SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

IOS Client Beta Testers Now closed

Thanks for the interest but for the next few weeks I will only be beta testing with the existing beta testers. This page will change when I am ready for more beta testers.

Last edited by davidb; 05-17-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Also if I haven't explained myself well enough here or if any questions. Please ask here.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

You can count me in.

Would be very interested in being a beta tester for this.

Dean
Old 04-26-2016, 04:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the offer. I am not doing the beta using Apple TestFlight but a 3rd party so I need you to email(address in first post) me so I can send you the invite. When I am ready to release I will release via the App Store. The 3rd party place I am using for beta testing is actually from twitter so it is legit.

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
You can count me in.

Would be very interested in being a beta tester for this.

Dean
Old 04-26-2016, 08:05 AM
Sage Icon

I was the last reply in your DVD duration question. Did you take a look in the Java file I suggested? That's where Sage seems to pull the length. Do you need something in C++ that can read a .ts and return length and/or identify file position given a watched time?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

I ended up using Handbrake to get the duration. I was against using it to begin with and figured I would use it temporally until I found something better but realized it also gives me the titles that are on a dvd. This will allow me to display a view of title and let you pick which one to watch. I don't have support for it now but it would be really easy to add. All of my dvd's are main movie rips but I would expect others here may not be doing the same thing.

I am still trying to find how to set the watched location for a dvd rip. It works just fine on a show that was recorded with an hdpvr but not on a main movie rip. SageTv and or a plugin I am using is doing that now because I can watch a dvd, stop it and when starting again it prompts me to resume playback where I left off. How I can do that still eludes me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
I was the last reply in your DVD duration question. Did you take a look in the Java file I suggested? That's where Sage seems to pull the length. Do you need something in C++ that can read a .ts and return length and/or identify file position given a watched time?
Old 04-28-2016, 06:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think I just emailed you, but its been a long day and who knows how the internet feels today...

I'm interested... but my server is Linux. That said, if you're willing to work with me a bit, I'm happy to try and get it working either via wine or something else. So not a true beta tester, so much as an enthusiastic supporter.

Fairly current version of IOS 9 - Yes
Running SageTV on windows - No
iPad - Yes
iPhone - Yes
You need to be comfortable unzipping and manually starting - Yes
Server side code needs to run on your SageTv server - Can Do!

If I haven’t scared you off yet and you are still interested in being a beta tester then please send me an email(sagetv@benchmarkcomputing.com) Please include what model phone or iPad you have. - Will DO!

Clients: PC Client x 1, HD-300 x 1, AppleTV x 2, WebClient (phone/tablet) x 3
Old 05-10-2016, 01:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'd like to give this a try.

I'm running V7 and the latest iOS9 on an iPhone 6 and iPad 2. Server stats are in my signature.

PM sent (shortly) with my email address.

Uberpixel
Old 05-10-2016, 02:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

I replied to your email. You are on the list. Please let us know how it goes!

David Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWizdom View Post
I think I just emailed you, but its been a long day and who knows how the internet feels today...

I'm interested... but my server is Linux. That said, if you're willing to work with me a bit, I'm happy to try and get it working either via wine or something else. So not a true beta tester, so much as an enthusiastic supporter.

Fairly current version of IOS 9 - Yes
Running SageTV on windows - No
iPad - Yes
iPhone - Yes
You need to be comfortable unzipping and manually starting - Yes
Server side code needs to run on your SageTv server - Can Do!

If I haven’t scared you off yet and you are still interested in being a beta tester then please send me an email(sagetv@benchmarkcomputing.com) Please include what model phone or iPad you have. - Will DO!
Old 05-14-2016, 10:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just sent you an e-mail. Seems interesting!
Old 05-15-2016, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

I sent this in an email but I will post here in case other see similar issues:

I have done the server side work, but a couple of strange things. I have three servers running - a production V7, a backup V7 and a V9. I installed the files and ran the processes on the V7 prod server but from the messages I received when it was building the JSON files it seemed to find and run this on the two V7 servers but not the V9 server. And in the config file I only put in the URL for Sagex on the prod server - does it search your LAN for other servers?

The scan is complete but it looks a bit light on media files as it only says I have 70 movies and I have way more. I haven't got the iOS app installed yet so I can't see what that shows.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes I think it does search for sage servers. If it's not getting the right one put the computer name(without the \\) after the GetSageMedia. You can find your computer name by doing:
net config workstation

I am actually doing this on my development machine to have the server run locally but get files from the Sage server.

I know the issue why your movies are not correct. I had a misunderstanding of Sage and thought movies was the same as dvd. Now I see sage has "shows", "movies" and "dvd". Well I won't mention music and photos as not relevent for this app. It's a simple change to also get movies just have to figure out how to make some of my show or dvds appear as movies so I can test it here first!

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I sent this in an email but I will post here in case other see similar issues:

I have done the server side work, but a couple of strange things. I have three servers running - a production V7, a backup V7 and a V9. I installed the files and ran the processes on the V7 prod server but from the messages I received when it was building the JSON files it seemed to find and run this on the two V7 servers but not the V9 server. And in the config file I only put in the URL for Sagex on the prod server - does it search your LAN for other servers?

The scan is complete but it looks a bit light on media files as it only says I have 70 movies and I have way more. I haven't got the iOS app installed yet so I can't see what that shows.

Last edited by davidb; 05-16-2016 at 05:15 AM.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Can you use UNC names or IP addresses? Any reason why it would see two SageTV servers, but not three? I verified that all three have Sagex working correctly.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am not sure why it would see 2 and not three. I just tried it here and yes you can use an ip address. I just tried:
GetSageMedia.bat 192.168.0.245
and a few line into it says:
Using Sage at: 192.168.0.245

Try this and see if it gets the correct Sage machine.

David
Quote:
Can you use UNC names or IP addresses? Any reason why it would see two SageTV servers, but not three? I verified that all three have Sagex working correctly.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:45 PM
SageTVaholic

I am up and running now but I am having issues.

I can't seem to get TV recordings to encode - on the server I see a flashing window that appears to be FFMPEG trying to start but it never does and I get an error.

In the SageRemote Host Server windows I get something like this:
StartEncodingIfNeeded Staring encode for 6864744 seekTime 00:00:00
sageverify Media: 6864744 Does not exist for time: 27 False
working dir of ffmpeg to remove c:\SageRemote\encodedMedia\6864744
Encoding stopped for MediaID 6864744 StppedEncodingBeforeEnd: False

It seems that DVD files do actually play.

And it seems to be missing a lot of my media files.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

from a command prompt go to
c:\sageRemote\encodedMedia\6864744
and run the 6864744.bat file you pipe the output like this:
6864744.bat > 6864744.txt 2>&1
This will create a log called 6864744.txt
Please email me this file and I will look at it.

Yes I found out after this version released that is is missing "movies". It will process shows and dvds but not movies.

Someone please tell me how to get my shows from my hdpvr to show up as movies and I can this problem and release and updated version.

David

Quote:
I am up and running now but I am having issues.

I can't seem to get TV recordings to encode - on the server I see a flashing window that appears to be FFMPEG trying to start but it never does and I get an error.

In the SageRemote Host Server windows I get something like this:
StartEncodingIfNeeded Staring encode for 6864744 seekTime 00:00:00
sageverify Media: 6864744 Does not exist for time: 27 False
working dir of ffmpeg to remove c:\SageRemote\encodedMedia\6864744
Encoding stopped for MediaID 6864744 StppedEncodingBeforeEnd: False

It seems that DVD files do actually play.

And it seems to be missing a lot of my media files.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Does this only work on SageV9? Right now I am trying to use it with my SageV7 server - is that one potential problem?

FYI here is the output of that text file. Two things I notice - on the last line it seems to be truncating the path+filename at the first space in the path. Are spaces in the path or file name a problem. It looks like it and you may have to put quotes around the full filename including path when you call ffmpeg.

A second thing to note is that the file that it is trying to encode is on my backup server rather than production server. You may have to think about how to handle situations where people have multiple servers.

How do I delete my database and start over again? If I pass the IP of the server as you suggested above when calling GetSageMedia.bat will it only run against the server passed as an argument?
Code:
C:\SageRemote\EncodedMedia\6864744>"c:\SageRemote\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe" -ss 00:00:00 -i \\standrews\videos\Isabella's Shows\Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood\Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood-S01E01-Daniel's Birthday-35485532-0.mp4 -profile:v high -level 4.2 -b:v 1500K -preset superfast -c:v libx264  -strict -2 -ac: 2 -codec:a aac  -b:a 128k -f hls -hls_list_size 0 -hls_time 10  "c:\SageRemote\EncodedMedia\6864744\6864744.m3u8" 
ffmpeg version N-79883-g38eeb85 Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 5.3.0 (GCC)
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmfx --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-libzimg --enable-lzma --enable-decklink --enable-zlib
  libavutil      55. 24.100 / 55. 24.100
  libavcodec     57. 40.100 / 57. 40.100
  libavformat    57. 36.100 / 57. 36.100
  libavdevice    57.  0.101 / 57.  0.101
  libavfilter     6. 45.100 /  6. 45.100
  libswscale      4.  1.100 /  4.  1.100
  libswresample   2.  0.101 /  2.  0.101
  libpostproc    54.  0.100 / 54.  0.100
\\standrews\videos\Isabella's: No such file or directory
Old 12-13-2016, 09:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb View Post
Thanks for the interest but for the next few weeks I will only be beta testing with the existing beta testers. This page will change when I am ready for more beta testers.
Is there any update on this effort? I've been out of the loop for a bit, but could not find any updates searching around.

Clients: PC Client x 1, HD-300 x 1, AppleTV x 2, WebClient (phone/tablet) x 3
Old 12-13-2016, 09:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, I have been working on it 5 to 6 days a week since I closed the beta. I have made quite a bit of progress but alas I have much that I still want to do.
I have issues I am dealing with on my windows server code and IOS client that I can manage but I have run into several snags on extracting what I need from SageTV. These are issues trying to extract show/guide data such as director, comments and a few other fields. The standard stv is showing them so I thought since it is now open source I could just look at the java code and see how they were accessing it but so far I have only found an .xml file, which I am lost on how to interpret.

The other big item is, that I seem to be causing memory leaks when I access the sagetv info using sagex from my c# code. I saw this on my sagetv 7 setup but have since upgraded to the current sagetv 9 and still see the issue. I am not clear if I have to do anything special using sagex to not cause a memory leak or if I have uncovered a bug in either sagex or sagetv.

I was planning on doing a forum post(s) in early January to ask about both of the above issues but I guess I will do so in the next day or so. In the mean time if anyone is lurking "do I need to do anything special l when I am finished using sagex to not cause a leak on the server? If not what options and or logging should I use to better show what is happening to cause this on the server? Sagetv runs out of memory and reports an out of memory error. I can restart it and get it to happen in a few hours so I can fairly easily duplicate it.

I don't want to release a beta until the memory leak issue is resolved. This would cause too much frustration to someone with their Sage system.

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWizdom View Post
Is there any update on this effort? I've been out of the loop for a bit, but could not find any updates searching around.

Last edited by davidb; 12-13-2016 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:42 AM
SageTVaholic

@davidb - when you get time, post something related to the sagex apis... There should hopefully be no leaks, but anything is possible. If you can provide a use case that would be good, and I'll look into it. There is code in sagex to hold on to objects, but there is also code in there to clean them up. And we'd have to determine if what you are seeing is a memory leak (ie, never gets cleaned up), or just that java continues to allocate memory, which is normal, but, eventually once java "needs" to do garbage collection, it will, and if it can't re-claim the memory then it will get an OOM Error (and that's a good sign that there's a mem leak).

Side note, did you ever use the httpls server built into sagetv, or did you go another route for video?