SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:21 PM
Sage Icon

PlaceShifter Fast Forward - Rewind Jumps Around

I had a lot of trouble with quality and stability with Placeshifter transcoding. I'm not sure if it's my CPU on the server. It's a quad core AMD but probably about 6 years old and it seems to take anywhere from 20-50% CPU resources when transcoding. So since we have great internet speed on the upload and download where the client is, I figured I would try and tell Sage not to transcode and it works great but for some reason when I try to fast forward or rewind or click on the timeline it seems to jump to a random place a lot and I haven't a clue why.

Anyone?
Old 04-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Sage Icon

From another thread I just read - it seems it is only SageDCT videos that have this problem and it's only with PlaceShifter. I'm wondering if there is a setting or something I can do short of manually recoding every SageDCT video to fix the timeline problem when rewinding, fast forwarding or skipping.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961 View Post
From another thread I just read - it seems it is only SageDCT videos that have this problem and it's only with PlaceShifter. I'm wondering if there is a setting or something I can do short of manually recoding every SageDCT video to fix the timeline problem when rewinding, fast forwarding or skipping.
You might try the new prime network encoder in the hardware forum. It writes its files through ffmpeg, and should generate more stable timelines.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room