SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
In the configuration for the plugin I have my downloads set to go into a YouTube folder. When I record / download a video it places the file in this directory but when I navigate in Sagetv to the Videos -> Folders section the videos are displayed in the root and not in the YouTube folder. How do I stop this as cant seem to move them.

Thanks
I'm assuming you have the "Recording Directory" set to one of your import directories, "Recording Subdirectory" set to "YouTube", and "Import Recorded Videos" set to "Video"? If so, then I'll need to see a logfile to determine why you are seeing everything in the root. (The logfile you send should be from a time when videos have been recorded.)

You may also want to look at the "menu options" in the video browser to see if "Folder Display Style" is set to "Combined".

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolah View Post
There was a setting in the Sage.properties file (the server config) which I presume was the default settings this value to 5000 (5 seconds), but the HD300 was not respecting its own value.
I am testing with the same settings you have and it seems to work. Let me ask another question, what do you mean by "not respecting" the value? What behavior are you seeing?

To test the functionality I downloaded a two minute video and watched it to within 20 seconds of the end. I then changed "Seconds to End Before Watched" setting to different values. If the value is greater than 20 the watched marker shows up, if the value is less than 20 it clears. This is what I expect to see. What happens when you do this on your system?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I am testing with the same settings you have and it seems to work. Let me ask another question, what do you mean by "not respecting" the value? What behavior are you seeing?

To test the functionality I downloaded a two minute video and watched it to within 20 seconds of the end. I then changed "Seconds to End Before Watched" setting to different values. If the value is greater than 20 the watched marker shows up, if the value is less than 20 it clears. This is what I expect to see. What happens when you do this on your system?
I am not seeing that behavior. I downloaded a 1:35 video and watched it to within 15 seconds of the end. The "Seconds to End Before Watched" setting on my HD300 UI showed 30 seconds. I could see the watched bar reflect [roughly] 15 seconds of the video left, but there was no watched checkmark. I changed the "Seconds to End Before Watched" setting to 60 seconds, still no watched checkmark. It appears as though no matter what value I set in the "Seconds to End Before Watched" setting, it will only mark the video as watched (with the watched checkmark) when I reach within 5 seconds of the end of the video. I see this behavior across all YouTube videos on all channels that I've tested (i.e. it consistently happens - it's not hit and miss).

EDIT: I thought having the YouTube temp directory nested in a SageTV recording directory might be causing problems, so I change the YouTube temp recording directory to the default system temp, but it made no difference.

Last edited by Boolah; 11-15-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've noticed that each client connected to the SageTV server maintains its own unique configuration for this plugin. In other words, if a setting for this plugin is changed on extender [or client] #1, the setting is not reflected on extender #2.

*IGNORE BELOW*
Not only is this somewhat confusing, but videos downloaded (either through manually hitting the record button on the remote or through the built-in automatic recording capabilities of the plugin) are only "watchable" on the device that did the recording. That means if I record a video on extender #1, the file is downloaded and stored in the location specified by extender #1 and is watched from that location (i.e. it is not re-downloaded when watched on extender #1). However, if extender #2 specifies the exact same recording location to store YouTube videos as extender #1 does, when the same video is watched on extender #2, this extender seems not to realize that the video has already been downloaded and is available, but instead, downloads the video from YouTube again.
*IGNORE ABOVE*

Is this by design or have I broken something else?

EDIT: I couldn't figure out how to get the strikethrough to work, so ignore the above. It turns out I had a type-o on two of my extenders (different type-o's on each one), which was causing this to fail. The recordings do play correctly from all extenders, but the settings on each extender still appear to be unique to the extender and not common to the entire Sage system.

Last edited by Boolah; 11-15-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've noticed that each client connected to the SageTV server maintains its own unique configuration for this plugin. In other words, if a setting for this plugin is changed on extender [or client] #1, the setting is not reflected on extender #2.
That is by design. Most of the UI settings throughout Sage are unique to each interface and I usually follow that convention.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am not seeing that behavior. I downloaded a 1:35 video and watched it to within 15 seconds of the end. The "Seconds to End Before Watched" setting on my HD300 UI showed 30 seconds. I could see the watched bar reflect [roughly] 15 seconds of the video left, but there was no watched checkmark. I changed the "Seconds to End Before Watched" setting to 60 seconds, still no watched checkmark. It appears as though no matter what value I set in the "Seconds to End Before Watched" setting, it will only mark the video as watched (with the watched checkmark) when I reach within 5 seconds of the end of the video. I see this behavior across all YouTube videos on all channels that I've tested (i.e. it consistently happens - it's not hit and miss).

EDIT: I thought having the YouTube temp directory nested in a SageTV recording directory might be causing problems, so I change the YouTube temp recording directory to the default system temp, but it made no difference.
I'm still scratching my head on this. Once I figure out how to debug it I will let you know.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'm still scratching my head on this. Once I figure out how to debug it I will let you know.
I reinstalled a SageTV client for the first time today (since I rebuilt my server, I've only connected to it with extenders). The client appears to work correctly without me doing anything special. The settings on the client are the same as those on the extenders, but the client is marking the videos watched within the timeframe specified, while the extenders are not.

Don't know if that helps on confuses things more.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I finally broke down and edited my Sage.properties file manually. It looks like the extenders are pickup up this setting from the server .properties file and not their own. When I manually set "youtube_consider_watched=30000" in the Sage.properties file, the extenders show videos marked as watched when they are within 30 seconds of the end. If I change the setting on an extender's UI, it seems to have no effect.

For example, if I change "Seconds to End Before Watched" to 5 seconds in the UI of an extender, the video will be marked as watched once it is within 30 seconds of the end. Similarly, if I change the value on the extender to 60 seconds, the video will only be marked as watched when it is within 30 seconds of the end.

As mentioned in my last post, the SageTV PC client seems to handle this setting correctly.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I reinstalled a SageTV client for the first time today (since I rebuilt my server, I've only connected to it with extenders). The client appears to work correctly without me doing anything special. The settings on the client are the same as those on the extenders, but the client is marking the videos watched within the timeframe specified, while the extenders are not.

Don't know if that helps on confuses things more.
It confuses me more I searched the code and there is nowhere that I use SetServerProperty() for that value.

Well, at least you have a workaround for that issue. Did the jar file I posted solve your other issue?

Old 11-15-2015, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It confuses me more I searched the code and there is nowhere that I use SetServerProperty() for that value.

Well, at least you have a workaround for that issue. Did the jar file I posted solve your other issue?
Are you accessing that property from the STV or from the JAR?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-15-2015, 07:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

The strange thing is, when i change the value on an extender, it shows the correct value in the extender's UI as well as the extender's .properties file (MAC.properties), but the value that the extender actually uses appears to come from the server's .properties file (Sage.properties).

Yes, the updated jar solved the other issue - thanks!
Old 11-16-2015, 08:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Are you accessing that property from the STV or from the JAR?
Both, and I checked both. Will need to investigate more.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The strange thing is, when i change the value on an extender, it shows the correct value in the extender's UI as well as the extender's .properties file (MAC.properties), but the value that the extender actually uses appears to come from the server's .properties file (Sage.properties).

Yes, the updated jar solved the other issue - thanks!
Glad the other fix worked. I'll try more testing to see if I can duplicate the watched bug.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Sage Icon

Ran into a weird issue this weekend.

1. I have a favorite channel set to record any new shows. (The New Screen Savers) (Oh, have it set to make channel directories, if that matters)

2. It fetched all the shows just fine.

3. After I watched a show, when prompted at end, I deleted it.

4. After a few shows, I looked at the listing, and shows I had watched and delete, were back in there and not marked watched.

5. It does this if I use the Yahoo Interface (Online menu) or in the regular recording listing.

6. If I manually mark it watched, then delete, it does not seem to come back. (timing issue?)

Again, a bug I can live with, please work on the OS version first, just wanted to report it.

BTW, is there a way to add a favorite show to a favorite channel? (I want to watch a single show in a channel that has many shows.)
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 11-16-2015, 03:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'm assuming you have the "Recording Directory" set to one of your import directories, "Recording Subdirectory" set to "YouTube", and "Import Recorded Videos" set to "Video"? If so, then I'll need to see a logfile to determine why you are seeing everything in the root. (The logfile you send should be from a time when videos have been recorded.)

You may also want to look at the "menu options" in the video browser to see if "Folder Display Style" is set to "Combined".
Recording Directory set to D:\media\videos\Youtube
Recording subdirectory set to None
Import Recorded Videos set to Video
Doesn't seem to make a difference if folder display style is set to combined or not

The files actually go into the youtube folder but display at the parent in Sagetv

Log file attached
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (554.2 KB, 532 views)

Last edited by Oddity; 11-16-2015 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Log file attached
Old 11-16-2015, 06:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
Ran into a weird issue this weekend.

1. I have a favorite channel set to record any new shows. (The New Screen Savers) (Oh, have it set to make channel directories, if that matters)

2. It fetched all the shows just fine.

3. After I watched a show, when prompted at end, I deleted it.

4. After a few shows, I looked at the listing, and shows I had watched and delete, were back in there and not marked watched.

5. It does this if I use the Yahoo Interface (Online menu) or in the regular recording listing.

6. If I manually mark it watched, then delete, it does not seem to come back. (timing issue?)

Again, a bug I can live with, please work on the OS version first, just wanted to report it.

BTW, is there a way to add a favorite show to a favorite channel? (I want to watch a single show in a channel that has many shows.)
Are you using the default STV or something else? There is code in the OSD that keeps track of the watched position. If you are using a different STV this code will not be present and you will see what you are describing.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Are you using the default STV or something else? There is code in the OSD that keeps track of the watched position. If you are using a different STV this code will not be present and you will see what you are describing.
I think I'm using the standard one, but my system is so old, and I've tried so many things... How do I check that???
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 11-16-2015, 07:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

One thing I ran into with ADM and Gemstone that I had to work around is that a PC Client and an Extender client seem to be treated differently when you do a GetProperty for something that does not exist on that client. A PC client in this case will return the default value that you pass to GetProperty. An extender will return the value from the SERVER if it has the same property available rather than use the default you pass in.

This may not be the issue you are running into but it drove me nuts for a while (short trip sometimes ) so I thought I would point it out.

k
Old 11-17-2015, 05:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
One thing I ran into with ADM and Gemstone that I had to work around is that a PC Client and an Extender client seem to be treated differently when you do a GetProperty for something that does not exist on that client. A PC client in this case will return the default value that you pass to GetProperty. An extender will return the value from the SERVER if it has the same property available rather than use the default you pass in.

This may not be the issue you are running into but it drove me nuts for a while (short trip sometimes ) so I thought I would point it out.

k
I never knew that. Thanks.

How did you work around it?

Old 11-17-2015, 05:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
I think I'm using the standard one, but my system is so old, and I've tried so many things... How do I check that???
Go to settings -> detailed settings -> advanced. One of the items in there allows you to change the STV. It will display the STV you are using.