SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleNT View Post
This is a huge improvement over the previous app. It would be great though if it automatically pulled in my existing favorites and subscribed channels instead of keeping its own list.
Thanks

That's on the "to do" list. I didn't work much on it because there was actually very little interest.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

At least for me, I wasn't aware there was a new YouTube plugin until I couldn't sleep one night and started flipping through the plugin library. Perhaps you could work with whoever did the existing one and have it autoupdate to yours?
Old 01-10-2016, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

There isn't an existing Youtube plugin - it's part of the core STV.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-10-2016, 06:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It would be great though if it automatically pulled in my existing favorites and subscribed channels instead of keeping its own list.
The next version will optionally display the Subscribed channels and give you the option to record new videos. There will also be a few smaller enhancements and bug fixes. The code and some preliminary is done, I'll release it in a few days after some more testing.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.03

Version 1.03 is ready, Changelog:
  • Added ability to view and record Subscribed channels for the logged on user. (See "Manage YouTube Account" options.)
  • What's New will include results from Subscribed channels if the user has selected to view them with Favorites.
  • Added ability to view channel and related playlists of the logged on user.
  • Fixed a bug introduced in v1.02 that prevented logging on to YouTube account.
  • Added error checking for a malformed youtube.properties file.
  • Reorganized Retrieval and sort order options menu.
  • If a video is recorded, watched, and deleted the Watched icon will appear when the video is displayed. (Was actually added in v1.02 but never mentioned in the change log.)
  • Split youtube-dl and youtube.properties into separate PlugIns.
  • Upgraded youtube-dl to the 2016.01.09 version.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Love it!
Old 01-14-2016, 07:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Love it!
Thanks.

Nest things I will look at:
- The Cyrillic search bug.
- Customizing the main menu.

If there are any other features or requests please post them here.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:04 PM
Sage User

Hi. I'm still using Sage 7, but I noticed your new plug-in was available. I installed it and it works! Great to have YouTube availability back in Sage. I especially like the ability to download/record. Thanks!

I do have a question and/or request, though. Having read through the thread, it appears that most people here use YouTube differently than I do. I do have a YouTube account, but I don't subscribe to any channels. What I usually do is a somewhat generalized search, then browse for results that I might be interested in viewing. This doesn't work very well in the plug-in. For example, if I search for "Dion Live", I get about 50 hits of Celine Dion and none of Dion DiMucci, whom I'm actually looking for.

I do most of my searches on a computer or an Android device and then usually place the ones I'm interested in seeing into the YouTube "Watch Later" queue, which I can then then browse and watch later on a different device.

So am I missing something--is there a way within the plug-in to browse through the videos in my "Watch Later" queue? Or would it be possible to add something like this?

Thank!
Old 01-15-2016, 06:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfolkie View Post
Hi. I'm still using Sage 7, but I noticed your new plug-in was available. I installed it and it works! Great to have YouTube availability back in Sage. I especially like the ability to download/record. Thanks!

I do have a question and/or request, though. Having read through the thread, it appears that most people here use YouTube differently than I do. I do have a YouTube account, but I don't subscribe to any channels. What I usually do is a somewhat generalized search, then browse for results that I might be interested in viewing. This doesn't work very well in the plug-in. For example, if I search for "Dion Live", I get about 50 hits of Celine Dion and none of Dion DiMucci, whom I'm actually looking for.

I do most of my searches on a computer or an Android device and then usually place the ones I'm interested in seeing into the YouTube "Watch Later" queue, which I can then then browse and watch later on a different device.

So am I missing something--is there a way within the plug-in to browse through the videos in my "Watch Later" queue? Or would it be possible to add something like this?

Thank!
To improve the searching bring up the options menu then select "Retrieval and Sort Order", then "For Videos". There you can changehow videos are retrieved (i.e. searched). "Relevance" or "Views" usually works the best for me. If you are searching for channels then choose "For Channels" from the "Retrieval and Sort Order" menu.

To get to your Watch later queue you must first log in to your YouTube account. You do this by bringing up the options menu and then selecting "Manage Your YouTube Account". That will display a URL and a code. Bring up the URL on any device (computer, phone, tablet, etc.) and enter the code, then allow the YouTube plugin to access your account.

Once you are logged in you can then select "My YouTube Channel" from the main menu which will display your Watch Later queue.

Old 01-15-2016, 09:22 PM
Sage User

I finally got this to work. I was logged in to my YouTube account (and I did authorize YouTube for SageTV to have access), but I was still not seeing anything under My YouTube Channel. Turns out that having a YouTube account wasn't enough--I also had to have an actual "My Channel" in YouTube! Duh!

So I created a "My Channel" and now I can see my "Watch Later" list, History, Favorites, etc.

Thanks for your help. And again, thanks for a great plug-in!
Old 01-16-2016, 09:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfolkie View Post
I finally got this to work. I was logged in to my YouTube account (and I did authorize YouTube for SageTV to have access), but I was still not seeing anything under My YouTube Channel. Turns out that having a YouTube account wasn't enough--I also had to have an actual "My Channel" in YouTube! Duh!

So I created a "My Channel" and now I can see my "Watch Later" list, History, Favorites, etc.

Thanks for your help. And again, thanks for a great plug-in!
Thanks for the add'l note. Was missing that as well.

Love this plug-in!!
Old 01-18-2016, 07:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.04

Version 1.04 is ready. You can now edit the main menu bu going to Options -> Menu Options -> Edit Main Menu.

Press 'Info' if you are unsure how it works.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

It seems that version 1.04 no longer works for me for some reason. It goes through the usual motions when I select a video. But instead of switching to the download widget where it shows the ETA and how much was already downloaded it is just stuck on a progress bar telling me to wait. There is nothing happening from there. Before the update it was working fine. I uninstalled the plugin and its direct dependencies but same results. I am still using Sage version 7 in case that matters. Thanks!
Old 01-27-2016, 06:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Wischgol View Post
It seems that version 1.04 no longer works for me for some reason. It goes through the usual motions when I select a video. But instead of switching to the download widget where it shows the ETA and how much was already downloaded it is just stuck on a progress bar telling me to wait. There is nothing happening from there. Before the update it was working fine. I uninstalled the plugin and its direct dependencies but same results. I am still using Sage version 7 in case that matters. Thanks!
Can you post a logfile please?

Old 01-28-2016, 05:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Can you post a logfile please?
Sure, I just created a log file. I just enabled it, ran SageTVClient, and then closed. It looks like it is downloading the file. However, there is an error when it tries to update the progress bar and I guess that keeps it from progressing and actually playing the video. I hope this makes more sense to you. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvclient_0.zip (76.8 KB, 87 views)
Old 01-29-2016, 08:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sure, I just created a log file. I just enabled it, ran SageTVClient, and then closed. It looks like it is downloading the file. However, there is an error when it tries to update the progress bar and I guess that keeps it from progressing and actually playing the video. I hope this makes more sense to you. Thanks!
Thanks. I'll look at it this weekend.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks. I'll look at it this weekend.
Thanks, I really appreciate your efforts.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.05

Version 1.05 is now available. It fixes a bug that prevented videos from being downloaded on SageTV version 7 setups.

Quote:

Old 01-31-2016, 09:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Version 1.05 is now available. It fixes a bug that prevented videos from being downloaded on SageTV version 7 setups.
Cool, thanks! I just updated and it is playing the YouTube videos again
Old 02-15-2016, 03:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

I noticed that it thinks "Best" for recording is only 720. My buddy and I share some videos that are recorded at 4k. How do I get it to "Record" at 4k?