SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Sage Icon

I'm using SageTV7.xml for the UI and I have version 9. Both the Youtube Fix and the Youtube Recording are enabled.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961 View Post
I'm using SageTV7.xml for the UI and I have version 9. Both the Youtube Fix and the Youtube Recording are enabled.
I think YouTube fix and YouTube recording are other plugins? If so, uninstall them. Install "YouTube (2015)" from the UI Mod section and nothing else. My plugin will install everything that is needed.

You're not using one of the dynamic menu plugins?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Sage Icon

That worked. Thank you again.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
Interesting. When I went to the temp file directory, I found a handful of MPEG-4 files with file sizes of 0 KB, including the one in the error log referenced above. After manually deleting these files and running a Scan Imported Media in Sage, the above video is able to play in Sage. I am going to monitor the temp file directory to see if I can identify a build-up of these zero length files. Thank you again for your help
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Glad it's now working. Let me know if you see a pattern with those zero length files. I should probably put a check for that in the code.
I continue to experience occasional issues with zero length files being created and not deleted from the temp directory. This results in receiving a message that the requested file is no longer available on the disk when attempting to play the Youtube video in Sage. Is there a way that the plugin can be modified such that the YT: Util.fileIsDownloaded process is never run? My objective is for the plugin to never look to determine if the file was previously downloaded and to always re-download a file when a video is selected for playback.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

I finally figured out why I some youtube videos wouldn't play for me.

After digging in the log today, I found the following error:

YT: StreamGetter: stderr: youtube_dl.utils.ExtractorError: Cannot identify player '/yts/jsbin/player-vflGD0HaZ/en_US/base.js'; please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug.

This had already been addressed on GitHub (here's a link if anyone is interested).

I just downloaded the latest version of youtube_dl and installed it in the sage directory. Problem solved.

Tom - if you have time, others might benefit from an update to the plugin to include the latest version of youtube_dl. Thanks again for a great plugin.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
I finally figured out why I some youtube videos wouldn't play for me.

After digging in the log today, I found the following error:

YT: StreamGetter: stderr: youtube_dl.utils.ExtractorError: Cannot identify player '/yts/jsbin/player-vflGD0HaZ/en_US/base.js'; please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug.

This had already been addressed on GitHub (here's a link if anyone is interested).

I just downloaded the latest version of youtube_dl and installed it in the sage directory. Problem solved.

Tom - if you have time, others might benefit from an update to the plugin to include the latest version of youtube_dl. Thanks again for a great plugin.
Thanks. Maybe next weekend I will have the time.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just installed the plug in. The only options menu I can get is when looking at the plugin details and then pressing Enter. I get Close or Uninstall Plugin as options. Could you please tell me what I'm missing? Then, do I just go to the normal YouTube menu to use, or is there some other place for the plug in? Thank you.
STV 9.1.5.683 / Vista Premium / Compaq Presario SR-5550F / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 / nvidia GeForce 8400GS / 3 GB DDR2 / 500 GB SATA / 1 TB SATA / M2N68-LA Motherboard / Hauppauge HVR-1250 / Hauppauge HVR-1600 / 2 x STX-HD100 / OTA / Channel Master FLATenna 35
Old 07-23-2017, 11:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardATeller View Post
Just installed the plug in. The only options menu I can get is when looking at the plugin details and then pressing Enter. I get Close or Uninstall Plugin as options. Could you please tell me what I'm missing? Then, do I just go to the normal YouTube menu to use, or is there some other place for the plug in? Thank you.
From the Plugin manager select "General" and then "YouTube Recording Engine" under there. You should see an option to configure the plugin.

If it installed properly you should go to Online -> YouTube Videos to access the menus.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
From the Plugin manager select "General" and then "YouTube Recording Engine" under there. You should see an option to configure the plugin.

If it installed properly you should go to Online -> YouTube Videos to access the menus.
Thanks! Stupid me had downloaded one of the components instead of the full plugin. Now when I try to download the correct plugin, I'm getting an error message on installation that I need Jackson Core 2.5.1 from Source Forge.

UPDATE: Downloaded the JAR, put it in the JAR directory, rebooted, still getting the same error. Do I need to be running STV version 9?
STV 9.1.5.683 / Vista Premium / Compaq Presario SR-5550F / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 / nvidia GeForce 8400GS / 3 GB DDR2 / 500 GB SATA / 1 TB SATA / M2N68-LA Motherboard / Hauppauge HVR-1250 / Hauppauge HVR-1600 / 2 x STX-HD100 / OTA / Channel Master FLATenna 35

Last edited by EdwardATeller; 07-23-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks! Stupid me had downloaded one of the components instead of the full plugin. Now when I try to download the correct plugin, I'm getting an error message on installation that I need Jackson Core 2.5.1 from Source Forge.

UPDATE: Downloaded the JAR, put it in the JAR directory, rebooted, still getting the same error. Do I need to be running STV version 9?
If you install the correct plugin it should install everything you need. What specifically did you install previously and what are you trying to install now? Where are you getting the error about the missing Jackson Core?

One thing you may want to try is installing the jackson core plugin instead of manually installing the JAR.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
If you install the correct plugin it should install everything you need. What specifically did you install previously and what are you trying to install now? Where are you getting the error about the missing Jackson Core?

One thing you may want to try is installing the jackson core plugin instead of manually installing the JAR.
Thank you for the reply. I had installed your youtube-dl plugin at first. Now I'm trying to install your YouTube (2015) plugin, but I get the attached error message.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jackson.jpg (164.9 KB, 115 views)

Last edited by EdwardATeller; 07-27-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:11 AM
SageTVaholic

I believe the jackson-core, has been moved to bintray instead of sourceforge, but it appears (at least from your error message) that this did not happen in the v7 plugni repository. I just checked, and it IS available from bintray in the v9 repo - and frankly, I can't see a reason NOT to move from v7 to v9 - so if you do that, it should install just fine in v9.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-27-2017, 07:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I believe the jackson-core, has been moved to bintray instead of sourceforge, but it appears (at least from your error message) that this did not happen in the v7 plugni repository. I just checked, and it IS available from bintray in the v9 repo - and frankly, I can't see a reason NOT to move from v7 to v9 - so if you do that, it should install just fine in v9.
Fair enough. I'll research v9 and post back if I make the move. Thanks.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Installed v9 right over v7 without a hitch. Installed Jackson Core and YouTube (2015) with no problem. So thanks for the spot on suggestion.

I see the videos now in the menu, but I still haven't successfully played one.

Update:
The problem seems to have been I was trying to play music videos that may be flagged in some way. Other videos play fine.

Last edited by EdwardATeller; 07-27-2017 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Installed v9 right over v7 without a hitch. Installed Jackson Core and YouTube (2015) with no problem. So thanks for the spot on suggestion.

I see the videos now in the menu, but I still haven't successfully played one.

Update:
The problem seems to have been I was trying to play music videos that may be flagged in some way. Other videos play fine.
I never tried audio only videos. Sorry they don't work.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I meant music videos under the music category. None of the ones I tried worked, and I thought it meant the plugin wasn't working at first since I hadn't tried another category yet. Then I tried other categories, and they worked. Maybe it's a problem on my end, or maybe those videos are flagged so people can't download them because of copyright issues. I attached a screen shot of a typical result when trying to download a music video. Never gets past that screen.

Anyway, thank you writing such a great plugin and thanks for the help getting it to work on my side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error2.jpg (157.0 KB, 117 views)

Last edited by EdwardATeller; 07-29-2017 at 09:03 AM. Reason: added screen shot
Old 07-30-2017, 11:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I meant music videos under the music category. None of the ones I tried worked, and I thought it meant the plugin wasn't working at first since I hadn't tried another category yet. Then I tried other categories, and they worked. Maybe it's a problem on my end, or maybe those videos are flagged so people can't download them because of copyright issues. I attached a screen shot of a typical result when trying to download a music video. Never gets past that screen.

Anyway, thank you writing such a great plugin and thanks for the help getting it to work on my side.
OK, I see. Can you post a log after getting this error?

Old 08-19-2017, 06:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Speaking of things that may not work, is there a limit on the size of a video which can be downloaded / watched by the plugin? I'm trying to download a recent concert video a fan shot which is 1:09 in length, and the plugin goes from the red circle with white center to nothing in about 5 seconds.

If I go about it from the "watch video" angle, it just gets stuck on "Extracting Video Information".

The video CAN be downloaded via Mozilla and its plugins on a PC.
Any thoughts?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 08-20-2017, 06:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Speaking of things that may not work, is there a limit on the size of a video which can be downloaded / watched by the plugin? I'm trying to download a recent concert video a fan shot which is 1:09 in length, and the plugin goes from the red circle with white center to nothing in about 5 seconds.

If I go about it from the "watch video" angle, it just gets stuck on "Extracting Video Information".

The video CAN be downloaded via Mozilla and its plugins on a PC.
Any thoughts?
There is no size limit.

It probably needs the latest version of youtube_dl. Download the latest version from here and replace the one in your sage install directory. https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

Old 08-20-2017, 10:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
There is no size limit.

It probably needs the latest version of youtube_dl. Download the latest version from here and replace the one in your sage install directory. https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/
thanks - is it best to use the windows exe, or install manually somehow (W7)

EDIT: figured it out - thanks, that seems to have done the trick. PS - how would we know there are new files available for download? In the past, the plugin dir would state "update available".
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 08-20-2017 at 10:25 AM.