SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmv View Post
Thank you! We have signs of life. The HDHR3 showed up in sagetv, seemed to have both tuners available, I added both. But when I went to record, I tried recording 6 shows to fill all the OTA tuners, and it got to 5 but didn't give me the 6th. All 5 of the working tuners recorded correctly. So we have one of the 2 HDHR3-US tuners now getting all the way to being seen as a tuner in sage. Not sure why it would allow me to see the tuner in SageTV tuner setup, appear to add it, but not have it appear to work when I tried to record the 6th show. I've attached the OpenDCT log in case it helps.

I don't have a lot of time this AM, but I did briefly look at the SageTV summary details and it didn't seem to have all the tuners listed where I would normally see all 9 telling me some were idle and some were active, it only showed 8 of the tuners, only 1 for the HDHR3-US.

thanks for all your support.

mv
What stands out for me is this entry:
Code:
BUFFER HDHomeRun HDHR3-US Tuner 103B91FB-1 Digital TV Tuner|912824203|2|83886080|C:\Users\Mike\Videos\SageTV\HDHomeRunHDHR3USTuner103B91FB1on1270019000DigitalTVTuner-0.mpgbuf|Great
The key detail is |2|. I'm assuming you're using ATSC. That number should look more like |43-2-1|. You might want to double-check the guide data you have chosen for that tuner and make sure it's not an analog lineup.

I did notice that OpenDCT did present HDHomeRun HDHR3-US Tuner 103B91FB-0 to SageTV, but it was never used. I would expect to at least see an error about SageTV requesting the tuner and it couldn't be found in the worse case. The appearance here is that for some reason SageTV didn't even try.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 05-13-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

hmmm...looking at other options...does the InfiniTV 6 ETH work with OpenDCT? Is it as functional as the HDHomerun Prime?

mv

sorry we cross posted...all of the ATSC tuners are using the same lineup in SageTV. When first installed and I did the channel scan it came up with a bunch of not so convenient channels, so I went in and edited them to match XMLTV these would be like 2-1, 6-1, 12-1 etc for the HD network feeds. I recorded fine all the way through 12-1 which was 5 tuners worth. They are all the HD channels...and all work just not the 6th tuner.

Last edited by jmv; 05-13-2016 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
hmmm...looking at other options...does the InfiniTV 6 ETH work with OpenDCT? Is it as functional as the HDHomerun Prime?

mv

sorry we cross posted...all of the ATSC tuners are using the same lineup in SageTV. When first installed and I did the channel scan it came up with a bunch of not so convenient channels, so I went in and edited them to match XMLTV these would be like 2-1, 6-1, 12-1 etc for the HD network feeds. I recorded fine all the way through 12-1 which was 5 tuners worth. They are all the HD channels...and all work just not the 6th tuner.
The channel scanning works ok, but after you do it, you need to clear all remapped channels to clean it up. I truly don't understand how it end up remapping the channels. When I provide the channels exactly the same way it would send them to OpenDCT to tune them, somehow it doesn't think they are the same channels.

The only thing I can give you on the 6th tuner is that I don't see even a tuning request from SageTV. I don't see any broken network connections. I don't see any notable exceptions. As far as I can tell for some reason SageTV is not even trying to use it.

The InfiniTV 6 Eth works with OpenDCT very well.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 05-13-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I'm gonna just slide over here and try to go unnoticed...when I started sage up again, I saw which Tuner it wasn't seeing, and I re-installed it. And now both are seen and both work...I may have f'd up the first time, but I don't think I did...but at this point I don't care...9 tuners in all their OpenDCT glory

I guess my weekend is now booked migrating from my 2008 R2 based SageTV server to the brand new 2012 R2 based SageTV server.

Thanks for all the help!!!

mv
Old 05-13-2016, 03:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK, I'm gonna just slide over here and try to go unnoticed...when I started sage up again, I saw which Tuner it wasn't seeing, and I re-installed it. And now both are seen and both work...I may have f'd up the first time, but I don't think I did...but at this point I don't care...9 tuners in all their OpenDCT glory

I guess my weekend is now booked migrating from my 2008 R2 based SageTV server to the brand new 2012 R2 based SageTV server.

Thanks for all the help!!!

mv
Excellent. I know how frustrating this kind of thing can be.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:01 PM
SageTVaholic

I installed the latest stable version but when I fire up Sage my HDHR Prime does not show up as an available tuner that can be added. Where do I start with debugging? Sorry, this thread is so long I can't even see where to find the logfile.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I installed the latest stable version but when I fire up Sage my HDHR Prime does not show up as an available tuner that can be added. Where do I start with debugging? Sorry, this thread is so long I can't even see where to find the logfile.
You have to enable network discovery on your Sage Properties.

network_encoder_discovery=true

You the should see several Prime tuners with diff IP use the one with a IP of 27.0.0.1/

Last edited by nyplayer; 05-14-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
You have to enable network discovery on your Sage Properties.

network_encoder_discovery=true

You the should see several Prime tuners with diff IP use the one with a IP of 27.0.0.1/
I did that already.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

The log file was located in a hidden 'program data' in the same directory that includes the programs and programs x86 folders...easiest way is probably just to do a full C drive search for OpenDCT.log... I am assuming you are using Windows.

Did you start the OpenDCT Service and wait 30s before launching SageTV or the SageTV service?

Last edited by jmv; 05-14-2016 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The log file was located in a hidden 'program data' in the same directory that includes the programs and programs x86 folders...easiest way is probably just to do a full C drive search for OpenDCT.log... I am assuming you are using Windows.

Did you start the OpenDCT Service and wait 30s before launching SageTV or the SageTV service?
Yes. I reran the install again and still nothing. Logfile attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip opendct.zip (2.4 KB, 170 views)

Old 05-14-2016, 02:40 PM
Sage Icon

Good instructions to follow located here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=175
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 05-14-2016, 03:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
Good instructions to follow located here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=175
I followed that. When I get to step 13 the HDHR Prime is not in the list of available tuners.

Old 05-14-2016, 03:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes. I reran the install again and still nothing. Logfile attached.
I didn't see SageTV do it's discovery according to your log, but the good news is that it did see your tuners. So long as you have the parameter network_encoder_discovery on the SageTV side of things set to true, you should be in business. I would double-check that it's still set to true just in case you edited the file while SageTV was still stopping the service; in that case it would have overwritten your changes setting it back to false.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
I didn't see SageTV do it's discovery according to your log, but the good news is that it did see your tuners. So long as you have the parameter network_encoder_discovery on the SageTV side of things set to true, you should be in business. I would double-check that it's still set to true just in case you edited the file while SageTV was still stopping the service; in that case it would have overwritten your changes setting it back to false.
Rebooted the windows machine and now it's working. Got to love Windows.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

I have some of the channels working, and others not.

Some of the channels that appear in the HRHomeRun config application do not play in Sage. Attached is a log. This was generated while I was trying to preview the channels in the Video Source setup menu.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have some of the channels working, and others not.

Some of the channels that appear in the HRHomeRun config application do not play in Sage. Attached is a log. This was generated while I was trying to preview the channels in the Video Source setup menu.
I don't see a log, but there's a strong chance the channels that you can't play are copy protected. Also for low bitrate channels like Music Choice, it can take around 20 seconds to tune in, which means you'll be looking at the No Signal screen for a little while.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Had a recurring problem today with v4.49 where tuning all channels resulted in "No Signal" - was in this state this morning - stopping and re-starting the opendct service fixed it, then when I got home, my wife informed me that the same problem happened again. Log file is attached from this 2nd time - I may upgrade to the new 5.4 (was running 5.2 until I had the recordings with no video due go glitches with analog copy protection).

Edit: I see that this may involve the SageTV PC sleeping. This is a new Windows 10 machine that was pretty much on all the time, not on purpose, it just didn't go to sleep and I did not bother to try and fix it until a couple of days ago when I noticed that the network adapter settings may have been preventing sleep due to "wake on pattern match" being set. I turned it off and although I still haven't seen the PC go to sleep, there are some sleep things in the log file. I generally like to minimize power use and have had a sleep capable Sage Server until moving to this new Windows 10 machine a few weeks ago.

Last edited by Telecore; 09-30-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:15 PM
SageTVaholic

It's that issue I was talking about last time. It's the end result of Cling failing to close the socket before standby, so then it can't re-open it after standby. It's so strange because after looking at the code behind it, it's fairly good. I have some other ideas on how to completely get around a second detection after standby that would make this a non-issue. There's a change in 0.5.2 that addresses this standby issue:

*Added handling for when Cling is unable to open the requested port.

Have you already changed version.upnp.service.configuration.http_listen_port to 0?

Old 05-16-2016, 05:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
I don't see a log, but there's a strong chance the channels that you can't play are copy protected. Also for low bitrate channels like Music Choice, it can take around 20 seconds to tune in, which means you'll be looking at the No Signal screen for a little while.
Oops, here is the log.

The channels are not copy protected, I already spoke to the tech support people at the cable company. They are also not music.

I see a fair amount of these errors in the log:

Code:
15:59:49.180 [SageTVRequestHandler-152: DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131276A4-2] DEBUG SageTVRequestHandler - An unhandled exception was created => java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source)
	at opendct.sagetv.SageTVRequestHandler.run(SageTVRequestHandler.java:128)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Attached Files
File Type: zip opendct.zip (22.6 KB, 121 views)

Old 05-16-2016, 05:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Oops, here is the log.

The channels are not copy protected, I already spoke to the tech support people at the cable company. They are also not music.

I see a fair amount of these errors in the log:

Code:
15:59:49.180 [SageTVRequestHandler-152: DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131276A4-2] DEBUG SageTVRequestHandler - An unhandled exception was created => java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source)
	at opendct.sagetv.SageTVRequestHandler.run(SageTVRequestHandler.java:128)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
This is a copy protected URL:
Code:
16:10:20.834 [SageTVRequestHandler-407: DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131276A4-2] INFO  HTTPProducerImpl - Connecting to source using the URL 'http://192.168.1.3:5004/tuner2/v112?CONTENTPROTECTIONTYPE=DTCP1&DTCP1HOST=192.168.1.3&DTCP1PORT=8888'
Those disconnects you're seeing are expected. It basically means OpenDCT took more time than SageTV would have liked to provide a response. For channels that actually can be recorded (Copy Freely), that generally doesn't happen.

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 05-16-2016 at 05:57 PM.