SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:32 AM
Sage User

When?

This was announced several months ago. Given that Windows 10 will ship on July 29 without Media Center, it would have been great if this was made available a few months prior so any kinks could be ironed out beforehand. With SageTV's proven track record, it could have attracted a lot of WMC users if it was available and already tested with 10 right out of the gate.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:49 AM
Sage Icon

To be fair, I suspect Google's interests in this situation are in no way whatsoever beholden to, or influenced by, the activities of Microsoft....
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:59 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
To be fair, I suspect Google's interests in this situation are in no way whatsoever beholden to, or influenced by, the activities of Microsoft....
Agreed - still would be nice though. I'm currently runing Snapstream on Windows 7 because I had some strange behavior on 8. I was thinking of switching to Media Center with ServerWMC, but since Media Center has no future as of 10, that is no longer an option. I've played with NextPVR in the past but it wasn't quite as polished. An Open Source SageTV would definitely be worthy of consideration.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiDAD View Post
This was announced several months ago. Given that Windows 10 will ship on July 29 without Media Center, it would have been great if this was made available a few months prior so any kinks could be ironed out beforehand. With SageTV's proven track record, it could have attracted a lot of WMC users if it was available and already tested with 10 right out of the gate.
Most WMC users will not flock to SageTV as SageTV cannot record DRM. Most prime users will flock to the HDHomerun DVR as it will do DRM.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

This is our only indication -

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62210. Post July 4th for the EPG changes..
Old 06-29-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Most WMC users will not flock to SageTV as SageTV cannot record DRM. Most prime users will flock to the HDHomerun DVR as it will do DRM.
Maybe then Maybe Not
Will the HDHomerun DVR let record DRM channel like HBO and other premiere channel ?.
Can you copy thoses DRM File ?.
Can you covert the them DRM file non DRM file ?.
Look like you need an approved NAS hardware as not going be windows server software as far I can tell.
From what I saw so far no other video media playback nor picture or music support seasm to just plain out run mill DVR box aka TiVo.
And just now start to ship it out
Old 06-29-2015, 11:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Maybe then Maybe Not
Will the HDHomerun DVR let record DRM channel like HBO and other premiere channel ?.
Can you copy thoses DRM File ?.
Can you covert the them DRM file non DRM file ?.
Look like you need an approved NAS hardware as not going be windows server software as far I can tell.
From what I saw so far no other video media playback nor picture or music support seasm to just plain out run mill DVR box aka TiVo.
And just now start to ship it out
That is all I want I have plex for media player and kodi so all I need is a DVR. I want to be able to record my DRM channels and watch them on my android device or windows pc. I do not care about copying them. ... or re-encoding them I watch and delete. Why would I want to convert DRM to non_drm it is illegal when I can watch it on any windows pc or android device.

Bottom line is that SageTV does not record DRM channels so I really do not care about the media playing portion there are better media players such as kodi plex.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-29-2015 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Sure Kodi and Plex are better at many things but I don't want to have to have multiple devices at every TV to facilitate playback. I would really prefer everything in one device and Sage is what my family has been using for a long time and it is what I would prefer using going forward.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
That is all I want I have plex for media player and kodi so all I need is a DVR. I want to be able to record my DRM channels and watch them on my android device or windows pc. I do not care about copying them. ... or re-encoding them I watch and delete. Why would I want to convert DRM to non_drm it is illegal when I can watch it on any windows pc or android device.

Bottom line is that SageTV does not record DRM channels so I really do not care about the media playing portion there are better media players such as kodi plex.
Do know the may not be able to use Kodi as Play device you have use there client software.
It not illegal only sell copyrighted material is.
And that all doing you may as well just gotting self a TiVo and been done with but you I both everthing out is junk vs SageTV as a Real DVR

Last edited by SHS; 06-29-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Do know the may not be able to use Kodi as Play device you have use there client software.
It not illegal olny sell copyrighted material is.
I use kodi now with the HDHOMERUNVIEW software to watch livetv... On my Kodi PC and Raspberry PI.

Can I ask you something do you even own a HDHomerun prime and have tested their software.... because obviously you are misinformed.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:51 AM

How so how are you recording HBO, Showtime, etc channel DRM channel I not talk about LiveTV that done diff, if they haven't sent out HDHomeRun DVR Software at that look like.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:52 AM
Sage User

I record DRM channels in Sage with my Colossus
Rosewill RSV-L4411 server case, Core i5 4590, 16 GB RAM, 1 Hauppauge Colossus, 1 HDHomeRun, 500GB SATA recording drive, 14 TB JBOD for media, SageTV 7, Win7 Pro, Ubuntu 14.04 VM with Plex Server and Subsonic

Frontend:
ASUS Chromebox running Kodi with SageTV add-on
Old 06-29-2015, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How so how are you recording HBO, Showtime, etc channel DRM channel I not talk about LiveTV that done diff, if they haven't sent out HDHomeRun DVR Software at that look like.
WMC at the moment.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
WMC at the moment.
WMC is no longer being support
Old 06-29-2015, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
WMC is no longer being support
It still works to the end of life of windows 7.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
It still works to the end of life of windows 7.
Ture but I think your missing the BIGGER PICTURE here big questions is for how long as mainsteam support has all ready stop with W7 soon W8 in fact they haven't even update WMC for min moons, So there good chance you kiss your EPG good bye in next few years any way, and not forget Silicondust is on it kicking WMC to the curb giving some user an option so kiss any update for WMC good by, and don't see anything happing at Ceton Corp in fact I haven't heard of any rumors so they to are be on way out door and people are need of other options.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ture but I think your missing the BIGGER PICTURE here big questions is for how long as mainsteam support has all ready stop with W7 soon W8 in fact they haven't even update WMC for min moons, So there good chance you kiss your EPG good bye in next few years any way, and not forget Silicondust is on it kicking WMC to the curb giving some user an option so kiss any update for WMC good by, and don't see anything happing at Ceton Corp in fact I haven't heard of any rumors so they to are be on way out door and people are need of other options.
That is why I am converting to the HDHomerunDVR ... I also want to downsize my server as much as possible so having the HDHomerun prime and other HD Homerun tuners is the best way to go. I no longer want a big server box. I no longer want cable boxes USBUirt's and hauppauge capture devices. I have 2 primes and 2 Ota Hd Homerun connects ready to go.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-29-2015 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
That is why I am converting to the HDHomerunDVR ... I also want to downsize my server as much as possible so having the HDHomerun prime and other HD Homerun tuners is the best way to go. I no longer want a big server box. I no longer want cable boxes USBUirt's and hauppauge capture devices. I have 2 primes and 2 Ota Hd Homerun connects ready to go.
That big plus to it.
But point of my post about was about HD Homerun DVR software this not your WMC.
Will the HDHomerun DVR let record DRM channel like HBO and other premiere channel.
So far No one know as nobody has the client software or hardware
Old 06-29-2015, 03:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That big plus to it.
But point of my post about was about HD Homerun DVR software this not your WMC.
Will the HDHomerun DVR let record DRM channel like HBO and other premiere channel.
So far No one know as nobody has the client software or hardware
We should be getting it either tonight or tomorrow if all goes as planned ... to start beta testing. The Recording Engine will run on windows ... mac ... linux not just a NAS.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-29-2015 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:19 PM

Anything yet? I am looking for alternatives to WMC so I can let my PCs upgrade to Win 10.