SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Media Library doesn't recognize .ts files recorded by Sage

Hi,

When a season of a series I want to save ends, I typically copy the recordings out of the Recordings directly and into a Media Library directory. Yes, I know this is what archiving is for, but I like this method better because of the way I have customized my menus with ADM.

Problem is, the Media Library import will not recognize the .ts files that are created by Sage recordings via my HDPVR. It is only recognizing content that I get from other sources that are in .mp4, .mkv, or mpg format. Does anyone know why this would be. I'm using HD300 extenders at the TV.

Thanks,
Peter

Sage Server - Dual Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, 4 TB RAID 0 Disk, 5 x HD-PVR (BellTV HD), 5 x USB-UIRT, Windows 7 64-Bit on VMWare ESXI 5.1, SageTV 9.x Open Source
Clients #1 to #3 - HD300
Client #4 - Shield Android TV running Mini Client
Client #5 - Sony Bravia Android TV running Mini Client
Old 06-04-2013, 10:55 AM
SageTVaholic

It probably recognizes them as recordings and puts them in the TV/Recordings menu.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Also if you manually moved them to another location I think they'll probably have the archive bit set. So did you check the archived items?
Old 06-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, you guys are right. They are still showing up as Archived recordings even though I cut them out of the Recordings directory and pasted them into my Media Library folders. I went into each one and unchecked the archive checkmark, but then they re-appear as Recordings. I guess this is a feature!

I'm going to try copying instead of a cut and paste. If the new copies show up in the Media Library, I'll just delete the originals from Recordings. Should that work?

Thanks.

Sage Server - Dual Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, 4 TB RAID 0 Disk, 5 x HD-PVR (BellTV HD), 5 x USB-UIRT, Windows 7 64-Bit on VMWare ESXI 5.1, SageTV 9.x Open Source
Clients #1 to #3 - HD300
Old 06-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

If you want to remove them from the recording listing you will have to remove the "recording" flag. Sage remembers that they were a recording and not an import. I know you can do remove the flag with the BMT plugin.. you also might be able to do this with the web interface plugin as well.. I don't believe there is a stock way to do what you want to do...

You also might want to try stripping the airing ID off the filename.. but then you lose your metadata, probably..
Old 06-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

I tried making a copy of the files in question and from within Sage Recordings, I deleted the originals. The original airings are now gone from Recordings and are not in the Archive either. However, the Media Library will still not recognize the copy of the files. Even though they are there in the file system, they aren't showing up anywhere in Sage now.

Can I still try what jbuszkie recommended - using BMT to remove the "recording" flag or will they not even be there now to do that?

Clients #1 to #3 - HD300
Old 06-05-2013, 07:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by plawlor View Post
I tried making a copy of the files in question and from within Sage Recordings, I deleted the originals. The original airings are now gone from Recordings and are not in the Archive either. However, the Media Library will still not recognize the copy of the files. Even though they are there in the file system, they aren't showing up anywhere in Sage now.

Can I still try what jbuszkie recommended - using BMT to remove the "recording" flag or will they not even be there now to do that?
If you still have the copy... copy it back to the original destination and do a library scan..
Old 06-05-2013, 07:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

One other thing to check...

in the properties file... make sure the ts is a valid import format..
Code:
seeker/video_library_import_filename_extensions=.mpg,.mpeg,.mp2,.mpeg2,.mpe,.avi,.divx,.mpg1,.ts,.wmv,.asf,.wm,.tivo,.m2t,.vob,.flv,.mp4,.mov,.trp,.m4v,.ogm,.3gp,.mkv,.dvr-ms,.m2ts,.mts,.tp,.iso
That was mine. make sure you have .ts in there.

Jim
Old 06-06-2013, 05:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

.ts was already a valid import extension in my properties file, so that wasn't it.

I installed BMT as was previously suggested and with it, was able to "un-import" these recordings. As soon as I did that, they were recognized in the Media Library. Thanks for your help everyone. In the process, I discovered a pretty neat tool in BMT.

Clients #1 to #3 - HD300