SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Nvidia Shield Now can record.

Siicondust has added DVR capabilities to the NVIDIA Shield.

https://www.silicondust.com/forum/vi...?f=119&t=35596
Old 05-12-2016, 08:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Do they have any info on how DRM will be supported, and when?
Old 05-14-2016, 03:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Do they have any info on how DRM will be supported, and when?
Here is an update From Silicondust.

Remaining items

There are three mission-critical items to release before RC - protected channel support (DRM), HDHomeRun VIEW for OSX, and live TV pause/rewind support.

Protected channel support has been quite a frustration. We have live TV working in our Windows Universal app for Windows 10 however we can't release it because Microsoft does not allow a Windows Universal app to request/verify HDCP operation (required to meet the protection requirements). We are investigating a workaround which we think has a reasonable chance of working but is consuming time and resources.

Protected channel support on Android is nearing release. We will be releasing live TV support first, with recording support to follow next month.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Looks like they are going after it. Should be interesting.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Looks like they are going after it. Should be interesting.
I really like what they are doing with it. Attached is a view of the recordings screen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hdhrdvr.jpg (223.2 KB, 900 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 05-14-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Not only is the NVIDIA Shield a great DVR for HDHomerun users but it will also soon be able to run PLEX Server and also be able to transcode up to 2 streams. Also it is a great Sage miniclient
more here.

https://blog.plex.tv/2016/06/09/nvid...u-complete-us/

http://www.androidcentral.com/coming...pport-and-more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mw4...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-09-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:39 AM

I guesting that the Nvidia Shield Android TV ?.
To me that a bit to limited for me
Old 06-11-2016, 07:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
I guesting that the Nvidia Shield Android TV ?.
To me that a bit to limited for me
How is that limited it runs Netflix ..youtube ... Plex ... kodi you can Watch DRM channels (HDHR Prime) .. I use it as a Game Console emulator also ... Nintendo Sega etc.. I also use it as a DVR. Webbrowser. SageTV miniClient. I can watch Comcast TV2GO ... which means I can watch previously shown broadcast series without having to record. (Premium Movies at my Convenience). I can cast whatever is on my tablet to it. I also use it as a file manger to move files from Sage Server to my Nas from my sofa.

It does 4K. has 1 gig Ethernet and ac wireless. Bluetooth
Now you tell me how that is limited? or what is missing? I am sure there are many uses I forgot.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-11-2016 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Sage Fanatic

I've been using it to stream games from my PC lately. Back when the nVidia streaming service was free my son played that quite a bit.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
How is that limited it runs Netflix ..youtube ... Plex ... kodi you can Watch DRM channels (HDHR Prime) .. I use it as a Game Console emulator also ... Nintendo Sega etc.. I also use it as a DVR. Webbrowser. SageTV miniClient. I can watch Comcast TV2GO ... which means I can watch previously shown broadcast series without having to record. (Premium Movies at my Convenience). I can cast whatever is on my tablet to it. I also use it as a file manger to move files from Sage Server to my Nas from my sofa.

It does 4K. has 1 gig Ethernet and ac wireless. Bluetooth
Now you tell me how that is limited? or what is missing? I am sure there are many uses I forgot.
Well that Eazy
1: Only 2 Steam
2: No analog support
Old 06-11-2016, 10:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Well that Eazy
1: Only 2 Steam
2: No analog support
Analog what is analog???
Old 06-11-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Analog what is analog???
HaHa very funny
Old 06-11-2016, 01:29 PM
SageTVaholic

I am kind of curious, though- what analog sources do you still have? I don't even bother setting up non-HD channels at this point- everything work watching has an HD channel.

While I understand SHS's concern over 2 streams, that's going to be enough for almost anyone that as a Plex server for their own personal (and immediate family) use. It will be interesting to see how it performs. It's going to be the cheapest low-power, quiet Plex server capable of handling 2 transcoding streams.

I like my Shield TV, although I find it a little quirky. I've had big problems with audio drift in Netflix, and I generally find navigation in the Sage miniclient painfully slow (it's a little better using the Shield remote, but that's too limited for me).
Old 06-11-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie14 View Post
I am kind of curious, though- what analog sources do you still have? I don't even bother setting up non-HD channels at this point- everything work watching has an HD channel.
HDMI or Component is all you get with Satellite and in some case with Cable as the HDHomerun dosen't with all cable system.

Last edited by SHS; 06-12-2016 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey nyplayer,

Would you happen to know if the HDHR DVR software can use Schedules Direct. I notice that it is $60.00 which includes 1 yr Guide subscription. I already have and use SD so jsut wondering. Thanks!

Rick
Old 06-12-2016, 07:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranockcir View Post
Hey nyplayer,

Would you happen to know if the HDHR DVR software can use Schedules Direct. I notice that it is $60.00 which includes 1 yr Guide subscription. I already have and use SD so jsut wondering. Thanks!

Rick
Nope it is tied in to their guide data and servers.

Guide Data Favorites and Viewing history are kept on their servers. Makes it easy to move the DVR around but it forces you to use their guide data.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Nope it is tied in to their guide data and servers.

Guide Data Favorites and Viewing history are kept on their servers. Makes it easy to move the DVR around but it forces you to use their guide data.
Ah, I see, I have a Shield and a Prime, was looking to play with yet another DVR system. :-) Thanks for the reply.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranockcir View Post
Ah, I see, I have a Shield and a Prime, was looking to play with yet another DVR system. :-) Thanks for the reply.
They will be making changes to the Android DVR .... will be released sometime Tuesday. You will be able to use eternal storage for recordings.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
...eternal storage...
I like the sounds of that. Probably not made by Seagate.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 06-12-2016, 02:01 PM
SageTVaholic

There's still no DRM support, though, right?

And it sounds like the software makes a big distinction between live TV and recorded TV. For instance, is it true that you can't pause live TV? Can you even watch shows currently being recorded? (and if so, what kinds of restrictions are there?)