SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

View Poll Results: What is the next major feature that you would like to see in the Android App
Watch Later (Transcode and Download) 14 34.15%
Resume Transcode 6 14.63%
Seek/Skip during Transcode 15 36.59%
Update metadata 3 7.32%
Movie Centric View 2 4.88%
Music centric View 4 9.76%
Schedule Recordings 20 48.78%
Manage Favorites 9 21.95%
EPG Grid View 17 41.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2013, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
That's what the "no transcode" option (or "Play on device" from TaSageTV) already does... It just pulls the file through http and plays it back. Might not be as efficient as the "direct play" from Plex, but is probably very close...
Sweet. Didn't know that.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Sage Expert

I just got this working on my wifi (I can finally take SageTV to bed and watch on my Tablet! ).

I'm not sure if there would be any copyright issues, but I would like to have a more Sage-Like GUI.

On a 10" tablet there's a lot of wasted real estate that could display So much more information.

Just my humble generic 2 cents.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 08-17-2013, 07:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp View Post
I just got this working on my wifi (I can finally take SageTV to bed and watch on my Tablet! ).

I'm not sure if there would be any copyright issues, but I would like to have a more Sage-Like GUI.

On a 10" tablet there's a lot of wasted real estate that could display So much more information.

Just my humble generic 2 cents.
Thanks for the feedback. To be honest, I haven't put much effort into a separate tablet layout (although I should ). I'm hoping in a couple months to get back to working on this, but sadly, I've been took busy with work and other projects to give it more TLC
Old 08-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Sage User

How to?

This app is very cool installed yesty. Just wondering if there is a way to not allow deletes of movies and or tv shows from configuration so kids doesn't accidentally deletes shows.

Also on tv shows if only one episode is available it seems that when I try to click down the menu never pops up with options ot allow me to watch it etc.

Nice work!
Old 09-01-2013, 03:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoeyjojo View Post
This app is very cool installed yesty. Just wondering if there is a way to not allow deletes of movies and or tv shows from configuration so kids doesn't accidentally deletes shows.

Also on tv shows if only one episode is available it seems that when I try to click down the menu never pops up with options ot allow me to watch it etc.

Nice work!
Thanks. The part about the delete, is a good idea. I haven't added any abilities to limit actions based on roles, etc, but it would be a good idea. (unfortunately, I have long list of things that I'd like to implement )

As for the single item issue. I just tried this on my device, and I get the option to play it. When you have have a single item, and you select it, do you go into the detail view for that item? (ie, shows actors, etc).

You should post your device, android version, etc, and maybe I can try to replicate it.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Sage Expert

This sounds like it might be the same thing I ran into:

https://code.google.com/p/sagephoeni.../detail?id=160
Old 09-03-2013, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargason View Post
This sounds like it might be the same thing I ran into:

https://code.google.com/p/sagephoeni.../detail?id=160
Interesting.... When you go to the detail view, can you use the "Context Menu" button on the phone? The tripple dot menu (upper right hand corner) may only work/show on the 4.x devices, on older device, you have to use the hardware menu button.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Sage Expert

I've since upgraded my phone to a Galaxy S4, which behaves the same -- no triple-dot menu, but the 'hardware' context menu button does work. I'm surprised I didn't notice that before...
Old 09-04-2013, 05:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargason View Post
I've since upgraded my phone to a Galaxy S4, which behaves the same -- no triple-dot menu, but the 'hardware' context menu button does work. I'm surprised I didn't notice that before...
That is interesting... I thought it might be a version issue... but S4 is running 4.x. When I get some time, I'll start back up on this app again... there's bunch of stuff in my queue that I need/want to add, so I'll look into this as well.