SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Probably.
The correct answer is "yes, absolutely." I've reproduced it there. Because of larger file sizes, it's a bigger issue for me with UPnP files, but the workaround is not particularly painful, now that I know to look for it, when I download a file.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 01-01-2018, 07:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
The correct answer is "yes, absolutely." I've reproduced it there. Because of larger file sizes, it's a bigger issue for me with UPnP files, but the workaround is not particularly painful, now that I know to look for it, when I download a file.
I'll try to look at it but it will be a while. I'm selling one house, buying another and moving. It's a little busy here at the moment

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Youtube streaming stopped working

I am having trouble with playing youtube videos for a while. For some reason, it cannot find the video files when I try to stream a file. I can still download the video and then play it through the plugin. This is all on a client. Strangely, it still works on my HD300. I uninstall all youtube plugins to force a complete reinstall but that does not seem to do anything. I also tried updating the youtube-dl.exe manually but that does not change anything either.

I attached the logfile, which from what little I can tell shows that it youtube-dl.exe returns null for the URL. I just have no idea why that is and why it works on my HD300.

Any insight would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Thomas
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvclient_0.zip (115.5 KB, 110 views)
Old 02-20-2018, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Wischgol View Post
I am having trouble with playing youtube videos for a while. For some reason, it cannot find the video files when I try to stream a file. I can still download the video and then play it through the plugin. This is all on a client. Strangely, it still works on my HD300. I uninstall all youtube plugins to force a complete reinstall but that does not seem to do anything. I also tried updating the youtube-dl.exe manually but that does not change anything either.

I attached the logfile, which from what little I can tell shows that it youtube-dl.exe returns null for the URL. I just have no idea why that is and why it works on my HD300.

Any insight would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Thomas
I'm still in the throes of moving. I'll look into it when I can.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

I’ve noticed more and more in the last few weeks that when I try to play a video,
I get “The content must be downloaded... Downloading webpage” but it never gets past that point....
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 03-30-2018, 06:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
I’ve noticed more and more in the last few weeks that when I try to play a video,
I get “The content must be downloaded... Downloading webpage” but it never gets past that point....
When that happens the first thing to try is upgrading youtube_dl from here:

https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

You can just overwrite the existing executable.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Thanks. That did the trick.
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 04-03-2018, 05:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Thanks. That did the trick.
Unfortunately, this will happen periodically. The good news is that youtube_dl is well supported.

Old 04-07-2018, 06:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

I tried this again as well but I am still seeing the exact same issue described before. I can download YouTube videos but not play them directly on the client.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I tried this again as well but I am still seeing the exact same issue described before. I can download YouTube videos but not play them directly on the client.
Post a logfile and I'll have a look. I finally got my Sage development machine up and running.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

My log file is attached to post #723.

Thanks,
Thomas
Old 04-08-2018, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
My log file is attached to post #723.

Thanks,
Thomas
Did you update youtube_dl on the Client as well as the server?

Old 04-08-2018, 04:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Did you update youtube_dl on the Client as well as the server?
I had initially only updated it on the client. I just did it on the server as well but it does not seem to change anything, unfortunately.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I had initially only updated it on the client. I just did it on the server as well but it does not seem to change anything, unfortunately.
I do not know what changed as I sure did not change anything. But somehow it is working fine again. I can directly stream youtube videos again
Old 05-14-2018, 04:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I do not know what changed as I sure did not change anything. But somehow it is working fine again. I can directly stream youtube videos again
Good karma.

Old 01-04-2019, 02:59 PM
Sage Icon

Video stops

I'm having a problem where when playing back a video "recorded" with this, the video plays for about 4 seconds and then freezes, but the audio keeps playing. It's mainly video from "This Week in Computer Hardware".

I downloaded the latest youtube_dl and exe, and still the same issue.

Haven't tried video redo or viewing with VLC.

Will try other videos and programs tonight.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 01-05-2019, 07:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have had this happen a few times too. I haven’t figured out any pattern yet. My guess is the app is starting to download the video when YouTube is still processing the new upload.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Problem Confirmation and More Testing Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
I'm having a problem where when playing back a video "recorded" with this, the video plays for about 4 seconds and then freezes, but the audio keeps playing.
I found this also, on a number of videos from Youtube on the first and second of this year. At first I thought it was a problem in my HD200. It is not. I find if I quickly do a FF then Rewind the video continues for a few seconds, until it happens again.

As a result I have not be using Youtube, in SageTV much since 2-Jan.

More Information:
I saved a file on 2-Jan, from Youtube, and can reproduce the problem when I replay it still. At the 15-second mark the video always stops in SageTV.

I went to Youtube and downloaded a second copy of the same video today, 11-Jan. Interestingly, it displays correctly with no issues. I do not know what is going on.

I ran Mediainfo on both saved files. They are encoded slightly differently. Both are H.264. The problem child has a higher bit rate and has Format Profile=High@L3.1. The one that plays correctly has a lower bit rate and has Format Profile=Main@L3.1. There may be other differences.

Both versions play normally in VLC, but SageTV does the video-halt-thing on the one I downloaded on 2-Jan.

I have attached the results from MediaInfo for both files. Yes, I went to The Ohio State University. Sorry.

Erv.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Bad Experience.txt (3.5 KB, 107 views)
File Type: txt Good Experience.txt (3.4 KB, 96 views)
Old 01-12-2019, 06:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
I found this also, on a number of videos from Youtube on the first and second of this year. At first I thought it was a problem in my HD200. It is not. I find if I quickly do a FF then Rewind the video continues for a few seconds, until it happens again.

As a result I have not be using Youtube, in SageTV much since 2-Jan.

More Information:
I saved a file on 2-Jan, from Youtube, and can reproduce the problem when I replay it still. At the 15-second mark the video always stops in SageTV.

I went to Youtube and downloaded a second copy of the same video today, 11-Jan. Interestingly, it displays correctly with no issues. I do not know what is going on.

I ran Mediainfo on both saved files. They are encoded slightly differently. Both are H.264. The problem child has a higher bit rate and has Format Profile=High@L3.1. The one that plays correctly has a lower bit rate and has Format Profile=Main@L3.1. There may be other differences.

Both versions play normally in VLC, but SageTV does the video-halt-thing on the one I downloaded on 2-Jan.

I have attached the results from MediaInfo for both files. Yes, I went to The Ohio State University. Sorry.

Erv.
Looks like I have another project to look at

The plugin will try to download the highest quality video available. I have a suspicion that YouTube will vary which it considers the "highest available" based on several factors including how busy their servers are at the moment.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

More info and Logs on Halting videos

@tmiranda:

Attached are a SageTV log after rebooting, using Youtube, displaying a video, and seeing it halt.

I was testing another issue I saw last night. After rebooting Sage, I could not replicate that issue, but I did replicate the above issue where a video plays, the video halts, and the sound and time index keep going. If you do a quick Fast-Forward, then reverse it, it temporarily solves the problem until the next time the video halts. That becomes annoying eventually.

For the attached log, the correct file type is 7z. The ZIP version was too big for the forum limits. You'll need to rename it to sagetv_0.7z before opening it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Erv
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.7z.zip (643.1 KB, 206 views)