SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-15-2015, 04:26 AM
Sage Expert

I'm getting some errors with certain videos, what's the location for the logfile, does it need sage debug logging turned on and logs in the normal sagetv_<x>
Old 08-15-2015, 04:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire View Post
I'm getting some errors with certain videos, what's the location for the logfile, does it need sage debug logging turned on and logs in the normal sagetv_<x>
Debug logging must be turned on in Sage and then it's the normal logfile.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Would be nice if the YouTube plugin could pay attention to the following settings:

Setup - Detailed Setup - Customize - Use wrap-around scrolling in single column vertical lists

Setup - Detailed Setup - Customize - Online Video Options - You Tube Video Quality

Setting default focus to "Browse Favorite Channels" instead of "Browse Featured Channel" would be nice - might be an option to remember last selected option beyond client restart
Old 08-15-2015, 12:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Too many moving parts. I'd do the following:

So basically go back to square 1 and start again.
Thanks. Found I had used the wrong (older) lucene file which was causing a Java exception. Dunno how that happened.

All is well and working with YouTube streaming. Thanks so much for this new and improved Sage functionality.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubdich View Post
Would be nice if the YouTube plugin could pay attention to the following settings:

Setup - Detailed Setup - Customize - Use wrap-around scrolling in single column vertical lists

Setup - Detailed Setup - Customize - Online Video Options - You Tube Video Quality

Setting default focus to "Browse Favorite Channels" instead of "Browse Featured Channel" would be nice - might be an option to remember last selected option beyond client restart
Good suggestions. I'll add these to the ToDo list.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapath View Post
Thanks. Found I had used the wrong (older) lucene file which was causing a Java exception. Dunno how that happened.

All is well and working with YouTube streaming. Thanks so much for this new and improved Sage functionality.
Glad you're up and running. Thanks for the kind words.

Old 08-22-2015, 04:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

tmiranda - Thank you again for your development of this plugin.

After using it a while now, I think it would be nice if the video fetch option could be set independently for favorite channels and when searching by keyword. I typically want my favorite channels to return videos by date with newest first, but when searching videos by keyword, my preference is often to return videos by relevancy of view count. Is this possible?
Old 08-23-2015, 04:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
tmiranda - Thank you again for your development of this plugin.

After using it a while now, I think it would be nice if the video fetch option could be set independently for favorite channels and when searching by keyword. I typically want my favorite channels to return videos by date with newest first, but when searching videos by keyword, my preference is often to return videos by relevancy of view count. Is this possible?
Good suggestion, I will put it on the ToDo list. I also want to make the location and language options configurable, right now it defaults to the US-English.

Old 08-23-2015, 10:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.08

Beta 0.08 is now available in the PlugIn Manager. Changelog:

- Added ability to record (download) one or more YouTube videos. Recording options are available on the Options menu.
- Improvements to main menu.
- Added icon fade in/out effects.
- Added search history. In the Search dialog the Skip Forward and Skip Backward keys will cycle through the history.
- Added ability to set and clear watched status for a video.
- Added ability to select download format. Default is 'best'. See here for options: https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl#format-selection
- Added advanced option to display available video formats.
- Now honors the setting "Use wrap-around scrolling in single column vertical lists". (The setting is located in Setup->Detailed Setup->Customize)
- Performance enhancements: Caches search conversions, the video URL, and video format so subsequent requests are faster.
- If the Options key is pressed in the Search dialog, abandon the search.
- Fixed a bug introduced in beta 0.07 that caused searches to fail if there were more than 50 matches.
- Fixed a bug that would cause logging level on SageClient to not be reflected on the server.
- Fixed a bug that would show watched bars (for VideoObject) even if they were disabled.
- Added dependency of youtubesupport (the recording engine).
- Known bug: Clicking on the preview window in a SageClient does not activate the OSD.

Notes about recording:

- Only one recording will be active at any given time. If multiple videos are chosen they will be placed in a recording queue.
- Videos may or may not be recorded in the order they are added into the queue.
- If the recording has been imported into the Sage database the Manual Recording marker will be displayed in the icon area.
- If a video is in the recording queue a generic "will be recorded" marker (red dot with a white center) will be displayed in the icon area.
- The recording options can be accessed by bringing up the main YouTube Options menu then selecting "Recording Options".
- When playing a YouTube video the PlugIn will first look for a recorded version of the video, then it will look for a previously downloaded version of the video, then it will either download the video or do progressive playback according to the user preference.

Explanation of the recording options:
- Recording Directory: This is the directory where the downloaded videos will be stored.

- Recording Subdirectory: This is the subdirectory of the Recording Directory where the videos will be stored. Valid options are:
- None: No subdirectory will be used. All videos will be downloaded to the main Recording Directory.
- Channel Name: The subdirectory will be the same as the YouTube channel name with all non-alphanumeric characters removed.
- YouTube: All recordings will go to the subdirectory named "YouTube".

- Video Naming Convention: This controls the naming of the downloaded files. Valid options are:
- Video Title: The file name will start with the title of the video with all non-alphanumeric characters removed.
- Channel-Video Title: The file name will start with the YouTube channel name (with all non-alphanumeric characters removed), followed by a hyphen, followed by the video title (with all non-alphanumeric characters removed).

Please note that the file names all end in a hyphen followed by a series of characters. It is important that you do not alter this at all. These characters are actually the YouTube video ID and are needed for the PlugIn to function properly. If you change or delete these characters the PlugIn will not work.

- Import Recorded Videos: This controls if and how the videos will be imported into the Sage database. Valid options are:
- Airing: The videos will be appear as recorded TV episodes. The YouTube channel name will be the "show" and each video will be "episodes".
- Video: The videos will appear as imported videos.
- None: The videos will not be imported into the Sage database at all. Note that if you select one of Sage's import video or recorded TV paths as the Recording Directory then the videos will be imported as "imported videos" the next time a scan is run.

- Video Format: This controls the format of the downloaded video. You will probably always keep this as "best" but you can use any valid video format as described here: https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl#format-selection

- Pause Recording: This will pause any recording in progress. Pressing this again will unpause the recording.

- Edit Recording Queue: Selecting this will bring up a list of all videos in the recording queue. Any video that you mark will be removed from the queue.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
- Import Recorded Videos: This controls if and how the videos will be imported into the Sage database. Valid options are:
- Airing: The videos will be appear as recorded TV episodes. The YouTube channel name will be the "show" and each video will be "episodes".
- Video: The videos will appear as imported videos.
- None: The videos will not be imported into the Sage database at all. Note that if you select one of Sage's import video or recorded TV paths as the Recording Directory then the videos will be imported as "imported videos" the next time a scan is run.
If import recorded videos option is set to "None", will the plugin still look for the downloaded file when playing? I tested this, and it appeared that it was not the case because I received the video buffering message prior to playback starting.

Also, is there a way to "watch" a channel for new videos to download instead of manually adding them to the queue?
Old 08-23-2015, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If import recorded videos option is set to "None", will the plugin still look for the downloaded file when playing? I tested this, and it appeared that it was not the case because I received the video buffering message prior to playback starting.
Only if you are downloading before playing. (i.e. Not using progressive playback.)

Quote:
Also, is there a way to "watch" a channel for new videos to download instead of manually adding them to the queue?
No, this will be in the next release.

Old 08-23-2015, 02:01 PM
Sage Expert

Is there a way to login to my Youtube account? Since Youtube is linked to the Google Play store, It would be a nice way to access my paid for stuff.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
Is there a way to login to my Youtube account? Since Youtube is linked to the Google Play store, It would be a nice way to access my paid for stuff.
That's also on the ToDo list but it will be difficult. The big issue is that in order to get access to an account the user must authenticate themselves (enter user ID and password) and then grant privileges to the application. Unfortunately that will not be easy in the Sage environment.

My kids want this too and are already lobbying me heavily.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:47 PM
Sage Expert

I can do it via Playon, it turns out. So not the end of the world.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Everything in Sage 9 is backwards compatible with Sage 7. What types of interaction with the core are your referring to?
Sorry about the delay in response, I was keying off a post made by Slugger(prior to the OS code being released) regarding his Schedules Direct plugin specifically. Took me awhile to have time to sift through the forum to find the references.

But it also is why I said "depending on how they were interacting with Sage."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I think it's really going to come down to how much new blood joins the party. Speaking for myself, as part of the "old guard" of developers, SageTV 7.1.9 and how I currently have it deployed in my house does everything I need it to do. I have no incentive/desire to move to the OS version. The only thing that would do immediately is add a lot of work to get me back to where I am today. As I've discussed else where, my Schedules Direct plugin won't work with the OS version of Sage as is. So to move to the OS version, I have to fix/rewrite my epg plugin or move back to the Sage epg (and lose features of my plugin I've come to take for granted). I'm more than happy to stay right where I am. Not sure about anyone else, but I feel like a lot of the existing devs are probably feeling the same way (to some degree).
"Elsewhere" in his case seems to be here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
An error in the building of the core's 7.1.9 jar resulted in some of the EPG interfaces being obfuscated in the final released jar of SageTV 7.1.9. Because those interfaces were obfuscated, I had to make reference to the obfuscated classes in my plugin to make it work. In the OS/v8 version of the jar those interfaces are no longer obfuscated, which means my plugin makes references to interfaces & classes that no longer exist. If one were to attempt to use the plugin with the OS version of the jar, you would encounter various runtime exceptions referring to class not found errors, etc.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:21 PM
Sage Expert

I went ahead and pulled the trigger and did the upgrade to 9.0.0.3 for my (production Windows) SageTV install to see what would explode. Made for one heck of a head scratcher that fixed itself.

After initially upgrading all tuners ceased to function.

Futzing around for about an hour could not find a cause, but with no pending recordings for the next 12 hours(and that one not being overly important), went to bed. Resumed work on it in the morning for another 2 hours, only to find the Ceton (6 tuner PCIE Cable Card using SageDCT) tuner had started working on its own while I was sleeping. Still couldn't get the Haupage 2250 or either of the 2 HD Homeruns to work for the OTA channels.

Noting that the Cable Card could cover the recordings that were coming up for the rest of the day, set manual recordings to make sure that everything was covered, then left for about 9 hours to take care of other things.

Came back to resume the battle, only to discover that all of the tuners now appear to be working correctly. Not sure how much I want to trust it right now, filing this under "electronics/programmable devices can be weird" for the time being, but keeping an eye on it for the time being.

Haven't noticed anything else as being broken as of yet, besides the lucene-jar plugin for obvious reasons.

Last edited by Monedeath; 08-24-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:53 PM
SageTVaholic

One thing i will say is that on first run, v9 will upgrade (recreate) the wiz.bin database. This might delay the scheduler and some other tasks from starting until that process is complete. If you had some corruption in your v7 database, it COULD have been taking an extremely long time to upgrade.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-24-2015, 05:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
One thing i will say is that on first run, v9 will upgrade (recreate) the wiz.bin database. This might delay the scheduler and some other tasks from starting until that process is complete. If you had some corruption in your v7 database, it COULD have been taking an extremely long time to upgrade.
And it takes a LONG time to build the recording schedule if you have lots of favorites and have set the look ahead time to something greater than 3-4 days. If IR is on that takes a long time too.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Tmiranda for linking to the Sage.Jar file as I never could find that earlier when trying to do my update

I really appreciate it.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:19 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
And it takes a LONG time to build the recording schedule if you have lots of favorites and have set the look ahead time to something greater than 3-4 days. If IR is on that takes a long time too.
IR has been turned off on that system since day 1. The Database rebuild/file system crawl(lots of recording drives/import directories) might have been a factor in it taking hours for the tuners to become available in my case. So I guess I'll take that as the likely explanation for the behavior I was seeing. Was posting my experience partly to give others a heads up that when/if they upgrade they might see some strange things happen at the onset.

Just makes it mildly annoying when you cannot tell if what you're seeing is an actual problem you need to troubleshoot, or just a temporary issue that will fix itself.

Last edited by Monedeath; 08-25-2015 at 01:22 AM.