SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:45 PM
Sage Expert

so, I think I found the culprit...
all my clients are HDx00's
so to debug, I just loaded the latest and greatest windows V9 client on my desktop (server is unraid docker, and that auto updates when restarted I think? and it restarted lately, so my current out of date windows client would not connect to server... so had to upgrade to latest & greatest)
when I loaded the latest & greatest V9 client on to my desktop, Youtube 2015 worked mostly fine (wouldn't d/load content but that is probably some weird PC config issue that I don't really care about, and the number 1 reason I love the HDx00 clients...)
anyway, UI worked fine, just like I expect it too...
then I switched to the Gemstone UI, because, well, Gemstone! , besides all the HDx00's are Gemstoned, so figured it would be a good test.
and YT 2015 is now nowhere to be found! it is that evil JusJoken maliciously hiding YT 2015 UI stuff with the latest 1.0404 STV!

Old 10-24-2017, 04:46 PM
Sage Expert

hey! when did photobucket get extra cheesy?
Old 10-25-2017, 04:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
then I switched to the Gemstone UI, because, well, Gemstone! , besides all the HDx00's are Gemstoned, so figured it would be a good test.
and YT 2015 is now nowhere to be found! it is that evil JusJoken maliciously hiding YT 2015 UI stuff with the latest 1.0404 STV!

I never tested it with Gemstone. Sorry it doesn't work.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

I use it with Gemstone. I don't remember if it just worked or if I had to copy the menu item from the V7 stv. Regardless, I bet copying the menu item into Gemstone would fix the issue.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I meant can you play youtube videos from the youtube website on the computer? (Not using Sage.)

The problem has to do with SSL failing. I've never see nit before and can see lots of errors in your logfile from the webserver.

Try uninstalling the webserver and see if that helps.
Since I have too many plugins dependent on the web server, I did a fresh install of Sage V9 with only the YouTube plugin. Same result. I'm thinking this might be a problem with my Windows 10 (32 bit) OS.

I have attached the log from the new installation. I see a lot of "access code" errors. Could this be the problem?

Any thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (161.0 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by gdippel; 10-25-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdippel View Post
Since I have too many plugins dependent on the web server, I did a fresh install of Sage V9 with only the YouTube plugin. Same result. I'm thinking this might be a problem with my Windows 10 (32 bit) OS.

I have attached the log from the new installation. I see a lot of "access code" errors. Could this be the problem?

Any thoughts?
I don't think it's a Win 10 thing. I'm on Win 7/64 and it happened to me also. Youtube (2015) was running in Gemstone. Updating to the latest Youtube (2015) and it restored the old Youtube. I also had the UPNP plugin working. It too went away recently. They both work great back in the stock UI (as advertised). I cannot remember how I got them working in Gemstone in the first place. Must have been the Gemstone menu manager. This may be a question for somewhere else in the forum, but is there another way (besides Gemstone/ADM) to get rid of (or disable) menu items? I never use photos or music. It's just wasted real estate.

Thanks!

Bobby

Last edited by BobbyDing; 10-26-2017 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
I don't think it's a Win 10 thing. I'm on Win 7/64 and it happened to me also. Youtube (2015) was running in Gemstone. Updating to the latest Youtube (2015) and it restored the old Youtube. I also had the UPNP plugin working. It too went away recently. They both work great back in the stock UI (as advertised). I cannot remember how I got them working in Gemstone in the first place. Must have been the Gemstone menu manager. This may be a question for somewhere else in the forum, but is there another way (besides Gemstone/ADM) to get rid of (or disable) menu items? I never use photos or music. It's just wasted real estate.

Thanks!

Bobby
I had this happen to me too. I used the copy/paste function in Gemstone to copy it back from the default STV into Gemstone. I couldn't recall if I had to do this before.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 10-27-2017, 04:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
I had this happen to me too. I used the copy/paste function in Gemstone to copy it back from the default STV into Gemstone. I couldn't recall if I had to do this before.
It looks like I'm overlooking something obvious. You can open the default sageTV from Gemstones menu manager? I'll have to take a closer look when I get home from work tonight.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
It looks like I'm overlooking something obvious. You can open the default sageTV from Gemstones menu manager? I'll have to take a closer look when I get home from work tonight.
In the menu manager, select options, and select CopyMode and then it will return to the old sagetv menu and allow you to copy a menu item.

Although i believe i tested this and if you add the YouTube menu item in menu manager from the Online area i thought it worked with the latest gemstone release.

k
Old 10-28-2017, 12:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Smile YouTube problem Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdippel View Post
I'm running the latest V9 on Windows 7. I installed the latest YouTube plugin and I get the the above error message when attempting to view a video. I thought maybe it was because I wasn't logged into YouTube, but same error even when logged in from Sage. I haven't changed any of the default settings. I have no idea where to begin troubleshooting. Any suggestions?
I found the solution. I had an expired SSL Certificate for Google. I deleted it and I can now watch YouTube videos.

Here's the link to the solution if anyone is interested.

https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/is...ment-172354527
Old 10-28-2017, 03:44 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk2 View Post
I use it with Gemstone. I don't remember if it just worked or if I had to copy the menu item from the V7 stv. Regardless, I bet copying the menu item into Gemstone would fix the issue.
yup, worked perfectly... just ever since V9/unRaid Docker Sage has been so trouble free, I have not really needed to spend any time tweaking/etc and I have forgotten about all the under the hood tweaks and stuff that are available in Sage...

never had to do the ADM thingy for youtube2015 before, wonder what is different with the last update? not that it really matters as in the end it all works as advertised anyway... well except it still keeps saving the d/loaded videos into my \\TOWERB\Micron_M500_MTFDDAK960MAV_1324093F5E23\apps\sagetv\server drive/folder instead of the \\TOWERB\Recdrive\Youtube folder I told it to...
but my apps SSD is ~1T and sage is the only app I really have, so, no biggy, plenty of free space there... just sucks when looking for a log file to need to sort through all those oddly named YT files... but other than that, doesn't seem to hurt anything.

Last edited by SomeWhatLost; 10-28-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubdich View Post
In my use-case it would be sufficient to mark videos as watched while downloading from YouTube to SageTV. (extend invocation of youtube-dl by "--mark-watched" option). No need to sync watch status in SageTV with YouTube.
Any chances of success to add this option ?
Old 11-03-2017, 07:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It won't be hard to do. I just need to get off my butt and do it.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

java out of bounds exception

Tom -

Whenever I attempt to play a long video (i.e. 2+ hours), I get the standard content buffering message followed by the following error:

Error:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

It appears that the index for the array in these long video files is greater than whatever is currently set in YouTubedl, but I don't know how it can be increased. I do not use the download before playing feature.

This site has a good description of the out of bounds exception.

Any idea of how this can be fixed?
Old 11-04-2017, 02:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here is something to try. Shutdown Sage. Unzip the attached and replace the existing YouTube.jar and YouTube.stvi files. (I'd saev a backup of the originals just in case.)

When you get to the end of the video it should mark it watched on the YouTube website. Let me know how it goes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip YouTube 1.11.zip (596.1 KB, 106 views)

Old 11-04-2017, 02:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
Tom -

Whenever I attempt to play a long video (i.e. 2+ hours), I get the standard content buffering message followed by the following error:

Error:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

It appears that the index for the array in these long video files is greater than whatever is currently set in YouTubedl, but I don't know how it can be increased. I do not use the download before playing feature.

This site has a good description of the out of bounds exception.

Any idea of how this can be fixed?
Can you produce a logfile so I can see where the out of bounds is occurring?

Old 11-10-2017, 04:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Configuration Issue?

@tmiranda

I have a long-standing issue, I am just now getting to investigating. It affects both the YouTube AND the UPnP plugins.

When I manually record a video, it downloads to the ../sagetv/server/youtube-OR-upnp_downloads folder. At completion it is copied to the folder(s) I specify. However the copy in the "*_downloads" folder remains. I understand that the processes should be doing a MOVE not a COPY.

I have tried a number of things, but cannot see any change in behavior. The log always has a line, at the end of the download process that look like this:
Quote:
Fri 11/10 16:40:10.520 [Timer-0@70ef9467] YT: MonitorJob.renameAndMoveFile: renameTo failed. Copying file
For now, I am manually clearing the folders weekly, more or less. However, do you have any thoughts on what I might try to get the folders to clear out on their own?

I cannot help thinking that this is an Unraid or Linix issue. I tried modifying directory permissions with no effect. I turned logging to extreme and did not see any additional information. If I, first, watch a video, then "save downloaded video" I can see that the temporary copy disappears. The scope of the current issue is on manually recorded files, using the directories, as noted above.

Attached are the 20 or so lines from the log, where the process is ending.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 11-10-2017, 07:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
@tmiranda

I have a long-standing issue, I am just now getting to investigating. It affects both the YouTube AND the UPnP plugins.

When I manually record a video, it downloads to the ../sagetv/server/youtube-OR-upnp_downloads folder. At completion it is copied to the folder(s) I specify. However the copy in the "*_downloads" folder remains. I understand that the processes should be doing a MOVE not a COPY.

I have tried a number of things, but cannot see any change in behavior. The log always has a line, at the end of the download process that look like this:

For now, I am manually clearing the folders weekly, more or less. However, do you have any thoughts on what I might try to get the folders to clear out on their own?

I cannot help thinking that this is an Unraid or Linix issue. I tried modifying directory permissions with no effect. I turned logging to extreme and did not see any additional information. If I, first, watch a video, then "save downloaded video" I can see that the temporary copy disappears. The scope of the current issue is on manually recorded files, using the directories, as noted above.

Attached are the 20 or so lines from the log, where the process is ending.
I'll have to look at it a little closer to see why it's not deleting the file. The plugins will always download to a local file and then try to move the file to its final location. If the move fails (usually because the final destination is on a different file system) then the plugin copies the file and deletes the original. If the delete fails it marks it as "delete on exit".

Just to make sure I understand your issue, what do you mean by "When I manually record a video...."?

Old 11-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for your attention and the question.

Quote:
Just to make sure I understand your issue, what do you mean by "When I manually record a video...."?
What I am calling a manual download is to
  1. Generate a list of videos
  2. Select one of them, bringing up the "Options for:" dialog
  3. Then Selecting "Record" without selecting "Watch now"
This is the method I also use for all the content I record via the UPnP plugin, where I am seeing the same symptom. The commonality is that the both use download (temp?) folders in the SageTV server directory (youtube_downloads and upnp_downloads).

In your YouTube plug-in, the other way to record is to generate the list of videos, Watch one of them, wait for it to complete downloading, then "save downloaded video" (during or after you've watched it).

Watched videos are downloaded to a different "temp" folder than recorded-only videos. The default, for watched videos, is the system temp folder. It may be relevant to note that I have configured the plug-in to use a media folder as my temp directory. Another media folder is the directory where I save the watched videos. No files accumulate in the temp directory with this second option. It seems that only the second option uses the temp directory I configure.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 11-11-2017, 03:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Can you produce a logfile so I can see where the out of bounds is occurring?
Attached is a logfile in which the out of bounds exception occurs. I believe this issue only occurs if the video length is equal to or greater than 60 minutes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1711111542_sagetvclient_0.zip (57.9 KB, 87 views)