SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolah View Post
Sorry - I should have clarified... It does not show the watched bar if you don't actually watch the video, but mark it as watched (CTRL-W). If you mark the video as watched, it only shows the watched checkmark and does not highlight the watched bar at all. I'm doing this from YouTube menu, not in the TV or video menu after importing.
Got it. That's a bug that I will fix for the next release.

I have fixed the other 3 items you pointed out, just needs testing.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:30 PM
SageTVaholic

I've been puttering around with somehow combining the favorites defined in Sage and the user's subscribed channels and am undecided on how it should work.

My first thought was to give the user options to synchronize between the two but that will only work correctly if there is only one YouTube user in the household. (The YouTube API just tells you a user is verified, it does not tell you what user.) This means if my son logs in and syncs, then my daughter does the same, my sons Favorites are lost. Not good.

My next thought was to only sync from YouTube to Sage. Then if both kids log on and sync both of their favorites will appear. This sync would only add favorites and never delete them. (Because if both kids are subscribed to the same channel and one unsubscribes the other will lose it too, unless he/she syncs again. Ugly.)

Opinions and ideas on how Sage favorites and YouTube subscriptions should be handled?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Opinions and ideas on how Sage favorites and YouTube subscriptions should be handled?
A "What's new on YouTube" function would fulfill all my needs - I can't see an imperative to integrate sage recordings and YouTube subscriptions.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've been puttering around with somehow combining the favorites defined in Sage and the user's subscribed channels and am undecided on how it should work.

My first thought was to give the user options to synchronize between the two but that will only work correctly if there is only one YouTube user in the household. (The YouTube API just tells you a user is verified, it does not tell you what user.) This means if my son logs in and syncs, then my daughter does the same, my sons Favorites are lost. Not good.

My next thought was to only sync from YouTube to Sage. Then if both kids log on and sync both of their favorites will appear. This sync would only add favorites and never delete them. (Because if both kids are subscribed to the same channel and one unsubscribes the other will lose it too, unless he/she syncs again. Ugly.)

I'm not sure I see a use case where this would in any way be required.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-08-2015, 05:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubdich View Post
A "What's new on YouTube" function would fulfill all my needs - I can't see an imperative to integrate sage recordings and YouTube subscriptions.
The YouTube website has several sections that are interesting but it's not clear how they are implemented. "What's new" is one of them. If I can figure out how to get that info I will add it.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Tom - this is a wonderful plugin. Thank you for your time and effort.

A few feature requests -

1. Create favorite by keywords
2. Limit favorite channel by keywords (record all videos from the beginning of time and/or going forward that have "XXX" in the title)
3. Limit search by duration (only list videos that are at least X mins long)
4. Limit favorite by duration (record all videos from the beginning of time and/or going forward that are at least X mins long)
Old 09-08-2015, 06:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The YouTube website has several sections that are interesting but it's not clear how they are implemented. "What's new" is one of them. If I can figure out how to get that info I will add it.
Upps- I should be more acurate. "Whats new on my favorite YouTube Channels" would fullfill all my needs.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Great work on this plugin. I am finding it to be much more user friendly than the original implementation in SageTV.

Here's one more feature request for the list. Would it be possible to add the ability to alter the playback speed of a video (i.e. 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x)?
Old 09-08-2015, 12:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
Tom - this is a wonderful plugin. Thank you for your time and effort.

A few feature requests -

1. Create favorite by keywords
2. Limit favorite channel by keywords (record all videos from the beginning of time and/or going forward that have "XXX" in the title)
3. Limit search by duration (only list videos that are at least X mins long)
4. Limit favorite by duration (record all videos from the beginning of time and/or going forward that are at least X mins long)
Some interesting ideas in there. Let me think about them..... It would not be hard to implement in the API, it's organizing the UI that will need some thought.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubdich View Post
Upps- I should be more acurate. "Whats new on my favorite YouTube Channels" would fullfill all my needs.
This is on the ToDo list. As a first step I can add a menu item that would display the newest X videos on the favorite channels.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
Great work on this plugin. I am finding it to be much more user friendly than the original implementation in SageTV.

Here's one more feature request for the list. Would it be possible to add the ability to alter the playback speed of a video (i.e. 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x)?
This will be limited by the Sage core. You can do this already but it skips ahead rather than playing speeded up. Changing that behavior will be difficult and above my pay grade. If you really want this feature I'd start petitioning on one of the "Open Source" threads

Old 09-13-2015, 11:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.11

Beta version 0.11 is now available in the repository. Changelog:
  • Added ability to log on to an actual YouTube account.
  • Added option to sort Favorite Channels, Playlists and Videos alphabetically.
  • Added option to only record Favorites that exceed a minimum duration.
  • Added support for boolean operators NOT (-) and OR (|) when searching.
  • When displaying a list make sure focus is set to the first element in the list.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause Favorites to not be recorded after an error in FavoritesManager or receiving a 'backend error' from YouTube.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the focused item to always be displayed at the top of the list when returning to a menu.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause watched bars to not be displayed when a video was manually set to Watched.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause preview area to display default image when returning to the YouTube menu from another menu.
  • Visual enhancements to icon area in name panel and preview panel.

In this version you can log on to a YouTube account but it really doesn't add any functionality... yet. Hopefully this will change in a future release. I'd appreciate it if people would try logging on to make sure the functionality actually works. The plugin uses "device" authentication which is required for devices that do not have a native web browser.

Most of the other changes should be self-explanatory. If not, post here and I will answer your questions.

I have started working on the "what's new" feature but am still unsure of how this should be organized in the UI. I am thinking it will work as follows, let me know if this makes sense or you have a better suggestion.

There will be a "What's New" choice on the main menu. When this is selected the next menu will show your Favorite channels in the left column. The right column will show the newest x videos from that channel. Selecting the channel will bring up the video list.

I've thought about having the "What's New" choice bring up a two pane view (similar to the Malore menus) but am leaning against this because it will have a totally different "look and feel" than the other menus in the plugin.

Another thing I've thought about is instead of displaying the newest x videos from the channel, displaying all unwatched videos since the last "visit". I'm leaning against this because it's not clear what a "visit" would be. For example, if you simply browse the channel does that count as a visit? What if you browsed it by mistake an immediately go back, is that still a visit?

Old 09-13-2015, 02:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the new version. All features/bug I mentioned before seem to working great. Haven't had a chance to play around with logging into my YouTube account, but will report back if I run into any issues.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Another thing I've thought about is instead of displaying the newest x videos from the channel, displaying all unwatched videos since the last "visit". I'm leaning against this because it's not clear what a "visit" would be. For example, if you simply browse the channel does that count as a visit? What if you browsed it by mistake an immediately go back, is that still a visit?
In my point of view showing all unwachted videos from favorite channels (and / or playlists) would be sufficient - no need to restrict the list by "last visit". This would provide the benefit of having one place to check for unwatched videos.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Added option to only record Favorites that exceed a minimum duration
Thank you!
Old 09-14-2015, 07:32 AM
Sage Expert

It might be that I am being a bit thick (highly possible) but I don't see where I can setup the login.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
It might be that I am being a bit thick (highly possible) but I don't see where I can setup the login.
Hit the Options button on any menu. First item is "Manage your YouTube Account".

Old 09-14-2015, 08:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
Thank you!

Old 09-14-2015, 11:31 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Hit the Options button on any menu. First item is "Manage your YouTube Account".
D'oh!
Old 09-19-2015, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.12

Beta version 0.12 is now available. Changelog:
  • Added "What's New" to the main menu.
  • Added Menu Appearance to the options menu.
  • Added option to Set/Clear Watched for all videos in a Channel.
  • If search history is disabled, do not allow cycling through existing history in the search dialog.
  • Rearranged main options menu.

The "What's New" menu will show the latest unwatched videos from your favorite channels. You can configure how many new videos to display by going to Options -> Menu Options. You can also control if the channel name is included along with the video title. Id the channel name is longer than 10 characters it will be truncated.

The option to Set/Clear all watched should be self explanatory.

Post here if you have any problems. And if you have suggestions for improvements or enhancements I'd like to hear them as well.

My intent is to have one (maybe two) more betas and then put out a "Version 1.0". The only major functionality item on my to do list is to add the ability to specify favorites by keyword.