SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-21-2003, 09:21 PM
Sage User

Question on Multiple Tuners over network.

Multiple Tuner Support
Record multiple shows at once all from within the same user interface. SageTV also includes robust conflict resolution to help prioritize recordings if necessary. *In addition, SageTV supports the use of Multiple Tuners located in multiple PCs across a network.*

*Am I to understand that this means that you can have 2 computers, each with there own PVR 250 share their recorderd programs with each other and other clients on the network. Are the 2 systems that record considered and configured as each being a server or is there just 1 server and all other computer considered clients. If the computer with other PVR250 has to be configure as a client will the server use its capture card to record shows also?

I just got confused reading my own question, hope you understand what I'm asking?

Thanks
Old 05-22-2003, 08:06 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

Re: Question on Multiple Tuners over network.

Quote:
Originally posted by rhsmcc
*Am I to understand that this means that you can have 2 computers, each with there own PVR 250 share their recorderd programs with each other and other clients on the network.
You can have as many computers using as many capture/tuners cards as you want. You'll end up installing SageTV on one PC with a tuner card and then SageRecorder will need to be installed on any other PC with a tuner card. You can then run the SageTV Client on any PC and have access to all cards through the same interface.

The details on how to set this up are attached to this post. These same instructions are on the developers page of our website.
Attached Files
File Type: txt networkencodersetup.txt (3.8 KB, 351 views)