SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I worked with the MCEBuddy guy on renaming SageTV and keeping the fileid at the end of the file so that they can also be kept in SageTV DB for SageTV Viewing. Notice how the year was added to the Series name where required. I would like to see SageTV be able to see subfolders in the recording folders and properly name the files.
Maybe we just need to have SJQ built into Sage and then you can use it to do all of this sort of stuff.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
But that's not the Kodi DVR interface, that's the normal TV interface correct? I actually like the Kodi TV (library) interface, but the DVR/Recordings interface was pretty lacking. I want to say there were limited to no grouping/sorting options. Honestly I don't remember exactly my issues, I just know I was dissatisfied enough that I basically stopped using it immediately.
You are correct .... That is still the case I do not use DVR/Recordings interface it sucks ... the only things I use are the guide and setting up recordings.... and viewing livetv.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerbrad View Post
WMC did a pretty good job, but their recent EPG changeover completely hosed that platform as an option for me. So, I gave up, upgraded to Windows 10, and have been exploring PVR alternatives.
My exact problem as well. The guide data I have now from Rovi is just completely atrocious, so I used my trusty Schedules Direct account and feed that to NextPVR currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerbrad View Post
Currently "getting by" with Mediaportal TV Server + ArgusTV Scheduler + MediaPortal frontend. I'd tried MePo+Argus with the Kodi frontend, but Kodi just can't cut it as a PVR quite yet. Everything is a "timer" and there are no series recording options. Feels like trying to record on my VHS in 1989.
NextPVR (and server.wmc) both do series recording from within Kodi. Since I'm now the most antiquated with NextPVR within Kodi, when I set a series timer from within Kodi, it shows up as a recurring recording with the NextPVR universe.

Edit: I should probably also add that I also have the ability to setup my recordings via the NextPVR web interface. Which method I choose usually depends on what type of mood I'm in at the given time.

Last edited by TRiddle; 08-11-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Maybe we just need to have SJQ built into Sage and then you can use it to do all of this sort of stuff.
I would be a huge fan of this.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:22 AM
Sage User

Quote:
You are correct .... That is still the case I do not use DVR/Recordings interface it sucks ... the only things I use are the guide and setting up recordings.... and viewing livetv.
That's the first thing I do: Point the LiveTV menu to the guide, point the Recordings submenu to a scraped folder, get rid of radio channels, and get rid of the epg submenu item. It's clean and functional.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRiddle View Post
That's the first thing I do: Point the LiveTV menu to the guide, point the Recordings submenu to a scraped folder, get rid of radio channels, and get rid of the epg submenu item. It's clean and functional.
Maybe you can let me know how to achieve what you described above.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I would be a huge fan of this.
Just install the plugin... no reason for this to be 'built-in'.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-11-2015, 09:37 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Not a current user of Sage, so I have no need for the plugin. I've had a copy of MCEBuddy for years, so I'll keep using it as I'm confident in the settings.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Not a current user of Sage, so I have no need for the plugin. I've had a copy of MCEBuddy for years, so I'll keep using it as I'm confident in the settings.
Totally agree MCEBUDDY is all you need I too have no need for the Plugin. I am far too lazy and Old to start learning a scripting language.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Totally confused why you'd want SJQ to be integrated into Sage, if you don't use sage...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
But is this really any different than encoding, which was built in to Sage in the past? I would argue that having the option to store in a folder based on the Series name, season, etc, and having naming flexibility is more of a "core" function then re-encoding.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:05 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Totally confused why you'd want SJQ to be integrated into Sage, if you don't use sage...
I don't currently use Sage. That doesn't mean I don't have my server license and client licenses still handy (although at this point in my HTPC lifespan, I'd only need my server license).

Since we are now in the open source era, and should someone deem it worth their time to build a kodi addon, if the code were to include SJQ, I'd let it do it's thing. If it comes down to configuring something else alongside the server at that point, I'll stick with what I have because: 1) it works and 2) I have my settings tuned to the point where I never have to worry about it. I now have kids versus when I started all of this mess many moons ago, so my time is better spent elsewhere.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, and I don't like having my recordings mixed with my purchased/ripped media so I'm kind of SOL with Kodi.

Quote:
But is this really any different than encoding, which was built in to Sage in the past? I would argue that having the option to store in a folder based on the Series name, season, etc, and having naming flexibility is more of a "core" function then re-encoding.
Recording to folders is a bit different than integrating SJQ into the core, that might be a nice addition at some point, but I think integrating SJQ and it's functionality is not necessary.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:14 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Yeah, and I don't like having my recordings mixed with my purchased/ripped media so I'm kind of SOL with Kodi.
Learn how to use custom video nodes.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_Video_Nodes
Old 08-11-2015, 10:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
SJQ would have nothing to do with how and where sage chooses to write it's recordings.

I did test, many years ago, an app that makes a 'virtual folder structure' with symlinks form the sage's files. Never really used it, because Plex has a decent plugin to get that information and sort it properly (and that's the only interface I use besides SageTV).

Old 08-11-2015, 11:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Learn how to use custom video nodes.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_Video_Nodes
Maybe if we get a SageTV DVR backend I will. Until then I'll just use my HD300 for Sage and my Chromebox for OpenELEC.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:04 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Maybe if we get a SageTV DVR backend I will. Until then I'll just use my HD300 for Sage and my Chromebox for OpenELEC.
Honestly, the standard video nodes, while great for minimalist users, are quite terrible for kodi. Ever since custom video nodes became a real thing, that's all I've ever used. I don't want my kiddo to see certain movies, and I don't want to see my kiddo's movies. Custom nodes take care of that.

I truly have no problem using two "boxes" at a television: did it for years with an hd300 and a zotac zbox running openelec. My wife however loves the singular interface (and all the extras that I have it providing), so kodi it is. Happy wife, happy life

Edit: Smart playlists is also an option, but I've never found myself using them too much. I just prefer making custom nodes.

Last edited by TRiddle; 08-11-2015 at 12:12 PM.