SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Need some help for a clean-up project

Hi,

I have 2 systems in my basement: A Sagetv system with (3) HD-PVR, and a mythtv System with HDHR3-CC-US. I really like the HD300 on my sagetv system, so I have cobbled the 2 systems together and shared all my mythtv recordings into Sagetv. That was fine, but here's the situation.

My first attempt at sharing was to put all the recordings (spread across 5 drives) into 1 directory via soft links (ln -sf ...). And I had created .properties files for each recording. That worked mostly ok, but my recording space was kind of screwy (I have -3TB of recording space available). So what I decided to do was go ahead and link all my mythtv recordings back to their original location. So, I added all 5 shares into sagetv and scanned. And it did exactly what I suspected it would, it created 2 entries for each recording: 1 pointed to //mythtv1/tv (the linked directory) and 1 pointed to //mythtv1/diskx/video, which is where the physical recording is located.

What I would like to know is, is there a way to get rid of all recordings in sagetv that have a Location of //mythtv1/tv/......? I have already removed the recording location, now I just need to get rid of the files.

I went through some this morning and did them manually. I got rid of all the 'A's, and it took over 30 minutes. I have a few hours of recordings on mythtv (I've had it for over 6 years, so have some history), and while I can do it manually, an automated method would obviously be more precise. I don't even care if it's much faster, I'll let it run for a few days if necessary, just so long as I don't have to do all the button presses.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:05 AM
SageTVaholic

You need to recreate the directory (mythtv1/tv) and make sure that directory is completely empty. When SageTV refreshes its scan it will see that there are no files in that directory and should just remove all the entries that reference it. Once that is done you can safely delete that directory.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks so much, that did the trick. I did have to restart my Sagetv Services to make it happen, but after the restart, all the /mythtv1/tv duplicates were gone.... Yay!