SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
that right there makes me unhappy.
chill........read the update...........false alarm it seems
Old 08-26-2013, 09:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Yep. They killed it pretty quick. Still a very new product that I'm sure we'll see some custom firmware for that will do what we want. Just not yet.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
Yep, just read the article. Seems that they want to wait until the production SDK is out. Makes more sense now. Thanks.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
phew!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Sage Expert

Do folks actually think that netflix has instituted custom transcoding for streams going to chromecast or have they just added the logic that allows a button that says don't play to the IP I'm interacting with, play on this other IP?

If the latter, then how about adding that logic to the sage web ui. Browse the sage recordings on your smartphone or computer and then cast them to the chromecast module on the TV you want them on?

Plex could add this same functionality.

Basically, seems like once the SDK is out anyone should be able to add chromecast logic to video file playback lists in web browsers. Then if you browse your list of data from a web browser, then the source/server of that web page can hand the data for playback to the chromecast of your choice.

Or at least I think that's how it works. Does that sound right to folks or...?

Thanks
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 09-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Sage Icon

optimizing tab casting?

Does anybody know if it is possible to optimize chromecast's casting of tabs? Perhaps via some black magic, like dshow filters, etc? (sorry, i'm mainly a linux guy).

The story is that I just got a chromecast. My main purpose for getting it was to be able to watch NFL Rewind (flash streaming) on my TV via chromecast without being tied to an HDMI cable. The problem is that if I cast in any decent quality (720p ), the video on the TV is choppy, and the laptop (win7, core i5-2520M) is at 100% CPU across all cores according to task manager. I have the same results with a linux laptop (which is why I tried the win7 laptop).

I'm just wondering if there is some video encoding / decoding lib that I need. This is a fresh win7 SP1 install on a thinkpad T520, with no 3rd party software installed except Lenovo shovelware & chrome. It does have an nvidia graphics chip, so I'd think that something could be offloaded to that (which is why I was hoping this laptop would work better).

Thanks,

Drew

PS: I've also tried it docked, so that it is using wired ethernet to the router/wireless base station, and it has a power profile allowing for max performance.
Client: Nvidia Shield (HD300, HD100 in storage)

Last edited by drewg; 09-22-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Sage User

I am not an expert in decoders etc... but I have messed around with it a bit and had no luck. It seems that the only ones that really work for anything serious are the built in one, like Netflix, hulu plus, etc...