SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
Thanks for your attention and the question.

What I am calling a manual download is to
  1. Generate a list of videos
  2. Select one of them, bringing up the "Options for:" dialog
  3. Then Selecting "Record" without selecting "Watch now"
This is the method I also use for all the content I record via the UPnP plugin, where I am seeing the same symptom. The commonality is that the both use download (temp?) folders in the SageTV server directory (youtube_downloads and upnp_downloads).

In your YouTube plug-in, the other way to record is to generate the list of videos, Watch one of them, wait for it to complete downloading, then "save downloaded video" (during or after you've watched it).

Watched videos are downloaded to a different "temp" folder than recorded-only videos. The default, for watched videos, is the system temp folder. It may be relevant to note that I have configured the plug-in to use a media folder as my temp directory. Another media folder is the directory where I save the watched videos. No files accumulate in the temp directory with this second option. It seems that only the second option uses the temp directory I configure.
Got it. I will investigate.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
Attached is a logfile in which the out of bounds exception occurs. I believe this issue only occurs if the video length is equal to or greater than 60 minutes.
Tom - Any thoughts on the out of bounds exception?
Old 11-18-2017, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sorry Rob, I haven't looked at it yet.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
@tmiranda

I have a long-standing issue, I am just now getting to investigating. It affects both the YouTube AND the UPnP plugins.

When I manually record a video, it downloads to the ../sagetv/server/youtube-OR-upnp_downloads folder. At completion it is copied to the folder(s) I specify. However the copy in the "*_downloads" folder remains. I understand that the processes should be doing a MOVE not a COPY.

I have tried a number of things, but cannot see any change in behavior. The log always has a line, at the end of the download process that look like this:

For now, I am manually clearing the folders weekly, more or less. However, do you have any thoughts on what I might try to get the folders to clear out on their own?

I cannot help thinking that this is an Unraid or Linix issue. I tried modifying directory permissions with no effect. I turned logging to extreme and did not see any additional information. If I, first, watch a video, then "save downloaded video" I can see that the temporary copy disappears. The scope of the current issue is on manually recorded files, using the directories, as noted above.

Attached are the 20 or so lines from the log, where the process is ending.
I think I tracked down this problem. Try using the attached .jar and let me know if it works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip YouTube.zip (161.8 KB, 71 views)

Old 11-22-2017, 08:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've watched several videos that were over two hours long and can't reproduce the error. Can you give me an example of a specific video that fails on your system?

On the positive side, I did get to see a few old F1 races

Old 11-23-2017, 09:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I think I tracked down this problem. Try using the attached .jar and let me know if it works.
Thanks for your help on this.

A quick test showed that it works, kind of. I need to go through the test in more detail so I can understand and write up what I am seeing. Give me a couple of days and I will get back to you.

The quick answer is that I saw it work, and I also got it to fail, but I need to review what I did.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 11-24-2017, 05:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, you are on the right track. It works OK the first time after a restart. It does not necessarily work the second time.

Attached is a log and a screen print of a test where download-1 worked and download-2 failed to copy to the final location and remained in ..\sagetv\server\youtube_downloads.

The first download is YT file "fEjag-a7TyU" and it was moved and renamed to "Duston_Ward-Georgia_Dome_Implosion...."

The second file is identified as "IYlkHs19Vu4". It stayed in the youtube_downloads folder.

Let me know what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: zip YT test 2017-11.zip (342.7 KB, 75 views)
Old 12-02-2017, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, you are on the right track. It works OK the first time after a restart. It does not necessarily work the second time.

Attached is a log and a screen print of a test where download-1 worked and download-2 failed to copy to the final location and remained in ..\sagetv\server\youtube_downloads.

The first download is YT file "fEjag-a7TyU" and it was moved and renamed to "Duston_Ward-Georgia_Dome_Implosion...."

The second file is identified as "IYlkHs19Vu4". It stayed in the youtube_downloads folder.

Let me know what you think.
The second video didn't get deleted because of a timing issue that can occur when a download is started, and then checked for completion before it starts to progress. I'll have to fix that.

I don't think this condition will happen too often. Are you seeing many videos not being moved or only a few?

Old 12-02-2017, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The second video didn't get deleted because of a timing issue that can occur when a download is started, and then checked for completion before it starts to progress. I'll have to fix that.

I don't think this condition will happen too often. Are you seeing many videos not being moved or only a few?
Try this jar. I made a fix and added some debugging code.
Attached Files
File Type: zip YouTube.zip (162.2 KB, 76 views)

Old 12-05-2017, 11:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Are you seeing many videos not being moved or only a few?
I am seeing only the FIRST video being moved. All others are not moving, where I download / record / save a file without watching it.

I took your latest JAR and did some testing. Results are attached. Let me know if you have any questions.

There is a full SageTV log, in two parts, as well as an RTF file describing the testing steps I took.

To confirm "save downloaded file" still works and has no impact on what we're debugging, I included a couple of tests for that too. There are 4 tries of the manual / did-not-watch download. The first try moved OK. The other three did not move.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0 part 1.zip (681.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: zip sagetv_0 part 2.zip (344.8 KB, 72 views)
File Type: zip Youtube Testing 2017-12-05 RTF.zip (84.4 KB, 75 views)
Old 12-06-2017, 02:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am seeing only the FIRST video being moved. All others are not moving, where I download / record / save a file without watching it.

I took your latest JAR and did some testing. Results are attached. Let me know if you have any questions.

There is a full SageTV log, in two parts, as well as an RTF file describing the testing steps I took.

To confirm "save downloaded file" still works and has no impact on what we're debugging, I included a couple of tests for that too. There are 4 tries of the manual / did-not-watch download. The first try moved OK. The other three did not move.
OK, I'll look at this next week. I'm out of town at the moment.

Old 12-18-2017, 05:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

It's the same problem, my fix didn't work. Let's try this again - new jar attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip YouTube.zip (162.3 KB, 74 views)

Old 12-20-2017, 12:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It's the same problem, my fix didn't work. Let's try this again - new jar attached.
Thanks for your help and concern on this.

That did the trick. I could include my testing document, but I am too lazy. Let me know if you want it, and I can send it to you.

Everything worked as expected. Files go into the "youtube" directory, are copied to the final directory, and are deleted from the "youtube" directory. All of the previously seen issues are resolved, as near as I can tell.

Now, one other comment: The PlayOn.JAR has the same issue. Do you want me to post a comment to that thread, or is this comment enough to request a fix there? The truth be told, I noticed it there first, as the file sizes are larger and it became an issue in Unraid Cache drive management.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for your help and concern on this.

That did the trick. I could include my testing document, but I am too lazy. Let me know if you want it, and I can send it to you.

Everything worked as expected. Files go into the "youtube" directory, are copied to the final directory, and are deleted from the "youtube" directory. All of the previously seen issues are resolved, as near as I can tell.

Now, one other comment: The PlayOn.JAR has the same issue. Do you want me to post a comment to that thread, or is this comment enough to request a fix there? The truth be told, I noticed it there first, as the file sizes are larger and it became an issue in Unraid Cache drive management.
Great. I would be interested in seeing the log. I want to make sure my fix worked as expected and not by accident

No need to comment on the other thread, I'll update that code when I can. It will be easy now that I have the fix.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Great. I would be interested in seeing the log. I want to make sure my fix worked as expected and not by accident
Here is the log. Let me know if you need anything more.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (244.6 KB, 71 views)
Old 12-22-2017, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here is the log. Let me know if you need anything more.
That log looks good. Have you tried downloading longer videos? The videos you posted all downloaded rather quickly, I want to make sure that it works for videos that take 2 or 3 minutes to download.

Old 12-27-2017, 11:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Have you tried downloading longer videos? The videos you posted all downloaded rather quickly, I want to make sure that it works for videos that take 2 or 3 minutes to download.
Longer videos also downloaded OK.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Longer videos also downloaded OK.
Thanks.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:31 AM
Sage Icon

Does this same bug exist in the UPNP plugin for Playon also?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 12-29-2017, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Does this same bug exist in the UPNP plugin for Playon also?
Probably.