SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Looks like it's working well. Thank you!
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 01-30-2017, 07:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
Looks like it's working well. Thank you!
Thanks for "beta testing"

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

thanks tmiranda!
Old 01-30-2017, 07:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Thank you, Tom.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Exclamation The Cyrillic search bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Thanks.

Nest things I will look at:
- The Cyrillic search bug.
- Customizing the main menu.

If there are any other features or requests please post them here.
any news about The Cyrillic search bug?
Intel® Celeron® Quad-Core Processor J1900 @ 1.99 GHz; AsRock Q1900M (Intel(R) Chipset (2013-08-01) Ver.9.4.4.1006 Lithography 22 nm; Bay Trail-M/D SOC (formerly known as ValleyView2); RAM 2x4Gb Kingston 1600MHz PC3-12800 DDR3; SSD 128GB & HDD 2TB; SageTV HD200 (Firmware v.20100909 0); Hauppauge HVR-2250 PCI-E; Hauppauge HD PVR-1212; USB-UIRT; Win7Ultimate SP1; FireFox v.41.0.2; SageTV v.9.0.4.224 (STV v.2015101301); VLC v2.2.1; JRE v.1.8.00_73
Old 02-24-2017, 10:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasev View Post
any news about The Cyrillic search bug?
Unfortunately no. Sorry

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
A new version is available in the repository. This version fixes the bug that shows up in the latest builds of SageTV and it incorporates the latest youtube-dl.
I had this working under Sage v.7 - installed v.9, and then re-installed plugins including YouTube. I get the usual "content must be downloaded" requester, but then everything stops with the line "Downloading js player en_US-vflVlxFvV

any idea what I may be doing wrong? I checked my record dirs, etc in 'configuration', and all seemed correct.

I did go to 'device' entered code. logged in etc. as well

UPDATE: re-installed the exe from GitHub and got past the js downloading bit
PSS UPDATE: Ok, things are downloading and playing, but for the life of me, I can't find the downloaded files. They aren't in the directory I named under 'Options', and they aren't in the default Sage/ youtube dir from what I can see. What's the best way to search for a recent YouTube download?
The temp dir I selected IS populating, but the record dir isn't for some reason. Should it? I'd like to save the odd YouTube video with their text names, as opposed to coded names found in the temp dir.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 02-25-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
I had this working under Sage v.7 - installed v.9, and then re-installed plugins including YouTube. I get the usual "content must be downloaded" requester, but then everything stops with the line "Downloading js player en_US-vflVlxFvV

any idea what I may be doing wrong? I checked my record dirs, etc in 'configuration', and all seemed correct.

I did go to 'device' entered code. logged in etc. as well

UPDATE: re-installed the exe from GitHub and got past the js downloading bit
PSS UPDATE: Ok, things are downloading and playing, but for the life of me, I can't find the downloaded files. They aren't in the directory I named under 'Options', and they aren't in the default Sage/ youtube dir from what I can see. What's the best way to search for a recent YouTube download?
The temp dir I selected IS populating, but the record dir isn't for some reason. Should it? I'd like to save the odd YouTube video with their text names, as opposed to coded names found in the temp dir.
What exe did you download from GitHub? There is the youtube_dl plugin but you should never download that directly. I'm also not sure what you mean by "got by the js downloading bit"?

If you are recording the videos they will first be downloaded to the "youtube_downloads" directory in the Sage root, then they get moved to the directory you specify under options. If you are only watching the videos they will be downloaded to the temp directory you specify under options.

Send a logfile and I'll look to see what's happening.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
What exe did you download from GitHub? There is the youtube_dl plugin but you should never download that directly. I'm also not sure what you mean by "got by the js downloading bit"?

If you are recording the videos they will first be downloaded to the "youtube_downloads" directory in the Sage root, then they get moved to the directory you specify under options. If you are only watching the videos they will be downloaded to the temp directory you specify under options.

That is also where mine hangs. The dialog box just sits on "Downloading js player en_US-vflVlxFvV".
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 MB, Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz, Crucial Ballistix Gaming 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200, EVGA GT 1030SC, WD Black NVMe SSD 250GB, 1x WD120EFAX 12TB, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 1x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, Colossus 2, WinTV-DualHD USB, Windows 11 64bit
Old 02-26-2017, 09:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Using Windows 7 32 bit, can you post the link for the proper youtube_dl? I though I grabbed the correct one, and followed the install instructions. All I can tell you is that installing the plugin via SageTV's plugin menu yielded inoperable results, hanging at that "download js player" window. Copying the .exe into the Sage install dir at least got things up and running.

The videos DO get recorded to the temp dir with their Youtube coded names. They DON'T seem to get 'moved' to my specified dir, however.

When recording, as opposed to watching, a red circle with white center appears. is there an indicator that progresses, or something saying 'complete', or does the red/white circle just disappear?

Where is the log file located, and how is it named? Thanks
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 02-26-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction View Post
That is also where mine hangs. The dialog box just sits on "Downloading js player en_US-vflVlxFvV".
Some files play and some files go through a dialog that starts with "downloading web page" and then "Downloading js player en_US-vflVlxFvV". It looks like in my case some file formats are supported and some not.
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 MB, Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz, Crucial Ballistix Gaming 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200, EVGA GT 1030SC, WD Black NVMe SSD 250GB, 1x WD120EFAX 12TB, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 1x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, Colossus 2, WinTV-DualHD USB, Windows 11 64bit
Old 02-26-2017, 11:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

This is what I'm seeing:

https://youtu.be/0ldHreMyP3s
Old 02-26-2017, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction View Post
This is what I'm seeing:

https://youtu.be/0ldHreMyP3s
OK, now I see what you mean.

Try downloading the latest youtube-dl from here: https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl#installation

If you are using Windows make sure you download youtube-dl.exe. (There is a link in the third paragraph.) If you are using Linux, make sure you make youtube-dl executable after downloading it. Overwrite the existing youtube-dl(.exe) in the Sage install directory.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Using Windows 7 32 bit, can you post the link for the proper youtube_dl? I though I grabbed the correct one, and followed the install instructions. All I can tell you is that installing the plugin via SageTV's plugin menu yielded inoperable results, hanging at that "download js player" window. Copying the .exe into the Sage install dir at least got things up and running.

The videos DO get recorded to the temp dir with their Youtube coded names. They DON'T seem to get 'moved' to my specified dir, however.

When recording, as opposed to watching, a red circle with white center appears. is there an indicator that progresses, or something saying 'complete', or does the red/white circle just disappear?

Where is the log file located, and how is it named? Thanks
See my previous post on where to get an updated youtube-dl.

If the videos do not get moved out of the youtube_download directory then something is wrong. Send me a logfile to look at. Where the file gets moved to and what it's named is controlled by the options. (Look under "recording options".)

The red and white dot next to the recording means it's in the queue to be downloaded. When it's actually downloading you will see the "Rec" icon.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
See my previous post on where to get an updated youtube-dl.

If the videos do not get moved out of the youtube_download directory then something is wrong. Send me a logfile to look at. Where the file gets moved to and what it's named is controlled by the options. (Look under "recording options".)

The red and white dot next to the recording means it's in the queue to be downloaded. When it's actually downloading you will see the "Rec" icon.
OK, I think there was one step I was missing: if you leave the YouTube menu, nothing gets recorded. I was selecting and starting recording items, but then going to my directory on the desktop. That cancelled whatever was in the queue. Is that the way it's supposed to be, i.e. you can't leave the YouTube video menu until AFTER the 'REC' icon has come and gone? And, what if the icon goes from 'Queue' to 'nothing', i.e the REC icon never appears? I get that when I try to download some longer form (60 minutes) videos. The coded video shows up in the temp dir, but never makes it to the assigned recording dir.

Last edited by tvmaster2; 02-26-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK, I think there was one step I was missing: if you leave the YouTube menu, nothing gets recorded. I was selecting and starting recording items, but then going to my directory on the desktop. That cancelled whatever was in the queue. Is that the way it's supposed to be, i.e. you can't leave the YouTube video menu until AFTER the 'REC' icon has come and gone? And, what if the icon goes from 'Queue' to 'nothing', i.e the REC icon never appears? I get that when I try to download some longer form (60 minutes) videos. The coded video shows up in the temp dir, but never makes it to the assigned recording dir.
No, that's not right. Once you select a video to record you can leave the menu. Please send a logfile where you start a recording and leave the menu.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No, that's not right. Once you select a video to record you can leave the menu. Please send a logfile where you start a recording and leave the menu.
OK, will do. Which log file is the one you need - there are a few. I run the SageTVService, so do you want the sagetv_x log, or the sagetvclient_x log?

Last edited by tvmaster2; 02-27-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK, will do. Which log file is the one you need - there are a few. I run the SageTVService, so do you want the sagetv_x log, or the sagetvclient_x log?
Send both, but I'm most interested in the service logfile. The client logfile should not have much in it because the client just sends requests to the server.

Old 02-27-2017, 02:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Send both, but I'm most interested in the service logfile. The client logfile should not have much in it because the client just sends requests to the server.
excuse my lack of knowledge in this department - so the sagetv_x log file = "service" logfile?
Old 02-27-2017, 05:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
OK, now I see what you mean.

Try downloading the latest youtube-dl from here: https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl#installation

If you are using Windows make sure you download youtube-dl.exe. (There is a link in the third paragraph.) If you are using Linux, make sure you make youtube-dl executable after downloading it. Overwrite the existing youtube-dl(.exe) in the Sage install directory.
Thanks! This got all the functionality working, including background downloading while navigating away from the YouTube menus. I get a little "Tube" icon on the top of the screen. I'm unable to change the download path, it just defaults to c:\Divx\Download, which I think I may have set up on an earlier version. Changing it in the configuration for Youtube dl in the Plugins config doesn't make it download to a different directory.