SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-13-2017, 04:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction View Post
The searches... long list of previous search strings, but the latest one pops into the search box. Is this how it's supposed to work?
Yes.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:47 PM
Sage Icon

I just wanted to pop in here and say a big THANK YOU to Tmiranda for this plugin. I am using it in V9, but didn't see an entry for it in the V9 Customizations thread.

It helped me out today. On Saturday I was over at a friends house helping him install a new faucet in his kitchen sink so I wasn't home when my scheduled recording of the ST. Petersburg FL IndyCar race aired on ABC. My local ABC affiliate (WTNH) decided that even though that is what was listed in the EPG and listings on their own website that they'd air 3 or more hours of ST. Patrick's Day festivites/parade in New Haven, CT rather than the IndyCar race. While watching 3 hours of idiots too stupid to come in out of 10-15 degree weather was semi entertaining, it wasn't anywhere near as good as watching the first IndyCar race of the season on a street course.
The only reason I watched any of it was in hopes of seeing a crawl on the bottom of the screen saying when they planned on airing the race, but nothing ever appeared and nothing showed up in my EPG as another airing of the race.

So this morning I found a Satellite feed on YouTube. Sat video with the ABC audio which had one major benefit, NO STUPID COMMERCIALS during the typical ABC/ESPN "side by each" racing where they put the race video in a tiny window with a big window airing commercials for several minutes. Downside, sometimes the audio descriptions didn't match the video. They'd be talking about some replacy the ABC feed was showing while the Sat feed just kept showing the race.

Anyway,,,,,, I suffered through trying to watch it at my computer desk in the browser, but eventually said to myself, I wonder if I can watch this on SageTV through the YouTube online option. Tried, but as most everybody knows the built in YouTube in SageTV doesn't work any more. I recalled seeing talk about the YouTube 2015 plugin and figured I'd give it a try.
Loaded it up and searched for the video I had been watching. Found it, and when I called up the options I saw "Record". Whaaaa? OK, lets give this a go! A while later, there was the "recording" in my list of recordings.
Way better watchiing it sitting on my couch on my 55" HD-TV than sitting in my comfortable, yet not as comfortable as the couch, office chair and watching it on a "puny" 24" computer monitor.

So, thanks again Tmiranda! AWESOME!
Old 03-14-2017, 11:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
...My local ABC affiliate (WTNH) decided that even though that is what was listed in the EPG and listings on their own website that they'd air 3 or more hours of ST. Patrick's Day festivites/parade in New Haven, CT rather than the IndyCar race. While watching 3 hours of idiots too stupid to come in out of 10-15 degree weather was semi entertaining, it wasn't anywhere near as good as watching the first IndyCar race of the season on a street course.
So, thanks again Tmiranda! AWESOME!
Your local affiliate sounds awful. lol. It was the season opener! Glad you found the plugin
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 03-15-2017, 03:51 AM
SageTVaholic

You're welcome.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Your local affiliate sounds awful. lol. It was the season opener! Glad you found the plugin
I wish I could say this was the first time I'd seen this from WTNH, but they do it on far too many occasions to air some local even, BBall game, etc. Usually they set up a re-air late night somewhere in the next few days, not this time as far as I could tell.
I may be using this plugin on future occasions when they, or another channel pull these kind of shenanigans.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I wish I could say this was the first time I'd seen this from WTNH, but they do it on far too many occasions to air some local even, BBall game, etc. Usually they set up a re-air late night somewhere in the next few days, not this time as far as I could tell.
I may be using this plugin on future occasions when they, or another channel pull these kind of shenanigans.
If NBCHDSN is still carrying the bulk of the races, they usually have repeats online.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 03-16-2017, 07:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If NBCHDSN is still carrying the bulk of the races, they usually have repeats online.
Oddly, this race only showed up airing on WTNH (ABC). None of the traditional sports channels were showing it. Unless of course they've changed the title of the series coverage and my favorite isn't picking it up.
That happens all the time from year to year for U.S. Motorcycle Road Racing and I have to create another favorite.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Oddly, this race only showed up airing on WTNH (ABC). None of the traditional sports channels were showing it. Unless of course they've changed the title of the series coverage and my favorite isn't picking it up.
That happens all the time from year to year for U.S. Motorcycle Road Racing and I have to create another favorite.
The major network usually carries the opener, Indianapolis and Long Beach. Same with F1 - Monaco, CDN and U.S. Grand Prix. Otherwise, it's on the B nets.

Well looky here: http://www.indycar.com/Videos/2017/0...race-broadcast

That was easy...

Last edited by tvmaster2; 03-16-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The major network usually carries the opener, Indianapolis and Long Beach. Same with F1 - Monaco, CDN and U.S. Grand Prix. Otherwise, it's on the B nets.

Well looky here: http://www.indycar.com/Videos/2017/0...race-broadcast

That was easy...
Sure, several days later. I did look there the day after the race and it wasn't there. They did have video of the practices and I think Qualifying, but not the race.
I did find an online video the day after the race on ESPN, but it was sooo bad, audio and video glitches/droputs it was *IMHO* unwatchable. That version you found (just posted yesterday BTW) looks much better. Sorry, just couldn't wait for 5 days to see the race.
Plus it got me to install this plugin which I otherwise probably wouldn't have since I so rarely watch YouTube videos.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sure, several days later. I did look there the day after the race and it wasn't there. They did have video of the practices and I think Qualifying, but not the race.
I did find an online video the day after the race on ESPN, but it was sooo bad, audio and video glitches/droputs it was *IMHO* unwatchable. That version you found (just posted yesterday BTW) looks much better. Sorry, just couldn't wait for 5 days to see the race.
Plus it got me to install this plugin which I otherwise probably wouldn't have since I so rarely watch YouTube videos.
who's posting the videos on youtube?
Old 03-18-2017, 04:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
who's posting the videos on youtube?
Most of the ones I saw were Satellite feeds (foreign, not Dish/DirectTV) with the English audio overlayed. I say that because it was the ABC announcers/pit reporters but it didn't always match up with what was on screen, especially when ABC was doing a replay of a crash, pit stop, etc. The Satellite video stayed on the race coverage in most of those instances. They also seemed to strip out the "side by each" commercial audio, so whenever the ABC audio would go to one of those you'd get 3-5 minutes of race video with no audio. The audio would return when ABC returned by the STUPID "side by each" commercials.

Some of the Satellite were glitchy like the ESPN video I found with video and/or audio dropouts. I did find one very clean video and that is the one I watched.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
They also seemed to strip out the "side by each" commercial audio, so whenever the ABC audio would go to one of those you'd get 3-5 minutes of race video with no audio. The audio would return when ABC returned by the STUPID "side by each" commercials.

Some of the Satellite were glitchy like the ESPN video I found with video and/or audio dropouts. I did find one very clean video and that is the one I watched.
Totally OT but here it goes. I actually think the side-by-side thing is a decent solution to the problem of balancing the network's need to make money and the viewer's need to see the whole race. What other solutions are there? The network has to make money to pay for the production of the race and hopefully make their shareholders a profit. They can go the subscription route but I bet the viewership would drop.

So I ask: How would you prefer to "pay" for the content? We have 200 years to wait before The Federation is founded and everything is free. What do we do before then?

Old 04-17-2017, 05:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Music videos will not play

Getting error: The requested media file was not found on the server

Only appears to be occurring on music videos ( anything ). Other videos are working fine
Old 04-17-2017, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Getting error: The requested media file was not found on the server

Only appears to be occurring on music videos ( anything ). Other videos are working fine
Please reproduce the error and attach the logfile for me to look at.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

log file attached

sagetv_0.zip file attached as requested.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (96.7 KB, 84 views)
Old 04-18-2017, 07:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
sagetv_0.zip file attached as requested.

Thanks
youtube_dl is failing for some reason. If you haven't done so already try manually updating to the latest youtube_dl. The instructions are in a previous post in this thread. (Basically download the Windows version of youtube_dl from here https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/ and replace the existing executable.)

Old 04-18-2017, 10:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Many thanks, it was indeed a different version. Downloaded version from the link and now working.

interesting as had completely uninstalled all youtube plugins,restarted and re-installed.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Many thanks, it was indeed a different version. Downloaded version from the link and now working.

interesting as had completely uninstalled all youtube plugins,restarted and re-installed.
Glad that worked.

Unfortunately YouTube changes things up quite often. The good news is that youtube_dl is very actively updated.

Old 04-30-2017, 04:51 PM
Sage Icon

Basic Question

I installed the youtube plugin and set the options. How do I watch? Do I go to from the main menu, Online, YouTube Videos? Isn't that the one from Sage? Because I just get No Videos Found when I go there.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961 View Post
I installed the youtube plugin and set the options. How do I watch? Do I go to from the main menu, Online, YouTube Videos? Isn't that the one from Sage? Because I just get No Videos Found when I go there.
You are in the right place. If you are still getting the old menu something went wrong with the install.

Did you install the plugin from the "UI Mod" section? If you installed it from the "General" section the UI will not be updated.

Are you using the default STV? It will only work if you are.

Are you using one of the dynamic menu plugins? If you are you must add the YouTube menu. (Which I do not know how to do because I don't use the dynamic menu plugin.)