SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Android App: Phoenix for SageTV

I've started to put together a SageTV app that is a companion app for Phoenix (and possible Gemstone).

To use the App, you must have the latest Phoenix Core Services (2.3.61) installed and you must have SageTV Remote API Services installed. (see the quick start install guide)

App Download (Google Play)
Google+ Page

Feature Poll #1

The Google Play Store has current screenshots and information on what is working (and not working)

Last edited by stuckless; 03-02-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Cool... Now I am going to have to get an Android device to try this out

k
Old 10-14-2012, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Cool... Now I am going to have to get an Android device to try this out

k
I'm to have to get some information from you on how I start the playback of a video file inside Gemstone. I know on Phoenix, the Play() method will start the playback and navigate to the Phoenix OSD... I'll need to know what the Gemstone OSD is called so that I can navigate to it, when Play() is called on Gemstone.

As it stands there's nothing in the App that is Phoenix specific, except for the "Play on TV" option.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Sage Expert

Just testing this out, it fails to connect to my local IP (Tried my DNS name too as my router allows me to do that)

Phoenix core services upgraded to 2.3.51
Sagex services already at 7.1.9.12

When I started the app, looking for sage servers returns nothing. I manually added my IP:8080 with the web server login details. This gives 'Unable to connect to server' When I test this connection I get 'Connection failed: not found'

When I looked through the logcat on the phone, I noticed Phoenix app appeared to be trying to connect to : http://192.168.0.22:8080/sagex/api?e...tServerAddress Which also gives a 'Not found' error

What have I missed ?

Thanks

[Edit] This was on my phone running Jelly Bean but my tablet on Honeycomb has the same problem [/edit]
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,

Last edited by brewston; 10-14-2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Added more details
Old 10-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Sage Expert

What I should have said was....

sagex not installed.

Installed it and its now connected fine

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time
Old 10-14-2012, 05:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm to have to get some information from you on how I start the playback of a video file inside Gemstone. I know on Phoenix, the Play() method will start the playback and navigate to the Phoenix OSD... I'll need to know what the Gemstone OSD is called so that I can navigate to it, when Play() is called on Gemstone.

As it stands there's nothing in the App that is Phoenix specific, except for the "Play on TV" option.
When I get back home I will look this over if another Gemstone user hasn't already jumped ahead of me. but we do have a common play widget so I guess I just need to let you know the widget to call???? At this time Gemstone is NOT using the Phoenix core play command but we still planned on changing that.

k
Old 10-14-2012, 06:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
When I get back home I will look this over if another Gemstone user hasn't already jumped ahead of me. but we do have a common play widget so I guess I just need to let you know the widget to call???? At this time Gemstone is NOT using the Phoenix core play command but we still planned on changing that.

k
For now, all I need to know is how to tell if gemstone is loaded, and what the Widget chain is called that needs to be executed. For Phoenix, after I call "Play()" I then execute the widget change, "QISRJ-234858".
Old 10-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have an issue with the app not loading any information. Keeps saying that it failed to get server information. I am able to load http://<IP>:8080/sagex/api?encoder=json&c=GetServerAddress. I get the server name returned. I've tried both local and remote to the network.

I'm running the default STV only, but I have all the phoenix plugins installed. I just updated the API's this morning and restarted sage.

Please advise.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Pretty nice already.
I'm running diamond simplified as my interface but this still kinda works. I am able to view my scheduled recordings except every one shows a recording date of December 31, 1969 at 7:00pm. It also shows all my recent recordings but with the same date....

I can connect to my clients, long press a recording or an imported video and it will play on my HD200. The only problem is that it comes up in the preview window on the main menu instead of full screen. I know you said nothing about Diamond support but thought I had to give it a try anyway.

Is there a way to Name the clients? IE: Basement, Living room etc?
Old 10-15-2012, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
I have an issue with the app not loading any information. Keeps saying that it failed to get server information. I am able to load http://<IP>:8080/sagex/api?encoder=json&c=GetServerAddress. I get the server name returned. I've tried both local and remote to the network.

I'm running the default STV only, but I have all the phoenix plugins installed. I just updated the API's this morning and restarted sage.

Please advise.
IN the server configuration, I would verify that the server : port is correct (ie, no http://, etc, just the ip address and port)

Also verify that the username/password is correct (ie, look for uppercase letter, space a the end, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgeezer View Post
Pretty nice already.
I'm running diamond simplified as my interface but this still kinda works. I am able to view my scheduled recordings except every one shows a recording date of December 31, 1969 at 7:00pm. It also shows all my recent recordings but with the same date....

I can connect to my clients, long press a recording or an imported video and it will play on my HD200. The only problem is that it comes up in the preview window on the main menu instead of full screen. I know you said nothing about Diamond support but thought I had to give it a try anyway.

The incorrect date is an known issue... I'll have to push out an updated phoenix build at some point so that I get the correct dates returned.

As for the play, that would be expected behaviour when Phoenix UI is not loaded. At some point, someone will have to tell me the widget chain to execute for the default stv, and I can fix that

For the most part, there is nothing Phoenix UI specific about this app, except the "Play" portion. Everything else should work the same provided that phoenix-core is installed and sagex-services is installed.

And I have to add any tablet optimizations. So it looks pretty crappy on a tablet
Old 10-15-2012, 01:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Just did a quick install on my phone on my lunch break, and it connects fine to my server, and displays a MENU with 4 items, all of which return no data. not home, so can't troubleshoot further than that, just thought I'd post up the results so far.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-15-2012, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Just did a quick install on my phone on my lunch break, and it connects fine to my server, and displays a MENU with 4 items, all of which return no data. not home, so can't troubleshoot further than that, just thought I'd post up the results so far.
Just make sure you have phoenix core 2.3.51 installed on the server. I don't explicitly check for it in the app (but I should), but there are new apis that I've added in 2.3.51 that are required.

If you are running 2.3.51 and you still get no data, then I may have to add a "view log" option in order to troubleshoot
Old 10-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgeezer View Post

Edit webserver/extenders property file - The web server doesn't seem to populate it any more
Old 10-15-2012, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just make sure you have phoenix core 2.3.51 installed on the server. I don't explicitly check for it in the app (but I should), but there are new apis that I've added in 2.3.51 that are required.

If you are running 2.3.51 and you still get no data, then I may have to add a "view log" option in order to troubleshoot
Yeah, that's probably it (from BMTWeb it looks like I've still got 2.3.47), I'll have to update it when I get home.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
At some point, someone will have to tell me the widget chain to execute for the default stv, and I can fix that
Ideally everyone should have stick with the original SageTV naming convention, when possible...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 10-15-2012, 03:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Yeah, that's probably it (from BMTWeb it looks like I've still got 2.3.47), I'll have to update it when I get home.
So updated, and it seems to work great. What is the expected functionality of the 'Play On Device' action item?

Old 10-15-2012, 04:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
IN the server configuration, I would verify that the server : port is correct (ie, no http://, etc, just the ip address and port)

Also verify that the username/password is correct (ie, look for uppercase letter, space a the end, etc)
(
I verified that I only have the DNS entry :8080. The default had the local IP when I was at home and I had the same issue. I click on test connection and I get a response that states connection OK. I also verified that the password is correct.

From BMT about Phoenix:
Version
sagex.api Version
Fanart Enabled
false
Automatic Metadata/Fanart Lookups Enabled
true
Loaded VFS Views
Old 10-15-2012, 05:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
I verified that I only have the DNS entry :8080. The default had the local IP when I was at home and I had the same issue. I click on test connection and I get a response that states connection OK. I also verified that the password is correct.

From BMT about Phoenix:
Version
sagex.api Version
Fanart Enabled
false
Automatic Metadata/Fanart Lookups Enabled
true
Loaded VFS Views
The sagex api seems really out of date. It should be at 7.1.9.12.

Check if there are updates for sagex-api/sagex-services to the latest, restart, and test again.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The sagex api seems really out of date. It should be at 7.1.9.12.

Check if there are updates for sagex-api/sagex-services to the latest, restart, and test again.
Thinking there is a bug in the BMT UI that limits the number of characters that shows up. Just checked via the Installed Plugins on Sage directly and sagex-services - SageTV Remote API Services and sagex-api - SageTV API Extensions are at version 7.1.9.12.

Also, I'm running on ICS (4.0.4).
Old 10-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Sage Expert

If you're having trouble getting it to work, make sure you have the sagex-services plugin installed. I just installed the app and it didn't work until I installed that plugin. Apparently it's not a pre-req for the webserver, bmt, gemstone, phoenix, etc. so it doesn't get installed unless you manually install it or have another plugin that requires it.

I have it on my Samsung Infuse running... gingerbread I think, and my Asus Transformer Tablet running ICS. Seems to work fine in either case. The only problem is that it leaves me wanting more!