SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom View Post
But once you delete the show, if it isn't marked Watched, doesn't Sage record it again?
Yes Sage will record it again... If you delete it in Plex or other front end after watching it Sage will record it again if it re-airs.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Sage Icon

There is no substitute for SageTV.

Plex is not a SageTV integration... so of course it has no real functionality other than to play some media it sees on a network share...

Hard to understand why after putting in so much great effort on P1 and P2 that folks would want to give up on SageTV in favor of some partial solution like Plex.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
There is no substitute for SageTV.

Plex is not a SageTV integration... so of course it has no real functionality other than to play some media it sees on a network share...

Hard to understand why after putting in so much great effort on P1 and P2 that folks would want to give up on SageTV in favor of some partial solution like Plex.
I went back to the StocK STV with just certain themes and plugins because I knew eventually this would happen. I no longer use full UI replacements.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom View Post
But once you delete the show, if it isn't marked Watched, doesn't Sage record it again?
There is no bi-directional syncing of Sage Watched statuses. Plex will pull in watched status from Sage, but thats as far as it goes. I have heard that at least one person i know was said they had it working with SJQ, but thats about all I know.

As a side note, I always find it interesting how people get so worked up about people who make a decision to no longer do something they were once committed to. If bialio's media needs have changed and he wants to move in a different direction, lets give him a hard time and try and make him feal bad about it with snide comments rather than thank him for his TO DATE AMAZING work!

GREAT AMAZING WORK Bialio. I know my sage days were 100% better and enriched by the countless hours of free time you, stuckless, slugger, jreichen, fuzzy, PluckyHD, {and so many more I have forgotten} donated to the sageTV product/platform

I reread said "snide" comments, and I think that was a little out of line. It just sorta pissed me right off when i read it :-)
Old 08-20-2013, 01:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Sage is great. But it's not acceptably integrated with video from the cloud - and never will be. Plex doesn't do everything that sage does. But it's close, and will likely get closer as time goes by. It already fast surpasses sage in some areas...
btl.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Bialio - is it possible to do more with uPnP views from a fan art/metadata perspective in Sage? Or is it pretty limited due to core functionality, or just the nature of the data being non-persistant....
Old 08-22-2013, 01:09 AM
SageTVaholic

There is a little more that is possible with uPnP views. But for me the kicker is that I can't find a uPnP source that is HD - playon is handy in a pinch but it's quality is not there yet...

btl.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:49 PM
SageTVaholic

So, now that we are rolling back into 'TV' season, I find myself back in Sage more often than not. I've got recordings of old and new favorites, comskip working, etc. So maybe phoenix isn't TOTALLY dead.

Plex is promising, but it falls very short of the usability of a well tuned P2 system. In my opinion of course

One thing that IS promising is using PLEX as the uPNP server - it seems to serve up a higher quality video feed than playon. I'll investigate this more if I ever have time.

btl.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Your opinion is a good one.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
So, now that we are rolling back into 'TV' season, I find myself back in Sage more often than not. I've got recordings of old and new favorites, comskip working, etc. So maybe phoenix isn't TOTALLY dead.

Plex is promising, but it falls very short of the usability of a well tuned P2 system. In my opinion of course

One thing that IS promising is using PLEX as the uPNP server - it seems to serve up a higher quality video feed than playon. I'll investigate this more if I ever have time.

btl.
That's good to know (My comskip appeared broken last week, so I've been waiting for some "new" shows to record, so that I can test/verify)
Old 09-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Haha, yay!

I'm finding myself more and more in the "recorded tv" section of my menus now too.

I noticed that night that my comskip isn't working either. I just moved my recordings back to the local box from my NAS (see this thread) so I assume it is just because I didn't fix the settings on the directory watcher properly, but we'll see.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Sage Expert

Any chance of getting a UPNP renderer into p2 ?
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 09-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I love P2 !

I keep my fingers crossed you will find some time to tweek HD200 support (TV, Music, Photos, Videos and Online Buttons). ;-)
Attached Images
File Type: png HD200-RC.png (46.1 KB, 202 views)
Old 10-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Interesting - i'll have to look at setting up Plex as an alternative to PlayOn.

Edit: We also love P2!