SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:27 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Check that you are still logged on to your YouTube account. My plugin will keep you logged in a long while, but you will eventually have to log in again.
I did try logging out, then back in like you suggest. It made no difference. So I created a new list on YouTube and moved my videos to that. It seems that YouTube has changed the Watch Later list security from Public to Private. If there is a way to change that, I can't find it.

Quote:
I haven't upgraded any of the plugins since hearing about the "pluginageddon".
That sounds ominous.

Again, that's for creating such a great plugin. I use it daily. If there were a way to send a small gift as expression of my thanks, I'd be the first to use it. ( <--That's a hint.)

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 09-18-2016, 06:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I did try logging out, then back in like you suggest. It made no difference. So I created a new list on YouTube and moved my videos to that. It seems that YouTube has changed the Watch Later list security from Public to Private. If there is a way to change that, I can't find it.

Again, that's for creating such a great plugin. I use it daily. If there were a way to send a small gift as expression of my thanks, I'd be the first to use it. ( <--That's a hint.)
I'll have to take a look at what's going on with the Watch Later list. I typically do not use it and will need to setup some test cases.

Thanks for the offer for the gift. I'm afraid if I start accepting money this will become a job, and that's something I do not want If you want to give something, give some money to a charity of your choice. There are plenty of people who need all the help they can get.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Anyone else having trouble with YouTube | My YouTube Channel | Watch Later?

I have a couple dozen videos in my Watch Later list on YouTube's website. This has worked wonderfully until yesterday. Now it shows Sage shows 0 videos.

The change made on my system was the latest round of updates for Win7. I'm hoping for all your sakes that I'm the only one, but conversely I'd like to not uninstall these one at a time and test.

Anyone?
Good news: I know why this isn't working anymore.

Bad news: I can't fix it. Google changed the API, Watch Later and Watch History is no longer available through the API. Here is the relevant part of the September 15, 2016 revision history: (https://developers.google.com/youtub...tember-15-2016)

Quote:
"Requests to retrieve playlist details (playlists.list) for a channel's watch history or watch later playlist will return an empty list after September 12, 2016. Requests to retrieve playlist items (playlistItems.list) in either of those playlists will also return an empty list after that time. This is true for the new values, HL and WL, as well as for any watch history or watch later playlist IDs that your API Client may have already stored."

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Talking

pluginageddon?

Ditto on the great plugin. Some days I use it more than the actual TV tuner!
Old 09-19-2016, 04:13 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Good news: I know why this isn't working anymore.

Bad news: I can't fix it. Google changed the API, Watch Later and Watch History is no longer available through the API. Here is the relevant part of the September 15, 2016 revision history: (https://developers.google.com/youtub...tember-15-2016)
For anyone else with this trouble, my solution follows.

Using the YouTube website, I created a new playlist. I named mine SageTV. After restarting Sage it showed up in the My YouTube Channel list. It's just that easy.

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 09-20-2016, 07:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
For anyone else with this trouble, my solution follows.

Using the YouTube website, I created a new playlist. I named mine SageTV. After restarting Sage it showed up in the My YouTube Channel list. It's just that easy.
Do you manually add items to the playlist or do you have an automated way to copy the contents of the "Watch Later" playlist to it?

Old 09-22-2016, 08:35 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Do you manually add items to the playlist or do you have an automated way to copy the contents of the "Watch Later" playlist to it?
No programming. I just moved them manually.

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 10-23-2016, 07:32 AM
SageTVaholic

New youtube-dl

I just updated the "youtube-dl" Library plugin. If you are experiencing any problems watching to recording videos please try updating to this version.

Old 12-27-2016, 05:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I just updated the "youtube-dl" Library plugin. If you are experiencing any problems watching to recording videos please try updating to this version.
Good morning. Youtube has been working fine up until today - I noticed an update for this today and now Youtube is broken.
Strangely enough:
Update is dated October or even Sept 2016 - I could swear I check my plugins for updates every two weeks, and

My Sage PC client works fine. All my HD300's and HD200's are broken. Just hangs when you try to watch ANY Youtube video. If it disable the "download video first" I get "Media not found on server".

Anyone having any issues with Youtube on 12/27/16 (today) or here recently? Thanks, Shawn

Last edited by Shield; 12-27-2016 at 06:08 AM.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
Good morning. Youtube has been working fine - I noticed an update for this today and now Youtube is broken.
Strangely enough:
Update is dated October or even Sept 2016 - I could swear I check my plugins for updates every two weeks, and

My Sage PC client works fine. All my HD300's and HD200's are broken. Just hangs when you try to watch ANY Youtube video. If it disable the "download video first" I get "Media not found on server".

Anyone having any issues with Youtube on 12/27/16 (today) or here recently? Thanks, Shawn
Please reproduce the error and attach a logfile for me to look at.

Old 12-27-2016, 06:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

In checking my server backups, as of 2 days ago I was using the youtube-dl from 01/10 without any issues.
Updated to the October file broke the ability to even watch any videos.

I am doing a full restore of my SageTV directories on the server from backup; we'll see what happens.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Please reproduce the error and attach a logfile for me to look at.
Good morning! Troubleshooting everything on my end before I get the experts involved...
Old 12-27-2016, 06:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

After a full restore all is well again. I think I can break it again by updating to the Oct youtube-dl file, but I think I'll pass.
Probably something on my end....thanks for your help!
Shawn
Old 01-02-2017, 08:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
After a full restore all is well again. I think I can break it again by updating to the Oct youtube-dl file, but I think I'll pass.
Probably something on my end....thanks for your help!
Shawn
FYI. I did check and on my system the October youtube-dl is working fine. If it stops working for you please post a log,

Old 01-08-2017, 12:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just started having problems with this plugin again.

I get the error, "The requested media file was not on the server."

I went ahead and installed the latest available youtube-dl file, but it didn't solve the issue.

I've attached a log file. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Rob23; 01-10-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
I just started having problems with this plugin again.

I get the error, "The requested media file was not on the server."

I went ahead and installed the latest available youtube-dl file, but it didn't solve the issue.

I've attached a log file. Anyone have any ideas?
The logfile only shows your server starting and then stopping. There are no requests to the YouTube plugin (other than to start and stop it). What did you do to generate the error? Are you using an extender or SageClient?

Old 01-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The logfile only shows your server starting and then stopping. There are no requests to the YouTube plugin (other than to start and stop it). What did you do to generate the error? Are you using an extender or SageClient?
Thank you for the response. I apologize for the unhelpful log file. I am using an extender, but was using SageTV from my server when I created that log. I'll create a new log file and access Sage from the HD200 extender.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

I believe this log file now captures the failure. I had the logging level set at trace and accessed via the HD200 extender. In scanning the file, I see where YT indicates it is about to begin to play a file and starts progressive playback. This is followed by a message "YT: DeviceAuth.getUsableAccessToken: Could not get access code. Reauthentication needed."

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Rob23; 01-10-2017 at 01:17 PM. Reason: deleted quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
I believe this log file now captures the failure. I had the logging level set at trace and accessed via the HD200 extender. In scanning the file, I see where YT indicates it is about to begin to play a file and starts progressive playback. This is followed by a message "YT: DeviceAuth.getUsableAccessToken: Could not get access code. Reauthentication needed."

Any thoughts?
The message about reauthorization is not really a problem, but you should log in again to get full access to your YouTube account.

Try backing up your current version of youtube-dl and replacing it with the latest one from here: https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html

Post another logfile if it does not work.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The message about reauthorization is not really a problem, but you should log in again to get full access to your YouTube account.

Try backing up your current version of youtube-dl and replacing it with the latest one from here: https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html

Post another logfile if it does not work.
Thank you for your taking time to look at this and for your patience.

A point of clarification - I have never logged into a YouTube account as I don't use the download function of this plugin. I just stream the videos as I go.

Before the last log file that I uploaded yesterday, I had grabbed the latest youtube-dl and loaded it in the SageTV install directory, replacing the previous version. So, I don't think that is the issue.

It is definitely displaying the latest videos on my favorite channels; I just can't get anything to play.

Only other thing I can think of is that it could be a Windows 7 firewall issue. I have all of the Sage-related ports open and appear to be able to see videos that are on YouTube, but they just won't play.

Any other thoughts?