SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I never knew that. Thanks.

How did you work around it?
Where it really mattered, such as the storage of the custom menus, I wrote my own load/get/set functions from a separate .properties file....so basically I pulled those settings OUT of the sage properties so I had better control.

Perhaps when I have time I will look at the Sage source for this area and see if I can tell why the developers thought an extender should use the server properties when an extender specific one did not exist... I assume it allowed them to not have to duplicate certain properties when a new extender was connected...not certain. IMHO we should "fix" this but it could cause unforeseen issues for things in the core that expect to get a server based property when a client one is not available.

k
Old 11-17-2015, 09:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Where it really mattered, such as the storage of the custom menus, I wrote my own load/get/set functions from a separate .properties file....so basically I pulled those settings OUT of the sage properties so I had better control.

Perhaps when I have time I will look at the Sage source for this area and see if I can tell why the developers thought an extender should use the server properties when an extender specific one did not exist... I assume it allowed them to not have to duplicate certain properties when a new extender was connected...not certain. IMHO we should "fix" this but it could cause unforeseen issues for things in the core that expect to get a server based property when a client one is not available.

k
I understand the 'idea' behind why they did it, as it was so that you could set up the server's UI, and then when you add an extender (Placeshifter was the only option at that time, remember), it would ultimately get all it's settings from the server's configuration, because the first time a getProperty was called, it would pull it from the server's config. Some of this, however, was set in stone before a lot of other changes came down the pike. I think these days, any client should start fresh with the appropriate default.properties file, and ignore the server's properties unless explicitely called for them. At the same time, I wish the standalone mode of sagetv.exe was eliminated, or at least still 'run' as two separate processes, so that UI stuff will ALWAYS be in a client.properties file, and backend server stuff will ALWAYS be in the sage.properties file. Running SageTV.exe in standalone should not significantly alter the archetecture the way it does (where it uses only sage.properties for everything).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-17-2015, 10:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I understand the 'idea' behind why they did it, as it was so that you could set up the server's UI, and then when you add an extender (Placeshifter was the only option at that time, remember), it would ultimately get all it's settings from the server's configuration, because the first time a getProperty was called, it would pull it from the server's config. Some of this, however, was set in stone before a lot of other changes came down the pike. I think these days, any client should start fresh with the appropriate default.properties file, and ignore the server's properties unless explicitely called for them. At the same time, I wish the standalone mode of sagetv.exe was eliminated, or at least still 'run' as two separate processes, so that UI stuff will ALWAYS be in a client.properties file, and backend server stuff will ALWAYS be in the sage.properties file. Running SageTV.exe in standalone should not significantly alter the archetecture the way it does (where it uses only sage.properties for everything).
I agree that is likely the case however they could have approached it as a one time copy of server settings and then treat it separate from there on.

Ideally, in my opinion, the user should have a choice for any client to share ALL its UI settings with a common server based settings or to have its own settings. Many people like to have all clients setup identically.

But this is getting way OT from this thread

k
Old 11-17-2015, 10:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Go to settings -> detailed settings -> advanced. One of the items in there allows you to change the STV. It will display the STV you are using.
The one that says SageTV7.xml? Dated 2013010701???

Ran into another weird issue. Did a channel search, and there was only 1 match, but it listed it as many times as there are "slots" on one page. No crash, so no foul.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 11-18-2015, 07:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
The one that says SageTV7.xml? Dated 2013010701???

Ran into another weird issue. Did a channel search, and there was only 1 match, but it listed it as many times as there are "slots" on one page. No crash, so no foul.
That's the default STV. No idea why you are having problems with "watched".

For the new issue, are you sure it is the same channel? I noticed that people like to create their own channels with the same name as other channels. Take a look, my guess it that they are all different channels.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

TMiranda -

Here's something I cannot figure out - I watch many photography related Youtube channels. Let's say for example Tony Northrop's channel.
I didn't realize he'd been on Youtube this many years, so I set the favorite up to "record from beginning".
Let's say that's 300-400 videos.
It will begin to pull them down, but later the queue will get "stuck" - just hang on the number of "queued items".
I will look at the log and see it's downloading the exact same video it downloaded the day before, which I haven't watched or anything.
Sometimes I need to restart Sage to get the queue going again.

If I pause and restart recording will this make any difference? I'm trying to figure this out - the queue being "full" is preventing my other favorites from being recorded. I have no idea but it's puzzling me to say the least.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
TMiranda -

Here's something I cannot figure out - I watch many photography related Youtube channels. Let's say for example Tony Northrop's channel.
I didn't realize he'd been on Youtube this many years, so I set the favorite up to "record from beginning".
Let's say that's 300-400 videos.
It will begin to pull them down, but later the queue will get "stuck" - just hang on the number of "queued items".
I will look at the log and see it's downloading the exact same video it downloaded the day before, which I haven't watched or anything.
Sometimes I need to restart Sage to get the queue going again.

If I pause and restart recording will this make any difference? I'm trying to figure this out - the queue being "full" is preventing my other favorites from being recorded. I have no idea but it's puzzling me to say the least.
That sounds like a bug. Send me a logfile when it's stuck.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.01

Version 1.01 is now available. It fixes the a bug in "What's New".

Old 11-21-2015, 02:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Internet outage -> "circle of death"

Today I had an Internet outage. Starting the YouTube Plugin was leading to "circle of death". No timeout occurred - just the spinning circle was shown.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubdich View Post
Today I had an Internet outage. Starting the YouTube Plugin was leading to "circle of death". No timeout occurred - just the spinning circle was shown.
Please post a logfile.

Old 11-22-2015, 07:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Please post a logfile.
done
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (506.8 KB, 180 views)
Old 11-22-2015, 08:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
done
Looks like the google api's are failing, but I can't tell why. Set the Loglevel to "Trace" (It's currently set to "Error") and send the logfile again. Also, tell me what .jars are present on your server.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
For the new issue, are you sure it is the same channel? I noticed that people like to create their own channels with the same name as other channels. Take a look, my guess it that they are all different channels.
I want to say I went on Youtube (with a PC) and checked, and there is only 1 channel, but I'm not 100% sure. I do know I checked in SageTV, and every description/show count/views were all the same. I'm away from home currently, so can't easily check.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Old 11-22-2015, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That's the default STV. No idea why you are having problems with "watched".
Not sure if this is related, but I'm also getting an error when I try to delete without watching something else first. The file seems to be locked. If I flip over and watch another show, then delete, all is fine. Again, I'm mainly using the "browse favorite channels", not the normal "recorded shows".

Trying to think if something else (plugin) might be causing this, but I can't think of anything. I really don't use that many.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Looks like the google api's are failing, but I can't tell why.
I will provide the traces tomorrow - Sage is currently recording.

The reason why the google api's are failing is quite obivous for me - as I tried to tell -> internet connection was broken. When creating the trace I disconnected the WAN port of my router to simulate the outage. All I tried to tell is that a timeout should occur when google / YouTube is unreachable.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I will provide the traces tomorrow - Sage is currently recording.

The reason why the google api's are failing is quite obivous for me - as I tried to tell -> internet connection was broken. When creating the trace I disconnected the WAN port of my router to simulate the outage. All I tried to tell is that a timeout should occur when google / YouTube is unreachable.
Ah, I misunderstood. I'll add better error recovery in there.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Not sure if this is related, but I'm also getting an error when I try to delete without watching something else first. The file seems to be locked. If I flip over and watch another show, then delete, all is fine. Again, I'm mainly using the "browse favorite channels", not the normal "recorded shows".

Trying to think if something else (plugin) might be causing this, but I can't think of anything. I really don't use that many.
Please provide a logfile and I'll look at it. Thanks.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Please provide a logfile and I'll look at it. Thanks.
OK, I cut it as small as I could, and had planned on sending it as a private message, but I guess you can't do that. ;-) Argh, no .7z??? OK, another 20K wasted. ;-)
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (87.7 KB, 99 views)
Old 11-30-2015, 10:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK, I cut it as small as I could, and had planned on sending it as a private message, but I guess you can't do that. ;-) Argh, no .7z??? OK, another 20K wasted. ;-)
Thanks for the log. What's the name of the video that does not get deleted?

Old 11-30-2015, 02:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy In Youtube 2015 impossible to search in Cyrillic

Search in Cyrillic does not give any results no matter what you are searching.

any possibility to remove from the menu choices:
Browse All Categories
Browse Most Popular Video by Category

or move them at the end of the list and to put first:

Search for Videos by Keyword
Search for Channels by Keyword
Intel® Celeron® Quad-Core Processor J1900 @ 1.99 GHz; AsRock Q1900M (Intel(R) Chipset (2013-08-01) Ver.9.4.4.1006 Lithography 22 nm; Bay Trail-M/D SOC (formerly known as ValleyView2); RAM 2x4Gb Kingston 1600MHz PC3-12800 DDR3; SSD 128GB & HDD 2TB; SageTV HD200 (Firmware v.20100909 0); Hauppauge HVR-2250 PCI-E; Hauppauge HD PVR-1212; USB-UIRT; Win7Ultimate SP1; FireFox v.41.0.2; SageTV v.9.0.4.224 (STV v.2015101301); VLC v2.2.1; JRE v.1.8.00_73