SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-29-2004, 01:05 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

SageTV V2.0.20 Maintenance Release

There is a new maintenance release available for Version 2.0 of SageTV. The release is version 2.0.20 and the following items have been fixed:

1. Fixed issue where using multiple Roslyn cards on some motherboards didn't work.
2. Fixed bug where SageTV would pause for 10-20 second on file loading/playback/seeking.
3. Fixed bug where a file would playback on the SageTVClient for only a couple of seconds and then stop. (the fix is on the server)
4. Fixed issue where the ATI eHome Wonder cards weren't supported correctly.
5. Fixed bug where unlicensed versions of SageTV/SageTVClient would quit unexpectedly without warning or any logged errors.
6. Fixed bug on SageTVClient where setting the quality for a Manual Recording didn't have any effect.

You only need to upgrade if you have experienced any of the above issues. There is no new functionality in this release. If you are experiencing these issues with the Client or with Recorder then update to their latest versions (2.0.20 for Client and 1.5.6 for Recorder). The new versions are available at www.sage.tv/download.html.

To upgrade just install the new version over any older version of SageTV. As always, it's recommended to make a backup of your Sage.properties and wiz.bin files before upgrading. Any support questions, should be directed via support request at www.sage.tv/request.html or use the forums for support from other customers.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 09-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is it possible to download version 2.0.19? 2.0.20 crashes on my system, and I need to re-install SageTV Client on my laptop -- but I can't find it. Let me know if it's available somewhere, thanks!
Old 09-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Sage User

Any Updates due out? It's been several months since the last update (SageTV_V2_0_20Setup.exe). SageTV is good, but aren't there any things left on the 'to do' list?. For one, I've seen several comments on these boards that the 3D feature is very 'buggy'. I agree - it's the only application that fills the screen with a lot of static when 3D is utilized. I can control it somewhat with the 3D settings, but only somewhat.

I like Sage and would like to think that Sage is reveiwing these boards for areas of improvement and the product is being supported.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Sage User

I have to agree that a new version needs to come out.

2.0.20 is completly worthless, if you have an eHome card everyone that has one had to switch back to 2.0.19, also this version seems to fix problems with the pvr350 but it lost almost all it's abilities for multiple tuners I couldn't even get 2 pvr 250s to work with it, but I had no problem with 2.0.19. Sage either needs to release a new version of this software or re-release v2.0.19 so people can use the features that they advertise.

Armyb77
Old 09-09-2004, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Have you guys filled out support requests? If not you should.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Sage User

Can you install the new client (.20) and keep the server (.19) or would this cause a conflict?
Old 09-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the Support Request link, stanger89. I would just be happy to see ANY update, as evidence that this product is still being supported. I would hate to think whoever wrote SageTV took everyone's $50 and is off doing something else. I mean if there are no more versions coming out, I would like to know so I don't keep wasting my time checking the site for updates every day. I am too busy for that....
Old 09-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Sage User

oops.. I just checked the prices and I guess I paid $80, now I'm even more depressed...
Old 09-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Sage User

I guess its worth noting that BeyondTV positively sucks, especially when measured against SageTV (I just tried installing the latest version, then commenced uninstalling it after trying it out again). So my knocks on Sage are relative in nature. Despite my criticisms, I will stick with Sage unless something new and superior comes out (which has not happened as of yet).

The Kardatzke brothers certainly built the best product on the market, despite my personal yearnings for periodic updates.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
...I would just be happy to see ANY update, as evidence that this product is still being supported. I would hate to think whoever wrote SageTV took everyone's $50 and is off doing something else....
There will be a new version and it has a number already: http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...8210#post58210
Old 09-16-2004, 08:53 PM
Sage User

glad to hear v.2.1 is underway - but it would also be nice to get more periodic updates, especially those that fix bugs.