SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Version 1.00 is ready in the repository. Changelog:
  • Added ability to browse Viewing History.
  • Added a Retrieval and Sort Order option to disable grouping What's New by channel.
  • Honor the "ignore leading article" configuration setting when sorting.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause keyword favorites to be re-recorded after being deleted.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the right panel to display incorrect info after a keyword favorite had been edited.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause too few keyword favorites to be recorded if there were videos in the list that did not exceed the minimum duration.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the keyword favorite menu to revert if a favorite was changed, then browsed, then returned to keyword favorite menu.
  • Fixed a bug that would throw a NPE if there was one keyword favorite and it was edited but not actually changed.
Thanks for these changes.

For some reason though when I click on history no videos show up. I am logged into my youtube account.

2xhd300
Old 10-19-2015, 06:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toony View Post
Thanks for these changes.

For some reason though when I click on history no videos show up. I am logged into my youtube account.
It will only track the history of videos you've watched on Sage, it won't keep track of what you've watched on other devices.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:05 AM
Sage User

Having an issue getting the "Most Popular" list to update daily. For me, the newest video shows an upload date of 10-09-2015.

Is there a way to force it to update?
Old 10-24-2015, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE View Post
Having an issue getting the "Most Popular" list to update daily. For me, the newest video shows an upload date of 10-09-2015.

Is there a way to force it to update?
I looked at the code and that's one of the items I cached to increase performance. That was probably not such a good idea I'll have to fix that bug.

The only workaround would be to stop to server (or SageClient) and then restart it.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi, I tried to install on both HD200 and on the server. I keep getting error about unable to download. Any fix for that?
Thanks
Old 10-26-2015, 05:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
Hi, I tried to install on both HD200 and on the server. I keep getting error about unable to download. Any fix for that?
Thanks
That usually means your network is down or GitHub is down. Try it again after checking those issues.

Old 10-26-2015, 08:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
That usually means your network is down or GitHub is down. Try it again after checking those issues.
Both are up and running.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Both are up and running.
Exactly what error message are you getting? Do you have a file called SageTVPluginsDev.xml in your sage install directory? (i.e. the same directory as sagetv.exe.)

Old 10-26-2015, 12:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

"Load More" feature request

Tmiranda -The more I use this plugin, the more I appreciate its improvements over the old Youtube integration in SageTV. Thank you!

When a specific number of videos is selected to be retrieved in the properties of this plugin, it would be nice to have a "load more" option. For example, 50 videos are retrieved, scroll to the bottom, select "load more" and the next 50 videos for the channel/search are retrieved. Is this possible?
Old 10-26-2015, 12:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Another feature request if you're taking them...

How difficult would it be to add a playlist-like functionality where you could queue up several videos to play one right after the other, with the queued up videos downloading in the background while the first one is playing? I'm still running v7, so can't stream, but this would be almost as good.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not (I haven't really had a chance to fully test), but videos for channels that are sorted to exclude common words (for example, a channel called "The Redskins" would sort by "R" instead of "T") don't show up in the "What's New" section. They used to just before v1.0 came out, but stopped with v1.0 (which is when I think you added the sorting excluding common words).
Old 10-27-2015, 01:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Exactly what error message are you getting? Do you have a file called SageTVPluginsDev.xml in your sage install directory? (i.e. the same directory as sagetv.exe.)
Error msg:
Plugin Install Progress: Done - Fialed - Resource Download
http://github.com/tmiranda1962/relea...eSTVi-1.00.zip

No such file as SageTVPluginsDev.xml.
I do have SageTVPlugins.xml in that directory.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Error msg:
Plugin Install Progress: Done - Fialed - Resource Download
http://github.com/tmiranda1962/relea...eSTVi-1.00.zip

No such file as SageTVPluginsDev.xml.
I do have SageTVPlugins.xml in that directory.
It can't get to the github download files. Can you access this directory?

https://github.com/tmiranda1962/tmiranda/releases

If you can, scroll down until you see YouTubeSTVi-1.00.zip and see if you can download that file.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
Tmiranda -The more I use this plugin, the more I appreciate its improvements over the old Youtube integration in SageTV. Thank you!

When a specific number of videos is selected to be retrieved in the properties of this plugin, it would be nice to have a "load more" option. For example, 50 videos are retrieved, scroll to the bottom, select "load more" and the next 50 videos for the channel/search are retrieved. Is this possible?
This would be difficult due to the design of the plugin.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolah View Post
Another feature request if you're taking them...

How difficult would it be to add a playlist-like functionality where you could queue up several videos to play one right after the other, with the queued up videos downloading in the background while the first one is playing? I'm still running v7, so can't stream, but this would be almost as good.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not (I haven't really had a chance to fully test), but videos for channels that are sorted to exclude common words (for example, a channel called "The Redskins" would sort by "R" instead of "T") don't show up in the "What's New" section. They used to just before v1.0 came out, but stopped with v1.0 (which is when I think you added the sorting excluding common words).
I'll look into the sorting issue, that sounds like a bug.

For the playlist functionality, I'd suggest recording the videos. That does exactly what you describe.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It can't get to the github download files. Can you access this directory?

https://github.com/tmiranda1962/tmiranda/releases

If you can, scroll down until you see YouTubeSTVi-1.00.zip and see if you can download that file.
I'm able to dl manually.
where do i put this file?
Old 10-27-2015, 02:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm able to dl manually.
where do i put this file?
You really can't. I'm just trying to isolate the problem. Please zip the SagePlugins.XML file in your install directory and attach it to a post. I'm trying to see why you can download it manually but not through the Plugin Manager

Old 10-29-2015, 04:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You really can't. I'm just trying to isolate the problem. Please zip the SagePlugins.XML file in your install directory and attach it to a post. I'm trying to see why you can download it manually but not through the Plugin Manager
sorry for the late reply. we had some power outages.
file attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTVPlugins.zip (136.3 KB, 120 views)
Old 10-29-2015, 12:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
sorry for the late reply. we had some power outages.
file attached.
I see no reason why the PlugIn won't install Let me scratch my head a little more and see what else I can look for.

Are you having issues with any other plugins or just this one?

Old 10-31-2015, 12:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I see no reason why the PlugIn won't install Let me scratch my head a little more and see what else I can look for.

Are you having issues with any other plugins or just this one?
I haven't installed any other plugin for a very long time.
Which do you suggest I try?
Old 11-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a way to view subscribed channels? Perhaps I'm just confusing terminology. As I understand it, "favorites" no longer exist in YouTube, they were essentially replaced by "watch later". So in the YouTube plugin, are favorites just essentially plugin applied bookmarks or is this supposed to access something from my YouTube account.