SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

View Poll Results: Would you like this plugin working on Linux?
Yes, please 7 63.64%
No, thanks 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Sage Expert

Hi Eddy,

So will it be worthwhile installing if you cannot reach that 40Mb/s ?:-

Total of 65280 packets descrambled, 19.9 Mbits/s

Or will it still prove useful for you, I presume it will just disable so no danger of failed recordings etc?
Old 05-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire View Post
Hi Eddy,

So will it be worthwhile installing if you cannot reach that 40Mb/s ?:-

Total of 65280 packets descrambled, 19.9 Mbits/s

Or will it still prove useful for you, I presume it will just disable so no danger of failed recordings etc?
Hi Simon,

the 40Mbits is the worse case scenario and comes from the fact that satellite transponders have a maximum of ~40Mbits bandwidth. In case of bSkyb some transponders have all channels encrypted and that is the potential maximum bandwidth you need to cater for, in reality you need less as not all transponders are completely full in capacity, at least not the SD one.

If the filter cannot meet the bandwidth requirement it will go automatically into pass-through mode, so no recording will me missed. The test will still be useful for me as the only way to make this software reliable is to use it as much as possible and report issues here, however I'll understand if you don't want to use it, the last thing I want is to have your WAF under the feet

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 05-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Sage Icon

Change of plan...

The announced new v0.0.0.7 is postponed as I just found a bug in the new buffering mechanism that I need to sort out first, also the new version will not contain the scrambler as yet until I find a way to enable selective scrambling based on the currently recorded channel as the current all channels scrambling method is causing too much strain to the CPU.

For the time being I'm more interested on having the asynchronous buffering mechanism tested thoroughly and working properly as this is the basis of the whole project. I need to get the timing right because the whole SageTV recording engine is based around all the DirectShow filters in the graph behaving consistently.

As I said before, I'm not interested on how long this project it will take to complete (within reason of course), what I'm looking for is a robust and stable solution to enjoy for many years to come.

Thanks
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 05-07-2013 at 04:09 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Sage Icon

Coming back to this...

Just letting you know that after several weeks of forced interruption I'm finally back to this exciting project

I'm currently fixing a glitch that only one user reported so far, but for the rest is rock solid and very pleased with it

Thanks
Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 06-18-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Good to hear your back, looking forward to going native.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Sage Expert

Yep, good to hear your still on it
Old 06-19-2013, 03:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah keep it up. Can't wait.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:27 AM
Sage Icon

How many subscription card do you use?

Hi,

I need to make an important design decision on whether supporting one subscription card or multiple same/different subscription cards.

Both approaches are doable with different level of complexity, my personal needs are for one subscription card only, however I've no idea of the potential users of this filter and how people are using their existing non-native setups (in terms of how many same/different subscriptions cards they have) and if wanting to move to the native support how many card they expect to be supported. I therefore need to know your requirements in order to make the most sensible decision either by posting here, sending a PM or if you prefer at my email address, edoardo dot rossi dot home at gmail dot com

What I'm after is the total number of subscription cards you expect to use simultaneously with this filter either being the same or different.

Thanks
Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 07-02-2013 at 02:50 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:49 AM
Sage Icon

Just one for me. Not using it yet though.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 07-02-2013, 04:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Glad to see this is still going. Going to get sky in the next month or 2.
I think i'll only need one subscription card as I think they verify your BT sport with your Sky card.

Would it be possible to post what bits of software and what card reader you are using so i can get prepared. Im using a TBS6984 so should have a similar setup to you.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

I use three cards from two providers.

/Per
Old 07-02-2013, 04:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdisco View Post
Would it be possible to post what bits of software and what card reader you are using so i can get prepared. Im using a TBS6984 so should have a similar setup to you.
Hi,

I have the Infinity USB Unlimited which should work pretty well, however my major concern under Windows is the fact that OSCAM cannot access to USB ports natively but via FTDI (serial emulation) which limits the speed considerably.

My current OSCAM configuration uses the card at a baudrate of 115.200kbps and some ECM/EMM can be up to 256bytes, which means 22msec delay per request and considering that BSkyB changes ECM as quick as every 100msec that will impact the number of tuners that can be served simultaneously. However only experience will tell.

As extra software you only need the OSCAM server installed, but please don't do it now as I will provide all the necessary files in the right place when time will come.

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 07-02-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Would be just the one for me. I can't see me ever having more that this.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
Hi,

As extra software you only need the OSCAM server installed, but please don't do it now as I will provide all the necessary files in the right place when time will come.

Eddy
Thats great news as when ive looked into it before i could never really find all the correct stuff.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdisco View Post
Thats great news as when ive looked into it before i could never really find all the correct stuff.
Basically my DirectShow filter will act as a decrypter and a smartcard client, supporting only OSCAM running on Windows as card server, this way all the software chain is under strict control and it is dedicated to SageTV only (cannot be used by graphedit) and will work even in service mode.

Sorry, but I had to make this strict decisions in order to guarantee its quality.

Eddy

Old 07-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Would be just the one for me. I can't see me ever having more that this.
Never say never my friend

Old 07-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by perf View Post
I use three cards from two providers.

/Per
Hi,

can you please let me know the name/type of your three smartcards, via PM of here? I'm making the configuration file or if you are already using OSCAM as card server you can send me your "oscam.server" file please.

Thanks
Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 07-03-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unfortunately, I only have access to one card at the moment. I am in a summer house, with access only to DVB-T: Swedish provider Boxer, using Viaccess. I have attached an image of the card and the CA module.

In my permanent house, I use two Boxer cards and also a card from DVB-C provider Com Hem. Com Hem uses Conax.

I use AnySee E7 T2C tuners, via DVBLink.

/Per
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boxer.jpg (145.4 KB, 506 views)
Old 07-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Use a Linux box using oscam / cccam with single card.
No performance issues but did originally start trying windows only solutions but none of them worked reliably. Closest I got with windows was newcs.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by perf View Post
Unfortunately, I only have access to one card at the moment. I am in a summer house, with access only to DVB-T: Swedish provider Boxer, using Viaccess. I have attached an image of the card and the CA module.

In my permanent house, I use two Boxer cards and also a card from DVB-C provider Com Hem. Com Hem uses Conax.

I use AnySee E7 T2C tuners, via DVBLink.

/Per
Do you have an external smartcard reader (USB/Serial)? Your cards are not on my list and will require some research to find the right parameters for oscam, however oscam should be able to detect your card and display the info I need. When you're back to your main house can you bring the summer house card with you as well? I'll probably post the OSCAM install shortly to start people getting use to it. There will be only one file to create manually as the other ones will be autogenerated by the filter.

Eddy

Tags
decryption, dvb, dvblogic, oscam, smartcard