SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post

FYI... I did update the sagetv binaries (and jar)... There were a couple of updates this week for linux and ffmpeg..
Nothing has changed for Windows user .... I would assume.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Nothing has changed for Windows user .... I would assume.
Not unless something changed in the Sage.jar (which I'm not ware of anything)
Old 02-21-2016, 03:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Not unless something changed in the Sage.jar (which I'm not ware of anything)
I appreciate everything you do if it wasn't for you I would never upgrade .... as it appears that the release notes never get updated it would be nice if any changes are made the release notes in bintray should be updated by the person doing the updates..
Old 02-21-2016, 04:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I appreciate everything you do if it wasn't for you I would never upgrade .... as it appears that the release notes never get updated it would be nice if any changes are made the release notes in bintray should be updated by the person doing the updates..
Ideally the release notes should be auto-generated from the commit history (and some day it'll likely get done)... until them, you can browser the commit history to get a sense (by date) what has changed.

https://github.com/google/sagetv/commits/master
Old 02-24-2016, 07:07 PM
Sage User

The link doesn't lead to download.
https://bintray.com/opensagetv/saget...9.0.4.232/view

No direct downloads selected for this package.

Last edited by hawkmoon; 02-24-2016 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkmoon View Post
The link doesn't lead to download.
you need to click on the files tab.

the windows installer is in a previous version so you need to go up one level and then select the previous version
Old 02-24-2016, 07:16 PM

It should be https://bintray.com/opensagetv/saget...9.0.4.220/view if your looking for the installer ver of SageTV v9 beta 3 some time you have to click on the Files link but it should show with my link when you scroll down

Last edited by SHS; 02-24-2016 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:39 PM
Sage User

Just a quick note re tar files

Hi
I just downloaded the sagetv-server_9.0.4_amd64.tar.gz file. It contains the contents of the sagetv 'server' directory but doesn't include the 'server' directory itself. So, if you extract the archive using the usual tar options, the contents of the 'server' directory are extracted into the current working directory. Best practice when creating a tar file is to include the top level directory which is to be extracted as a relative name so that when its untar'd its doesn't result in a clutter of directories and files being extracted into the user's current directory. (As an aside, its very rarely a good idea to use an absolute pathname for the source of a tar file because when its extracted using typical tar options, it will be extracted to exactly the same location on the destination host, which is usually what you don't want and can result in files and directories in locations that you don't actually want them in, as well as potentially clobbering existing files that you didn't want clobbered.) For these reasons its always a good idea to list tar file contents before extracting to avoid potential messes.

Can I suggest that for the server directory example, cd to the parent directory and then use

tar cvzf sagetv-server_9.0.4_amd64.tar.gz server

to create the archive.

Cheers and hope I'm not teaching anyone to suck eggs :-)
2 x HD-200 clients
Old 04-08-2016, 05:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by roymcd View Post
Hi

Can I suggest that for the server directory example, cd to the parent directory and then use

tar cvzf sagetv-server_9.0.4_amd64.tar.gz server

to create the archive.
That is a very good idea, and I agree it should be changed... May I suggest 2 things....
1. Create an issue for the problem, so that we don't forget about it.
2. Make the changes, if possible. The script is https://github.com/google/sagetv/blo...ildtarballs.sh but, it uses a 'serverrelease' top level directory, so you'll want to rename that before doing the tar.. or change the output to be something like release/server/ and maybe release/client/ (and find the places in the other scripts that reference serverrelease.

I never use the tar files mayself, so i never noticed this. ( I tend to install using the deb files)
Old 06-23-2016, 01:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can't get it to work.

I installed SageTVSetup_9.0.4.232_RC1.000 over my version 7 installation and fed it my update authorization code, but I can't get the program to launch. It hangs with a message that says: "Object Database Backup is initializing..." and then goes no further. I've reinstalled it about a dozen times and rebooted multiple times. The program will pretty much hang there all day.

The Task Manager doesn't list the app, but it lists two SageTV background processes, one using 32.1 MB and the other using 0.7 MB.

If I uninstall this will it back up to version 7? I'm running Windows 10 and a 64 bit AMD processor with an Asus motherboard. It's a few years old but it has gobs of RAM. Any ideas about getting it running?

I have an HD200 but it can't find the server now. The service says it's working but the HD200 doesn't see it.

[Update: I uninstalled Version 9 and reinstalled Version 7 so it seems to work both on the computer and the HD200. Would still like to update to Version 9 but not clear how.]

Last edited by freewheeling; 06-23-2016 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:22 PM
Sage Icon

Since you have a license, you can always run the V9 JAR with the V7 exe's. The JAR is what makes V9.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...56&postcount=4
Old 06-23-2016, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like a hiccup upgrading the wiz.bin file to v9's new format. I'd try making a copy of the SageTV folder, and doing the upgrade again. This time, after it upgrades, but before you restart the service, get wiz.bin out of there, so it will just create a new empty one on it's first run. After you verify that everything is working with a clean wiz.bin, shut down the service and delete the empty wiz.bin and drop a copy of your v7 wiz.bin in the folder, and restart the service. It will try the upgrade again, and hopefully get through it this time. It may have been interrupted the first time and wouldn't try again for whatever reason.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-03-2016, 03:44 PM
Sage User

Dumb ststment and Question of the day

Hi,
I am a SageTV user. I bought Sage TV a long time ago and am still using v7. I like Sage TV a lot and would like to keep using it though it has started to get old. Place shifter does not work anymore, there was never an app to use or control sagetv with Iphone and getting sage to work with a cable card tuner (prime HD home run) has pushed me to my technical limits using sageDCT.

I was am very excited to see there is a v9 now but looking through the posts here and don't see any link to a clear install (setup) package/download, I don't see any comparison of what's new or different. I use sage every day and don't want any down time from breaking what have.

So my questions,
Is there a cab setup file that can be installed over v7 and what is the difference between v7 and v9?

Thank you for your time
Old 07-03-2016, 04:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrofex View Post
Hi,
I am a SageTV user. I bought Sage TV a long time ago and am still using v7. I like Sage TV a lot and would like to keep using it though it has started to get old. Place shifter does not work anymore, there was never an app to use or control sagetv with Iphone and getting sage to work with a cable card tuner (prime HD home run) has pushed me to my technical limits using sageDCT.

I was am very excited to see there is a v9 now but looking through the posts here and don't see any link to a clear install (setup) package/download, I don't see any comparison of what's new or different. I use sage every day and don't want any down time from breaking what have.

So my questions,
Is there a cab setup file that can be installed over v7 and what is the difference between v7 and v9?

Thank you for your time
This mirrors my position, exactly.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post
This mirrors my position, exactly.
Really no big change at the moment unless you plan on using Linux.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrofex View Post
Hi,

So my questions,

Thank you for your time
The windows installer is found here...

k
Old 07-04-2016, 12:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

In all fairness, I have no urgent problems with my current SageTV installation. It is working essentially the same now as it did five years ago. My concerns are that it is installed on a 8-9 year old Vista machine that has run non-stop all that time. It, eventually, will "give up the ghost" and I will have to go through the "Set-up" procedure on a new machine. I wish this to take place sooner than later. But, again, it is not an urgent situation.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
The windows installer is found here...

k
I can't get the link in that post to work.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfutscher View Post
I can't get the link in that post to work.
https://bintray.com/opensagetv/saget...dows/9.0.4.232
Old 08-09-2016, 05:32 AM
Sage User

Thank you all

I was glad to see there is a new place shiftier that works with my sage v7! it been years!! Any iphone apps yet?

I don't think I am ready to upgrade to v9, v7 still works well and I have not seen any comparison.