SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolah View Post
The plugin only recorded one new YouTube video since this morning and the queue is currently showing as clear, but my wiz.bin is currently 114 MB growing from 74.7 MB and Sage has only been running for about 4 hours or so.

I do have 18 YouTube favorites, but as mentioned above, only one new video since Sage started (and by extension, only one video was ever queued). Is the wiz.bin supposed to decrease in size after the recordings are complete or after Sage exits? Does the wiz.bin grow when it's searching for things to download (even if there is nothing to be queued to download)?

One other thing is that recordings don't appear to be deleted when Sage exits even if the option "Delete Temporary Files" is set to "When Sage Exits" under the "Temporary Files Options" menu. The downloaded files just sit in the recording directory, whether they're watched or not, and persist through Sage restarts.
The wiz.bin shrinks when the core cleans it up. I can't control when that happens. Personally I'd not worry about it so much, it won't impact performance.

Things you "record" are never deleted until you delete them. The setting you are referring to only applies to files that are downloaded as a result of you watching them.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
The wiz.bin shrinks when the core cleans it up. I can't control when that happens. Personally I'd not worry about it so much, it won't impact performance.
It does impact client performance indirectly, at least the time it takes for a client to start. When the client starts, it transfers the DB from the server to the client (extenders don't need to transfer the DB so are not impacted by this). For some reason (and this has nothing to do with your plugin), Sage only seems to transfer the DB at around 25 Mbps. Even though my SageTV server and one of my clients are connected through 10 GbE NICs by way of a 10 GbE switch, it can take quite some time for the client to start up if the DB grows large. Although this isn't an issue with your plugin, do you have any idea why Sage would seem to be limited in this way? It's certainly not a hardware issue (i.e. CPU, RAM, HDD/SSD or network).

Quote:
Things you "record" are never deleted until you delete them. The setting you are referring to only applies to files that are downloaded as a result of you watching them.
I did misunderstand the meaning of that setting. It does make sense now.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubdich View Post
A second attribute I suggest to be considered is to be able to ignore watched videos when browsing favorite channels. Currently if "Maximum Items to fetch" is set to 50 and you have a favorite channel with 200 videos you won't be able to browse video 51 to 200.
This will be in the next release. I made it one of the Favorite options.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.06 Preview

Here is a beta for version 1.06. It fixes the bug that caused favorite recordings to fail and adds the ability to not fetch watched favorites and to exclude favorites from What's New.

Copy the attached to your Sage install directory on the server and unzip. You should then see an update available for the YouTube plugin.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTVPluginsDev.zip (4.8 KB, 102 views)

Old 03-26-2016, 10:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Doesnt work in the UK with default Youtube Country

Anybody else in the UK tried this plugin?

Ive found that in the UK with my default Youtube Country of "UK" I get no videos for "whats new", "browse favourite channels" (can see the channels), "Browse categories" (can list the list of catagories, but nothing in each catagory), maybe others as well.

Settings the "Youtube COuntry" in the options to Blanks (when it displays "Any Region") Everything seems to work perfectly.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
Anybody else in the UK tried this plugin?

Ive found that in the UK with my default Youtube Country of "UK" I get no videos for "whats new", "browse favourite channels" (can see the channels), "Browse categories" (can list the list of catagories, but nothing in each catagory), maybe others as well.

Settings the "Youtube COuntry" in the options to Blanks (when it displays "Any Region") Everything seems to work perfectly.
UK is not the correct code. Try "GB". See here: https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#search

Old 03-26-2016, 11:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
UK is not the correct code. Try "GB". See here: https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#search
Hmm! yes, GB does make it work.

Strangely entering UK does get accepted as a valid code and the message does say "Country code set to UK. (United Kingdom).". Dont know where the UK came from as its a while since I first used this plugin.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
Hmm! yes, GB does make it work.

Strangely entering UK does get accepted as a valid code and the message does say "Country code set to UK. (United Kingdom).". Dont know where the UK came from as its a while since I first used this plugin.
The ISO standard is odd, to say the least. "UK" is one of the codes that work in some cases, and won't work in others. Who says the ISO people do not have a sense of humor? Or should I say humour?

Old 03-28-2016, 01:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Here is a beta for version 1.06. [..]
The new favorite options (don't fetch watched favorites / exculde a favorite from 'What's new') are working great !

Last edited by wubdich; 03-28-2016 at 01:49 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubdich View Post
The new favorite options (don't fetch watched favorites / exculde a favorite from 'What's new') are working great !
Good. I will release it soon. I made another change to fix occasional duplicate Favorites.

Old 04-02-2016, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.07

Version 1.07 is released:
  • Fixed a bug that caused recording to fail if the user was not logged on to a YouTube account.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause Favorite Channels to be duplicated.
  • Added ability to not fetch watched videos when browsing Favorite Channels.
  • Added ability to exclude Favorite Channels from What's New.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Version 1.07 is released:
  • Fixed a bug that caused recording to fail if the user was not logged on to a YouTube account.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause Favorite Channels to be duplicated.
  • Added ability to not fetch watched videos when browsing Favorite Channels.
  • Added ability to exclude Favorite Channels from What's New.
thnx for the update, love this app
Old 04-06-2016, 06:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Feature Request:
Can you allow sorting of the history section so it can be sorted by most recent played? It would make things easier to find videos that you want to play again if you have kids.

PS: Also looks like clearing play history doesn't work. My history list is very long and I have been trying to keep it shorter so I can find stuff we watched last week easier.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleNT View Post
Feature Request:
Can you allow sorting of the history section so it can be sorted by most recent played? It would make things easier to find videos that you want to play again if you have kids.

PS: Also looks like clearing play history doesn't work. My history list is very long and I have been trying to keep it shorter so I can find stuff we watched last week easier.
I'll take a look this weekend to see how difficult this would be. I'll also investigate that bug.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Noticed the following folder is getting large.... 27GB right now.

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\youtube_downloads

Now I have the YouTube app configured to save to a different drive and display the files like a TV Recording. It seems this is the temp cache before they are renamed and moved. Is it safe to delete out? Also, should the app be purging this folder anyway? I did accidently set a YouTube channel to record all shows and not start from "Now". This caused my drives to fill up and crash Sage. (Opps!) So I am wondering if this is just left over from the crashed system.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok... so the youtube app is still has my old cached setting to download all videos on a channel. How do I blow this away? I un-favorited the channel but the files are still coming!
Old 04-26-2016, 12:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Noticed the following folder is getting large.... 27GB right now.

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\youtube_downloads

Now I have the YouTube app configured to save to a different drive and display the files like a TV Recording. It seems this is the temp cache before they are renamed and moved. Is it safe to delete out? Also, should the app be purging this folder anyway? I did accidently set a YouTube channel to record all shows and not start from "Now". This caused my drives to fill up and crash Sage. (Opps!) So I am wondering if this is just left over from the crashed system.
That folder should be empty. As you surmised, it uses that location as a temporary holding place for downloaded videos. Please send me a log file so I can see why the files are not being deleted.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok... so the youtube app is still has my old cached setting to download all videos on a channel. How do I blow this away? I un-favorited the channel but the files are still coming!
It may be that the files are already queued up. Go to the recording options and look for "Purge Queue". That will stop everything.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

That did the trick. The folder is clearing out now. I think the issue was that it maxed out the drive. Should change the default to record to "From Now" instead of "All". Even a warning that you will be downloading all videos would work.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:35 AM
Sage User

Plugin API

Is there an API for this plugin?

I am making an Alexa skill, and it would be awesome if I can ask SageTV to play a youtube video by voice. Can I call your plugin from a sagex javascript with a string, search for a video, and automatically play top result on a UIContext?