SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Sage User

Jerky video from PVR 350 s-video input

I've seen some things posted about jerky video from live tv - fortunately I'm not having this problem.

What I am encountering is when I try to record something from a vcr (tape) using the S-Video input of my PVR 350, the video is quite jerky.

What I did was to create a second source - Composite_2, and only map channel 3. So when I want to record from the VCR, I just tune sage to channel 3, and hit record. Could it be this method that results in the jerky video? Is there a better method? Thanks.

Justin
Old 07-09-2004, 10:54 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Is this an old tape?
If there are any issues with the signal, due to degredation of the picture, the tuner card is not going to grab all of the frames. This is because it is expecting a certain type of structure in the signal, like sync and frame information. If it dosn't see it, it assumes there is no video and loses the frame. I have seen this with old tapes my family made, and don't know how to correct it other than professional equipment.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

A digital camcorder with A/V passthrough would probably work. I know it does for me.
PVR-350
PVR-150
ATI Radeon 9100
512MB DDR RAM
2 x 80GB HDD
MediaMVP
Old 07-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
That's a good idea ckron. Let the camera figure out the frames in real time, and pass a clean signal to the capture card. I knew there were smarter people than me in here!!