SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

And I am willing to pay for a decent iOS app. Not sure what the right price is but I am willing to pay >$20.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
And I am willing to pay for a decent iOS app. Not sure what the right price is but I am willing to pay >$20.
The app is going to be free.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

That's nice to hear but don't be afraid to ask for voluntary donations, especially if you need additional hardware to build a test env.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier View Post
sorry for more questions but I am new! So how does this compare to the plex way I see talked about? Which is cheaper or better? Will this work with the iPhone x?
I haven't used plex so I can't answer that part. Yes my wife has an iPhone X and I made tweaks to make it work with it. I have tested it on a 6, 6 Plus, 7 and an iPad. The app will be free.

David
Old 01-24-2018, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

The part that concerns me is the complexity this adds to an already complex SageTV. Plus the fact that this is a Windows-only solution since quite a few SageTV users have moved to unRAID. Depending on the design you may be able to convert to a .NET Core project and package it in a Docker container.

It actually doesn’t surprise me that you’re having concurrency problems. SageTV itself has a LOT of logic built into it to keep the server and clients synchronized. It actually amazes me that it works as well as it does with a home grown distributed “database”. I use the term “database” loosely here since, AFAIK, it’s really just a huge Java object.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
It actually doesn’t surprise me that you’re having concurrency problems. SageTV itself has a LOT of logic built into it to keep the server and clients synchronized. It actually amazes me that it works as well as it does with a home grown distributed “database”. I use the term “database” loosely here since, AFAIK, it’s really just a huge Java object.
Not to get into a huge argument here, but a database is an organized collection of data. The Wizard is an organized collection of data (Java objects). Something it is technically not, but is very close to, is a relational database which I believe is what you're thinking of. It has tables, primary keys (ID's) and stored procedures (Java methods) in common.

As a side-note, the SageTV database is much more responsive than Kodi using SQL for example.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 01-24-2018, 08:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
The part that concerns me is the complexity this adds to an already complex SageTV. Plus the fact that this is a Windows-only solution since quite a few SageTV users have moved to unRAID. Depending on the design you may be able to convert to a .NET Core project and package it in a Docker container.

I developed with Windows, because that is what I have, and what my SageTV is running on. So that is why I developed it there. I didn't plan nor expect it to be a general purpose solution for everyone. If it works a particular person's needs then great. It was a part-time project that I have worked on, on the side, for a considerable length of time. I have had my fair-share of problems in developing this, but concurrency hasn't been one of them.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb View Post
I developed with Windows, because that is what I have, and what my SageTV is running on. So that is why I developed it there. I didn't plan nor expect it to be a general purpose solution for everyone. If it works a particular person's needs then great. It was a part-time project that I have worked on, on the side, for a considerable length of time. I have had my fair-share of problems in developing this, but concurrency hasn't been one of them.
Maybe I used the wrong term. I thought you said you were having trouble keeping the device’s database synchronized with the server?
Old 01-25-2018, 02:47 PM

Does this also work with Apple TV? I know they are similar.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier View Post
Does this also work with Apple TV? I know they are similar.
Apple TV is based on IOS but you can't create a universal app that does both. The app I am going to release is an IOS app targeted for the iPad and iPhone. in a mobile and disconnected environment where as the Apple TV is designed for an always online setup like in the home.

If you are new and don't already have a supply of hd-200 or hd-300's then most people seem to be running the miniclient on the Nvidia Shield.

David