SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Sage User

What are the different "quality" settings that can be set for the downloads?

Again, great plugin!
Old 11-01-2015, 05:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk2 View Post
Is there a way to view subscribed channels? Perhaps I'm just confusing terminology. As I understand it, "favorites" no longer exist in YouTube, they were essentially replaced by "watch later". So in the YouTube plugin, are favorites just essentially plugin applied bookmarks or is this supposed to access something from my YouTube account.
Favorites are for the plugin only and are totally independent from subscribed channels. I was going to synchronize the subscriptions but nobody here thought that was worthwhile.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE View Post
What are the different "quality" settings that can be set for the downloads?

Again, great plugin!
Go to options -> recording options -> video format. You can enter anything as specified here: https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl#format-selection

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolah View Post
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not (I haven't really had a chance to fully test), but videos for channels that are sorted to exclude common words (for example, a channel called "The Redskins" would sort by "R" instead of "T") don't show up in the "What's New" section. They used to just before v1.0 came out, but stopped with v1.0 (which is when I think you added the sorting excluding common words).
I can't reproduce this. If you still think it's not working right please post a more detailed description of what you're seeing.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I see no reason why the PlugIn won't install Let me scratch my head a little more and see what else I can look for.

Are you having issues with any other plugins or just this one?
I recall having trouble getting this plugin to install back when it was in beta. It turned out that I needed to install a current version of Java. After I updated Java, it installed without a hitch.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Favorites are for the plugin only and are totally independent from subscribed channels. I was going to synchronize the subscriptions but nobody here thought that was worthwhile.
OK, that's what I assumed but I wanted to make sure the plugin was working as expected. I would appreciate a way to view subscribed channels in the plugin although I understand if there is not enough demand to justify your time.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
I recall having trouble getting this plugin to install back when it was in beta. It turned out that I needed to install a current version of Java. After I updated Java, it installed without a hitch.
I read this thread so I tried that.
I have the latest java installed. Same result.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK, that's what I assumed but I wanted to make sure the plugin was working as expected. I would appreciate a way to view subscribed channels in the plugin although I understand if there is not enough demand to justify your time.
What level of integration and functionality would you like to see? For example:
- Should the main menu have a "Browse Subscribed Channels" item or should subscribed and favorite channels both be displayed in "Browse Favorite Channels"?
- Ability to record subscribed channels?
- Should subscribed channel results appear in "What's New"?
- Should the watched status of videos in subscribed channels be synchronized between Sage and other devices?
- Should Favorite channels be made subscribed channels?
- Allow channels to be both favorites and subscribed?

Lots of things to think about. What usually happens is half the users want it one way and half want it the other way and I end up adding lots of configuration options

Old 11-03-2015, 08:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
I read this thread so I tried that.
I have the latest java installed. Same result.
I'm stumped at the moment. Are you installing on a Client, on the server UI or on an extender? I don't think I ever asked you that question.

Let's go back to square one. Let's try this:

- Verify the version of Java you are using by looking in the system information menu. (You may have multiple versions of Java installed and Sage is using the older version.)

- Uninstall all other plugins. When you do this look at the "All" tab in the PlugIn Manager to make sure you uninstall of the plugin dependencies that are left behind. (This is to make sure there is not some strange interaction going on.)

- Delete "SageTVPlugins.xml" and "SageTVPluginsDev.xml" (if it exists) on the server. (This is to make sure the .xml files are not corrupted. Sage will download new versions when you go to the PlugIn Manager menu.)

- Look in the STVs/SageTV7 directory and see if there are any files that end in .stvi. (Maybe there is an old version of the YouTube.stvi file laying around and for some reason Sage can't delete it.)

- If it still does not install then shutdown sage, rename your sage.properties file to something like sage.properties.bak (or sageclient.properties) and save it!, and restart Sage. (Maybe there is some corruption in the .properties file. This procedure will recreate a new .properties file.)

- If it still fails post a screenshot of the error message. In your previous description the file name was misspelled. I chalked this up to a typo on your part but maybe there is something else going on.

Let me know how it goes.

Tom

Old 11-03-2015, 10:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
What level of integration and functionality would you like to see? For example:
- Should the main menu have a "Browse Subscribed Channels" item or should subscribed and favorite channels both be displayed in "Browse Favorite Channels"?
- Ability to record subscribed channels?
- Should subscribed channel results appear in "What's New"?
- Should the watched status of videos in subscribed channels be synchronized between Sage and other devices?
- Should Favorite channels be made subscribed channels?
- Allow channels to be both favorites and subscribed?

Lots of things to think about. What usually happens is half the users want it one way and half want it the other way and I end up adding lots of configuration options
Here are my thoughts on the matter:

- Should the main menu have a "Browse Subscribed Channels" item or should subscribed and favorite channels both be displayed in "Browse Favorite Channels"? I would roll it into favorite channels, no need for the extra clutter when subscribed and favorite are really serving the same function.
- Ability to record subscribed channels? This would be a nice to have.
- Should subscribed channel results appear in "What's New"? Yes, new videos to a subscribed channel should appear in "What's New."
- Should the watched status of videos in subscribed channels be synchronized between Sage and other devices? Make this a configurable option?
- Should Favorite channels be made subscribed channels? Yes, or it would be nice to have a method to subscribing to channels through Sage.
- Allow channels to be both favorites and subscribed? Here's the rub, I don't personally see a need to have a favorites functionality for channels, since subscribed is the same thing. Maybe what is needed is an easy way to login into various Youtube accounts so that kids, Mom, Dad etc... can manage their own subscriptions or favorites without affecting another's account.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Here's the rub, I don't personally see a need to have a favorites functionality for channels, since subscribed is the same thing.
To me there is a big difference. I don't subscribe to any channels with a userid (and don't want to), but I make regular use of the favorites functionality of this plugin. Please don't do away with the favorites functionality or require a login account (i.e. subscription).
Old 11-04-2015, 10:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Has anyone tried this plugin with Gemstone? Does it work?

Looking to see if there are any integration issues with this plugin and Gemstone that I should consider fixing in the Gemstone2 release for SageTV 9.

When I have some time I will install it and check it out myself but thought I'd check if anyone using Gemstone has tried this out.

k
Old 11-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
To me there is a big difference. I don't subscribe to any channels with a userid (and don't want to), but I make regular use of the favorites functionality of this plugin. Please don't do away with the favorites functionality or require a login account (i.e. subscription).
OK, that makes sense for those trying to avoid subscriptions using a YouTube ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I use it with Gemstone with no issues.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post

Looking to see if there are any integration issues with this plugin and Gemstone that I should consider fixing in the Gemstone2 release for SageTV 9.

When I have some time I will install it and check it out myself but thought I'd check if anyone using Gemstone has tried this out.

k
Works great with Gemstone
Old 11-04-2015, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
To me there is a big difference. I don't subscribe to any channels with a userid (and don't want to),....
I won't do away with Favorites for exactly this reason

Old 11-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Sage Icon

First, thank you for a GREAT plugin. Now, I have a few questions since I started playing with the program.

1. Can it get subtitles? (I forgot to check after some downloads)

2. Should it work on an extender? (I couldn't get it to come up, only the old YouTube)

3. Is it OK to rename the files after they are downloaded? (except the ending where you store something)

4. Is it OK to change the date stamp after they are downloaded?
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)

Last edited by MattHelm; 11-05-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I can't reproduce this. If you still think it's not working right please post a more detailed description of what you're seeing.
Quote:
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not (I haven't really had a chance to fully test), but videos for channels that are sorted to exclude common words (for example, a channel called "The Redskins" would sort by "R" instead of "T") don't show up in the "What's New" section. They used to just before v1.0 came out, but stopped with v1.0 (which is when I think you added the sorting excluding common words).
I did a fresh install of SageTV with your YouTube plugin in a VM and it works correctly in the fresh install, so it must be an issue with my current installation of SageTV. Any idea where I should look to isolate the problem? Is this likely to be a corruption of my wiz.bin or a bad setting in my .properties file?
Old 11-06-2015, 08:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
First, thank you for a GREAT plugin. Now, I have a few questions since I started playing with the program.

1. Can it get subtitles? (I forgot to check after some downloads)

2. Should it work on an extender? (I couldn't get it to come up, only the old YouTube)

3. Is it OK to rename the files after they are downloaded? (except the ending where you store something)

4. Is it OK to change the date stamp after they are downloaded?
1. No idea about subtitles. Are they embedded in the video or are they in a separate file? (.srt IIRC)

2. Yes, I use it on my HD300's all the time. You should be able to install it once on any extender and then it will show up on all extenders (as long as you reload the UI on the other extenders. This can be done by power cycling them.)

3. I think so but take extreme care not to change the part of the filename that is the YouTube video ID. If you mess with that the plugin will not work properly.

4. Yes, no problem.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I did a fresh install of SageTV with your YouTube plugin in a VM and it works correctly in the fresh install, so it must be an issue with my current installation of SageTV. Any idea where I should look to isolate the problem? Is this likely to be a corruption of my wiz.bin or a bad setting in my .properties file?
Did you try rebooting the server? There may be an issue with the cache. If that doesn't work send me a logfile showing the failure, maybe that will tell me something.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
1. No idea about subtitles. Are they embedded in the video or are they in a separate file? (.srt IIRC)

2. Yes, I use it on my HD300's all the time. You should be able to install it once on any extender and then it will show up on all extenders (as long as you reload the UI on the other extenders. This can be done by power cycling them.)

3. I think so but take extreme care not to change the part of the filename that is the YouTube video ID. If you mess with that the plugin will not work properly.

4. Yes, no problem.
1. Subtitles - I followed your link about video quality, and noticed there were flags for the subtitles in a different section of that page. I wasn't sure if your used the code there, so thought I'd ask about the option. (slowly loosing my hearing, and found that the subtitles help at times) Are you using that code, and if so, is there a setting somewhere I could try to add subtitles? If not, could you add it as a "to do"? (No rush, I'd rather you help with the OS code!!!!!!)

2. Had to reset the sever, then everything was on the extender.

3. I tried some renames. What a mess. I'll leave them alone in the future, not that big of an issue.

4. Date stamp didn't hurt at all.

Again, thanks for a GREAT plugin!!!
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)