SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

View Poll Results: Would you like this plugin working on Linux?
Yes, please 7 63.64%
No, thanks 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2016, 11:53 PM
Sage User

Oscam on Raspberry

Eddy

Spun up oscam server on a Rasberry pi model b. Found the instructions incredibly confusing but got there somehow.

Like previous poster i was maybe hoping for faster card access, I occasionally get some picture freezes and glitches and not quite seamless recording transitions. But its about the same as before (c170ms). Maybe to be expected with extra code path through local sever and the network too.

Allan
Old 05-18-2016, 01:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alland View Post
Eddy

Spun up oscam server on a Rasberry pi model b. Found the instructions incredibly confusing but got there somehow.

Like previous poster i was maybe hoping for faster card access, I occasionally get some picture freezes and glitches and not quite seamless recording transitions. But its about the same as before (c170ms). Maybe to be expected with extra code path through local sever and the network too.

Allan
Sorry to hear that. I had quite the opposite experience since running the splitted oscam configuration.

Yes you have some 5/6 msec latency by doing that but in my case was worth it because I had so much gain from reading the card in linux that the latency was unnoticeable.

Also I made a completely stripped down version of oscam based from the same version I'm running on windows to support a pcsc card reader with nagravision only.

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 05-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Sage User

Missing oscam.user file

Eddy

This morning, after nightly reboot, my raspberry oscam setup is not working.

I cant see any of the 4 tuner users on the webinterface for the local sage server oscam. The file oscam.user is not in the directory.

I read that it is autogenerated if the oscam.server is altered. Have tried to alter this file and reboot, but still no file. How can i recreate the oscam.user file ?

Thanks
Allan

Last edited by alland; 05-18-2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Eddy

This morning, after nightly reboot, my raspberry oscam setup is not working.

I cant see any of the 4 tuner users on the webinterface for the local sage server oscam. The file oscam.user is not in the directory.

I read that it is autogenerated if the oscam.server is altered. Have tried to alter this file and reboot, but still no file. How can i recreate the oscam.user file ?

Thanks
Allan
Are the four tuners mounted correctly by STV? If the tuner are not working, and believe me it does happen more than you think, when your reboot STV then the filter is not loaded and consequently any housekeeping like the oscam.user file generation when necessary not is done.

Also if you have four tuners connected to the same viewing card I will expect only one user in the oscam.user file being generated and on the webinterface not four, unless you are using an old version of the filter.

Most importantly, please have a look at the DVBDCC-TUNER-XX.LOG for more information on what is happening. If the file are there but not updated that means that the filter, one instance for each tuner, is not loaded and then you immediately know that there is a tuner fault.

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 05-19-2016, 06:17 PM
Sage User

Restored missing oscam.users

Eddy

I restored the missing oscam.user file from backup.

I managed to get it working again with some adjustments to various settings in the oscam.server file, the DVBDCC log showed the following error message "ERROR: Please declare 'caid' after 'label' & 'group'!".

The DVBDCC clients communicate with the SageTV local Oscam server using cs378x (TCP) and the proxy communicates with the Raspberry Oscam using cs357x (UDP). Is that how you have configured your setup?

Cheers
Allan
Old 05-20-2016, 05:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Eddy

I restored the missing oscam.user file from backup.

I managed to get it working again with some adjustments to various settings in the oscam.server file, the DVBDCC log showed the following error message "ERROR: Please declare 'caid' after 'label' & 'group'!".

The DVBDCC clients communicate with the SageTV local Oscam server using cs378x (TCP) and the proxy communicates with the Raspberry Oscam using cs357x (UDP). Is that how you have configured your setup?

Cheers
Allan
Allan,

It is highly recommended that you are communicating with the remote OsCAM via cs378x (TCP) as well because UDP is a connection-less protocol and therefore there is no guarantee that OsCAM will receive the ECM/EMM, a simple network traffic collision could drop the UDP packet and because of the nature of connection-less protocols the sender has no knowledge on whether the packet has been delivered and I don't resend the ECM/EMM requests constantly every 100msecs like other solutions, but only when they change (after about 7/10 seconds to avoid keeping OsCAM too busy), instead by using a connection based protocol like TCP (cs378x) the network software layer checks that the packet reach destination by automatically resending the packet if necessary.

I use TCP connection on both local and remote OsCAM and never ever had a missing recording or a picture freeze.

Cheers
Eddy

Old 05-20-2016, 03:02 PM
Sage User

Hi,
I have just donated for the registered version because I would like to use this CAM solution for the Cine S2 tuners + Twin CAM module I am using. Unfortunately SageTV doesn't support this combination, so I really would like to make this work with DVB Decrypter :-).

I have tried to make it work, but really no clue how to configure the oscam.server to make it work.

Can someone help me into the right direction please?

Currently I have this configuration, but it isn't working.
Also no clue how to find the caid information.

[reader]
label = first_internal_reader
protocol = internal
device = /dev/sci1
group = 1
caid =
audisabled = 0
EMMcache = 1,3,2
blockemm-u = 0
blockemm-s = 0
blockemm-g = 0
blockemm-unknown = 1
Old 05-21-2016, 03:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oajungen View Post
Hi,
I have just donated for the registered version because I would like to use this CAM solution for the Cine S2 tuners + Twin CAM module I am using. Unfortunately SageTV doesn't support this combination, so I really would like to make this work with DVB Decrypter :-).

I have tried to make it work, but really no clue how to configure the oscam.server to make it work.

Can someone help me into the right direction please?

Currently I have this configuration, but it isn't working.
Also no clue how to find the caid information.

[reader]
label = first_internal_reader
protocol = internal
device = /dev/sci1
group = 1
caid =
audisabled = 0
EMMcache = 1,3,2
blockemm-u = 0
blockemm-s = 0
blockemm-g = 0
blockemm-unknown = 1
Hi,

thank you for the donation, I'll send you the key shortly when I get home.

I never tried your configuration before, however I think that as long as you have the windows drivers that mount your CAM as scsi devices oscam shouldn't have problem to access your viewing card via the pcmcia interface. Typically all users I know have a separate card reader connected via USB or serial port.

Regarding the 'caid' you just need to know your viewing card provider name and I can help you with looking for the right caid configuration.

The most important thing is that STV is able to see your tuner card properly and that you can watch a non encrypted channel without issues.

Eddy

EDIT:
After a bit of investigation, it looks unlikely that oscam will be able to read from your CAM because the oscam job IS to replace the CAM altogether and not to read from it. Basically the traditional CAM needs the whole transport stream where they can read the ECM and provide the control word, which is what oscam does, also with the hard-CAM you can descramble only one stream at time, whereas with a soft-CAM solution like oscam you can effectively decrypt more that one channel at time.
What you will need is to purchase an external card reader and I strongly recommend the 'HID Omnikey 3021 Usb Smart Card Reader' which is cheap and works a charm. The card reader uses the pcsc protocol and the version of oscam I distribute has the pcsc support included, please stay away from the RS232 card readers in windows.

Last edited by routerunner; 05-21-2016 at 04:28 AM.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:30 AM
Sage User

Thank you for the prompt reply! I have received the activation file. Will install when I get home later today.

The tuners are working for the FTA fine, so that's great. I am having issues with paid channels only because SageTV gives me an error message as soon as I activate the CAM in the DD software for the concerning S2 tuners. So the DD software also gives me the option to deactivate the CAM to the tuners, but the CAM itself stays available. It has is own entry and driver in the device overview of Windows.

I would like to try to use the DD Cam module. If it doesn't work I can buy I known USB reader.

Is there any information which I can share with you to help me?

Regards,
Olaf.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:32 AM
Sage User

I just read your edit. I will order the CAM reader and get back to you as soon as I have it installed.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I just read your edit. I will order the CAM reader and get back to you as soon as I have it installed.
The CAM support in oscam is more to do with reading cards within dedicated Linux based STB like the dreambox, however the limitations of one channel per CAM still applies.

If you have let's say 4 tuners, then with oscam you should be able to decrypt 4 channels simultaneously with a single viewing card. The theoretical maximum limit is quite tricky to calculate because depends from many factors, but a roughly 8 is what you could achieve without overheating the card too much.

Eddy

Old 05-21-2016, 05:39 AM
Sage User

Hi,
Just checked but the Reader you mention is only available with postal Delivery. I can get a Infinity USB SMART today.

As I understood the Infinity USB SMART is also working?
Old 05-21-2016, 05:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi,
Just checked but the Reader you mention is only available with postal Delivery. I can get a Infinity USB SMART today.

As I understood the Infinity USB SMART is also working?
I used the Infinity universal serial for awhile with mixed result, it was slow to return control words and sometimes the ftdi driver would crash because it wasn't whql.

I then switched to hdi and is faster and never had problems afterwards.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't work, this is just my experience.

What you could do is to buy it, try it and if doesn't work return it to the shop

Eddy

Old 05-21-2016, 08:00 AM
Sage User

And the omnikey 3121 which I bought is oke also I hope?
Old 05-21-2016, 08:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
And the omnikey 3121 which I bought is oke also I hope?
The 3121 is the same as the 3021 the only difference is the casing which on the 3121 is bigger and sit vertically on a desk. In short yes that would work.

What is your pay tv provider name?

Eddy

Old 05-21-2016, 10:33 AM
Sage User

Hi Eddy,
Sounds good :-).

I am using CanalDigitaal in the Netherlands.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi Eddy,
Sounds good :-).

I am using CanalDigitaal in the Netherlands.
OK, so in your oscam.server you will need to specify:

caid = 0100
ident = 0100:00006A

and smargo/pcsc interface will work.

Eddy

Old 05-21-2016, 10:49 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
OK, so in your oscam.server you will need to specify:

caid = 0100

and smargo/pcsc interface will work.

Eddy
Thank you! Will try in a little while. Now downloading all channels. Can take a little while.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:19 PM
Sage User

I have been able to connect to the smartcard, but do get an error in the log file concerning the loadbalancer.

I am running SageTV on a server as a service without a user login made, so at the login screen of Windows. Is het necessary to start the oscam.exe with parameters "-r2 -b" with the same user SageTV is using? I can start oscam.exe as a service for this purpose?

By the way I am still not able to play encrypted channels. I am using for oscam.server

[reader]
label = CanalDigitaal
protocol = PCSC
device = PCSC0
group = 1
caid = 0100
audisabled = 0 (Set 1 for BSkyB or 0 otherwise)
EMMcache = 1,3,2
blockemm-u = 0 (Set 1 for BSkyB or 0 otherwise)
blockemm-s = 0
blockemm-g = 0 (Set 1 for BSkyB or 0 otherwise)
blockemm-unknown = 1

LogFile
2016/05/21 20:12:27 0 s >> OSCam << cardserver started, version RossiSoft-v1.22-stable, build r10518 (i686-pc-cygwin-ssl-libusb-pcsc)
2016/05/21 20:12:27 0 s (main) System name = CYGWIN_NT-10.0-WOW
2016/05/21 20:12:27 0 s (main) Host name = Server
2016/05/21 20:12:27 0 s (main) Release = 1.7.34(0.285/5/3)
2016/05/21 20:12:27 0 s (main) Version = 2015-02-04 12:12
2016/05/21 20:12:27 0 s (main) Machine = i686
2016/05/21 20:12:27 0 s (main) creating pidfile /cygdrive/c/Users/olafj/AppData/Local/Temp/_oscam/oscam.pid with pid 8200
2016/05/21 20:12:27 0 s (config) userdb reloaded: 1 accounts loaded, 0 expired, 0 disabled
2016/05/21 20:12:27 0 s (main) signal handling initialized
2016/05/21 20:12:27 0 s (net) cs378x: initialized (fd=3, port=4768)
2016/05/21 20:12:27 0 s (stat) loadbalancer: can't read from file /cygdrive/c/Users/olafj/AppData/Local/Temp/_oscam/stat
2016/05/21 20:12:27 0 s (main) waiting for local card init
2016/05/21 20:12:27 2009F168 h (webif) webif: decompressed 158352 bytes back into 377036 bytes
2016/05/21 20:12:27 2009F168 h (webif) HTTP Server running. ip=0.0.0.0 port=3001
2016/05/21 20:12:28 0 s (main) init for all local cards done
2016/05/21 20:12:28 0 s (anticasc) anti cascading disabled
Old 05-21-2016, 12:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have been able to connect to the smartcard, but do get an error in the log file concerning the loadbalancer.
No you haven't, the oscam log doesn't show the device being opened and the card entitlements being read, also the balancer is not necessary as I do balance the card load on behalf of oscam.

Quote:
I am running SageTV on a server as a service without a user login made, so at the login screen of Windows. Is het necessary to start the oscam.exe with parameters "-r2 -b" with the same user SageTV is using? I can start oscam.exe as a service for this purpose?
With the -b option oscam runs in background, sort of "as service" mode in windows and -r2 means that it will automatically restart in case oscam should crash. I do run STV on a headless server and oscam starts within a windows scheduled task.

Quote:
By the way I am still not able to play encrypted channels. I am using for oscam.server

[reader]
label = CanalDigitaal
protocol = PCSC
device = PCSC0
group = 1
caid = 0100
audisabled = 0 (Set 1 for BSkyB or 0 otherwise)
EMMcache = 1,3,2
blockemm-u = 0 (Set 1 for BSkyB or 0 otherwise)
blockemm-s = 0
blockemm-g = 0 (Set 1 for BSkyB or 0 otherwise)
blockemm-unknown = 1
I did send you an email few hours ago with the correct oscam.server, I repeat here and update for your convenience.

Code:
[reader]
label = CanalDigitaal
protocol = pcsc
device = 0
audisabled = 0
EMMcache = 0,1,0
blockemm-unknown = 1
group = 1
caid = 0100
Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 05-21-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Tags
decryption, dvb, dvblogic, oscam, smartcard