just immediately before, it is attached
Quote:
Can you please send me those if more than 1? From your log it looks like that only one card (Technotrend) is declared in SageTV?
as above, the Technotrend is already running, in the last lines of the log you can see that I tried to add the FireDTV
Quote:
How the FireDTV is declared in SageTV? Is it crashing as soon run SageTV or when trying to tune?
I think that as soon as you select "digital TVtuner" sage tries to tune the card, here it crashes
Quote:
Did you use that card to descramble before and how? What actually convinced you to do the switch to this plugin?
In my previous configuration I used the FireDTV with the Samsung CAM for tivusat, whilst the Technotrend was dedicated to Sky using DVBE4Sage. Now I unsubscribed SKY and so I wanted to use both cards for tivusat.

ciao
Gian Piero
Attached Files
File Type: txt DVBDCC-Tuner-01.txt (1.6 KB, 163 views)
Old 02-24-2014, 04:27 PM
Sage Icon

Ah..ha, I think you've just discovered a bug in the plugin (not the filter), please disable the plugin (not the filter), then add the FireDTV, then enable the plugin and restart, in the following order, SageTV service and OSCAM (as the new oscam.conf and oscam.user are generated) and let me know....

Coraggio vedrai che funziona

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 02-24-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Sage User

sorry,

but still no success...
Plugin disabled, but as soon as I try to add the card sagetv crashes.
I attach the log.

grazie per il supporto
Attached Files
File Type: zip tivusat.zip (346.5 KB, 161 views)
Old 02-24-2014, 05:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
sorry,

but still no success...
Plugin disabled, but as soon as I try to add the card sagetv crashes.
I attach the log.

grazie per il supporto
OK, I'm pretty convinced about this, please do this:

- Uninstall the plugin and unregister the filter, remove the key and restart SageTV service
- Post the FireDTV .FRQ file name i need to see the syntax of the name of the file
- Install both DVB cards first, make sure they both tune on unencrypted channels and have the same lineup.
- Install the plugin in admin mode

Dai, dai, dai, dai che funziona, un altro Italiano che usa questo software
Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 02-24-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:26 PM
Sage User

So,

with the plugin deinstalled I can set up the card.
Unfortunately as soon as I reinstall the plugin and I try to tune on the card, sagetv crashes.
This is the .frq file (moved to .txt just to attach it).

ciao
Gian Piero
Attached Files
File Type: txt FireDTV BDA Receiver DVBS-0-DVB-S.txt (7.0 KB, 177 views)
Old 02-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So,

with the plugin deinstalled I can set up the card.
Unfortunately as soon as I reinstall the plugin and I try to tune on the card, sagetv crashes.
This is the .frq file (moved to .txt just to attach it).

ciao
Gian Piero
can I see the latest sagetv_0.log at the time of crash? also, is the content of the firedtv frq file the same as the technotrend one? are both lineups th same? finally, how do you know that sagetv is using the firedtv tuner, are you trying to tune from the tuner setup, becuse that will not work, the best way is to record one channel whilst watching another this way you're sure that both tuners are used.

Last edited by routerunner; 02-24-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:01 PM
Sage User

here it is.

Please note that the problem seems related to the filter. If I deinstall just the plugin sagetv still crashes.
When I deinstall the DVB decrypter and smart card filter I can tune channel with the firedtv.

ciao
Gian Piero
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (315.7 KB, 180 views)
Old 02-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
here it is.

Please note that the problem seems related to the filter. If I deinstall just the plugin sagetv still crashes.
When I deinstall the DVB decrypter and smart card filter I can tune channel with the firedtv.

ciao
Gian Piero
If this is the case, then I have no way to test it without a FireDTV to play with. Unfortunately I don't know any one with that tuner

Eddy

Old 03-03-2014, 06:34 AM
Sage Icon

FireDTV update

I just wanted letting you know that I've fixed the issue with the FireDTV tuners which is now properly supported. Also, I've managed to fix another glitch that was happening with more than four simultaneous high bitrate (> 10 Mbps) HD recordings using the same smartcard. Finally, I've managed to further increase the channel tuning speed.

Expect a new release very soon

Thanks
Eddy

Old 03-06-2014, 02:10 PM
Sage User

Wonderful work, roadrunner !

Your support has been really unvaluable, I imagine a world with the same support with all the products that I bought.. magicland !

ciao
Gian Piero
Old 05-15-2014, 11:11 AM
Sage Icon

OSCAM update

Hi, I was experiencing some weird lockups recently with Tivusat smartcards and in some cases OSCAM process was taking up to 800Mb of RAM and any attempt to stop the SageTV service was failing dramatically to the point I had to power cycle the server.

I therefore updated OSCAM to a more recent version (not the latest) and it seems to have cured the lockups. I'll keep this new OSCAM version for a while before updating the repository and make it official, unless someone has any objection of course.

Also, as the plugin seems very reliable now, I was thinking of reducing the logging verbose level to errors only so that the tuner log files size will be dramatically reduced, again if anyone has objection please let me know.

Have fun! (and no, I'm not going to grow a pony tail and a pointy beard )

Eddy

Old 05-20-2014, 12:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV is not showing an available update for Plugin "DVB Decrypter Smartcard Server (OsCAM)" ... anything we can do to scan for available updates ? Maybe my SageTV server missed something because I'm using power save mode since a few weeks.

Tags
decryption, dvb, dvblogic, oscam, smartcard