SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

View Poll Results: Would you like this plugin working on Linux?
Yes, please 7 63.64%
No, thanks 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Log files attached whilst using version 0.04.
Two tuners tested DVB-T and DVB-S

Hope this helps.
Interesting...regarding the DVB-T log, do you recall the first channel did you tune on? I mean more than 400 encrypted channels is a bit worrying, however the next two channels you did tune in were just two PID (audio+video).

Unfortunately there isn't a "KingOfSat" equivalent for DVB-T to double check the PID like I did for the DVB-S.

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 03-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

I believe the first channel was 5*.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Do you still need logs from your latest version since i start testing it on a test system with one DVB-S card and by the way i'm poiting to Nimiq1 which is a North American bird ? The only thing is that no channel are working since i'm using a private card server to decrypt my channel and your plugin don't do this part yet.

Let me know.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nox71 View Post
Do you still need logs from your latest version since i start testing it on a test system with one DVB-S card and by the way i'm poiting to Nimiq1 which is a North American bird ? The only thing is that no channel are working since i'm using a private card server to decrypt my channel and your plugin don't do this part yet.

Let me know.
The logs are very important to me, so yes please. You said you pointed to Nimiq1 (91.1ºW), but according with LyngSat there isn't any channel there

Also, when you test the software please make sure that no other MDAPI plugin is installed. Of course scrambling is not supported as yet, but this stage is important to me to gather tuner issues. Which DVB-S card are you testing with?

Thanks
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 03-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
The logs are very important to me, so yes please. You said you pointed to Nimiq1 (91.1ºW), but according with LyngSat there isn't any channel there

Also, when you test the software please make sure that no other MDAPI plugin is installed. Of course scrambling is not supported as yet, but this stage is important to me to gather tuner issues. Which DVB-S card are you testing with?

Thanks
Eddy
Ok so here is my logs with no many info since only 2 channel are fta and all the other are encrypted.

Yes i'm pointing to Nimiq 1 which is now Nimiq 6 the move had been completed only a few months ago.

Do you have an eta on the first version that will support card client feature ?
Attached Files
File Type: zip DVBDCC_Tuner-00.zip (40.8 KB, 429 views)
Old 03-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ok so here is my logs with no many info since only 2 channel are fta and all the other are encrypted.

Yes i'm pointing to Nimiq 1 which is now Nimiq 6 the move had been completed only a few months ago.

Do you have an eta on the first version that will support card client feature ?
Thanks for the log.

Lots of re-sync, is your reception OK? Any pixellation in the picture? What are the tuner sync/quality signal values? If not sure how to get those two values, simply go to tuner setup, select one of the tuners select one of the FTA channels and hit play, in the SageTV debug log the two numbers will be listed every second.

ETA? Well, it is a big task and I'm doing it very slowly and quietly in my spare time as I want to get it right. I hope you understand and still want to provide help and support.

Thanks
Eddy

Old 03-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

It's normal since the card i'm using is a bit buggy (no WHQL Windows 7 drivers available so i have to run in test mode) and yes i get pixelisation in the image. For the quality of the signal it is very good so it's not the issue.

I'm using my good DVB-S adater in my production rig you can have details in my signature. I probably going to buy a new Genpix this spring so i can do my test with it in the next release or your filter.

Don't worry i'm patient since i got a working solution right using DVBLink but your filter will give me the option to remove completely a third party solution for the tuner reception which is something a factor of crash and additional problem.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
It's normal since the card i'm using is a bit buggy (no WHQL Windows 7 drivers available so i have to run in test mode) and yes i get pixelisation in the image. For the quality of the signal it is very good so it's not the issue.
OK, so I take you had problems before my filter...with that error rate you cannot have reliable decryption I'm afraid.

Quote:
I'm using my good DVB-S adater in my production rig you can have details in my signature. I probably going to buy a new Genpix this spring so i can do my test with it in the next release or your filter.
There are known issues with the Hauppauge NOVA DVB-S2, so I'll be curious about your Hauppauge DVBS whether it behaves differently. The issues are related to the way their DirectShow drivers present themselves in the filter graph which probably SageTV engineers had to take a different approach to make it working. This issue is not on top of my priority list as my tuners are all TBS6984 which are connecting perfectly, however I do have the misbehaving tuner (but not in my production rig) so I'll definitively have a look, but can't promise anything in the short term, sorry

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 03-08-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:41 AM
Sage Icon

TESTING?

I just wondering how the testing is it going? Any problems so far?

By the end of next week I'm going to release a very important version (0.0.0.5) that will be able to simultaneously decrypt, but with a fixed key, all your encrypted streams. Of course, as I'm using a fixed key, the encrypted channels will still not be "watchable" per say, but that will give me the real indication of the CPU load on your systems and help me to take the right direction for the future development of this plugin.

I understand that the majority of you hasn't got a spare system to play with, (I don't have one myself so I have to test my changes at night when my family is asleep and no major recording upcoming), but for the ones that do have a spare system I'll really appreciate your collaboration and feedback please.

Thanks
Eddy

Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Sage Expert

OK, just had chance to try the latest version.

All appears OK, no crashes, tuning with DVB-T and DVB-S (Nova S2), only just restarted the service but seems OK so far...

Logs attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DVBDCC-Tuner-07.zip (2.5 KB, 407 views)
Old 03-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire View Post
OK, just had chance to try the latest version.

All appears OK, no crashes, tuning with DVB-T and DVB-S (Nova S2), only just restarted the service but seems OK so far...

Logs attached.
Thanks starfire, interesting that now your Hauppauge NOVA-DVB-S2 seems working? Before it didn't, can you recall what you've done differently?

Eddy

Old 03-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Sage Expert

Using a newer version of your program, that's all.

I notice an encryption PID has been reported, not tuned into any encrypted channels yet

14-03-2013 14:12:14 [Logger] Start
14-03-2013 14:12:14 [Decrypter:ecrypter] Engine running
14-03-2013 14:12:14 [Transport::Transport] Engine running
14-03-2013 14:12:14 [CardClient::CardClient] Engine running
14-03-2013 14:15:11 [Decrypter::CheckInputType] Entry
14-03-2013 14:15:11 [Decrypter::CheckInputType] GetSampleSize = 131224
14-03-2013 14:15:11 [Decrypter::CheckInputType] Exit
14-03-2013 14:15:11 [Decrypter::CheckTransform] Entry
14-03-2013 14:15:11 [Decrypter::CheckTransform] Exit
14-03-2013 14:15:11 [Decrypter:ecideBufferSize] Entry
14-03-2013 14:15:11 [Decrypter:ecideBufferSize] Exit
14-03-2013 14:16:02 [Transport::Sync] Sample synced at offset 0
14-03-2013 14:19:44 [CardClient::AddPID] [1] Encryption PID = 1863
14-03-2013 14:19:44 [Decrypter::StopStreaming] Entry
14-03-2013 14:19:44 [CardClient::ResetAllPID] All PID removed
14-03-2013 14:19:44 [Decrypter::StopStreaming] Exit
Old 03-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire View Post
Using a newer version of your program, that's all.
hummm...I wonder whether should I be concerned. Did you remove your MDAPI filter before installing mine as I wonder what SageTV would do in that case...any way I'm happy that now works

Quote:
I notice an encryption PID has been reported, not tuned into any encrypted channels yet

14-03-2013 14:12:14 [Logger] Start
14-03-2013 14:12:14 [Decrypter:ecrypter] Engine running
14-03-2013 14:12:14 [Transport::Transport] Engine running
14-03-2013 14:12:14 [CardClient::CardClient] Engine running
14-03-2013 14:15:11 [Decrypter::CheckInputType] Entry
14-03-2013 14:15:11 [Decrypter::CheckInputType] GetSampleSize = 131224
14-03-2013 14:15:11 [Decrypter::CheckInputType] Exit
14-03-2013 14:15:11 [Decrypter::CheckTransform] Entry
14-03-2013 14:15:11 [Decrypter::CheckTransform] Exit
14-03-2013 14:15:11 [Decrypter:ecideBufferSize] Entry
14-03-2013 14:15:11 [Decrypter:ecideBufferSize] Exit
14-03-2013 14:16:02 [Transport::Sync] Sample synced at offset 0
14-03-2013 14:19:44 [CardClient::AddPID] [1] Encryption PID = 1863
14-03-2013 14:19:44 [Decrypter::StopStreaming] Entry
14-03-2013 14:19:44 [CardClient::ResetAllPID] All PID removed
14-03-2013 14:19:44 [Decrypter::StopStreaming] Exit
That PID entry is a actually I mistake on my side and you'll notice it constantly present no matter which tuner or channel you're tuning in, sorry

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 03-14-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
hummm...I wonder whether should I be concerned. Did you remove your MDAPI filter before installing mine as I wonder what SageTV would do in that case...any way I'm happy that now works
Yes I removed and unregistered the MDAPI and MDAPI+ filters prior to trying yours.

Some magic coding by you no doubt, I'm happy it works to
Old 03-15-2013, 06:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Eddy,

As previously discussed I can’t wait for this plugin. Can’t wait to ditch DVBLogic. Well all depending on your plugin.

I don’t have a test system but Im about to reinstall Windows on my Sage Server this weekend and will be fully testing your plugin before I reinstall DVBLogic. (Will also be fully testing by DigiGuide Plugin). The system has a mixture of DVB-S2 and DVB-T, Thou I don’t use the DVB-T tuners.

Anyway before doing that I have another SageTV Server running at my parents with only DVB-T cards so thought I would give it a test.

Its has 2 Nova TD 500 Cards which are dual DVB-T giving a total of 4 DVB-T Tuners.

Unfortunately things didn’t seem to go right. When I restarted SageTV I notice a Yellow Triangle in top right corner with errors “Warning – Capture Device Failure while starting data scan" for all 4 tuners

When I tuned into a channel I got Error (See attach Screen 1.png) This error would not disappear until I removed the Reg setting. (Also attached is the .reg file I used)

Now this might be down to an error on my side with the Reg Key that has cause a problem. Please can you look at the logs to see it anything jumps out at you?

Dean
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs_Files.zip (156.7 KB, 407 views)
Old 03-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Hi Eddy,

As previously discussed I can’t wait for this plugin. Can’t wait to ditch DVBLogic. Well all depending on your plugin.

I don’t have a test system but Im about to reinstall Windows on my Sage Server this weekend and will be fully testing your plugin before I reinstall DVBLogic. (Will also be fully testing by DigiGuide Plugin). The system has a mixture of DVB-S2 and DVB-T, Thou I don’t use the DVB-T tuners.

Anyway before doing that I have another SageTV Server running at my parents with only DVB-T cards so thought I would give it a test.

Its has 2 Nova TD 500 Cards which are dual DVB-T giving a total of 4 DVB-T Tuners.

Unfortunately things didn’t seem to go right. When I restarted SageTV I notice a Yellow Triangle in top right corner with errors “Warning – Capture Device Failure while starting data scan" for all 4 tuners

When I tuned into a channel I got Error (See attach Screen 1.png) This error would not disappear until I removed the Reg setting. (Also attached is the .reg file I used)

Now this might be down to an error on my side with the Reg Key that has cause a problem. Please can you look at the logs to see it anything jumps out at you?

Dean

Starfire had exactly the same problem with the Hauppauge NOVA, but the DVB-S2 version. He said that the only thing he's done is to re install the latest v0.0.0.4 version and the DVB-S2 now works properly.

Please make sure that all the MDAPI plugin you have installed are unregistered and removed from the system, it is possible that with all the experiment/frustration someone does there is still a copy registered in the system, also if you have Windows 64x version the registry entry is different than the 32x, I have updated the instructions already.

Saying that there is a bug with DVB-T which I have fixed already and will available in v0.0.0.5, but your issue is because of the pin mismatch during the DirectShow build graph phase which seems to interfere with an existing MDAPI filter.

Sorry for the frustration caused...

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 03-15-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

In the event anyone from the US has been watching this thread, and didn't realize that DVB is [currently] a European standard, no, your US cablecard tuner doesn't qualify.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

As promised.

I reinstalled Windows on my Sage Server yesterday and done some testing with your plugin.

Attached are my logs. I have tested DVB-T and DVB-S2.

This is the channels used.

DVBDCC-Tuner-00 DVB-T

BBC 1 FTA
C4 FTA
Sky Sports 1 Encrypted
ITV1 FTA
ESPN Encrypted
Sky Sports 2 Encrypted

DVBDCC-Tuner-03 DVB-S2

BBC 1 Wales FTA
Discovery HD Encrypted
Sky1 HD Encrypted
E4 HD Encrypted
BBC 1 London FTA
BBC 4 FTA

Hope this helps. I will be installing DVBLogic soon so if you need more testing then let me know. If you look at the logs for DVB-S2 the first channel I tuned into has 3454 PID’s

On side note my system has two Black Gold (BGT3560 I think) which are dual DVB-S2 and dual-DVB-T giving me 8 tuners in total. But for some reason Sage will only let me tune two DVB-S2 and two DVB-T giving me 4 tuners. When I add a tuner, DVB-T for example your plugin added two log file DVBDCC-Tuner-00 and DVBDCC-Tuner-01. You any ideas why this would be? Tuners work fine outside of Sage.

Dean
Attached Files
File Type: zip New Logs.zip (21.4 KB, 402 views)
Old 03-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Hope this helps. I will be installing DVBLogic soon so if you need more testing then let me know. If you look at the logs for DVB-S2 the first channel I tuned into has 3454 PID’s
That is the bug I mentioned early on...

Quote:
On side note my system has two Black Gold (BGT3560 I think) which are dual DVB-S2 and dual-DVB-T giving me 8 tuners in total. But for some reason Sage will only let me tune two DVB-S2 and two DVB-T giving me 4 tuners. When I add a tuner, DVB-T for example your plugin added two log file DVBDCC-Tuner-00 and DVBDCC-Tuner-01. You any ideas why this would be? Tuners work fine outside of Sage.
At this stage it is recommended to install all the tuners "before" installing the plugin, this way the log enumeration is consistent.

So a clean install fixed the DVB-T issue then...

TA
Eddy

Old 03-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

So a clean install fixed the DVB-T issue then...
No this was another Server. Think the issue with my other server is related to once having DVBLogic installed at some point. Just need to work out how to remove the MDAPI files.

Dean

Tags
decryption, dvb, dvblogic, oscam, smartcard